FIVB Revolution = no more than 3 foreign players per club

• According to this rule eg. Noliko Masseik, Hot Volleys Vienna or RC Cannes(female) would not exist :whistle: They have almost no native players :huh: They would become nothing more than average teams, cause Belgian and Austrian and also French feamale volleyball is weak :huh:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• How many teams is in Brazilian league?

Well, right now there are 10 (6 teams and 4 "only-play-once-in-the-league") but it was because the federation did such a big job... There were meant to be six teams, but they made some lobby and 4 more companies decided to patrocinate small (and weak) teams that may not be in the next season... Usually there are these six teams that always play, and every year the federation has to include three or four weak teams otherwise there is not a championship...

Tenerife has players with not much quality, in my opinion at least. But being a team with foreigners and making a lousy job doesn't mean that foreign players do lousy jobs. There are bad foreign players as well there are good ones. I just think that foreign players are essential for leagues like Spanish one (and I agree with what Konrad said, and I'd add Volero Zurich as well)... So, who knows? Would you like the see Champion's League teams to just disappear??

PS: isn't Lamas spanish now? I heard that she changed her nationality and could play for spanish nt...

• tenerife is getting me shocked :what: they miss neslihan very much :whistle:

• For the 2008/2009 season a maximum of two players coming from other National Federations will be allowed simultaneously on court for each Club. For the 2009/2010 season the Clubs will be allowed to register a maximum of four players coming from other National Federations, permitting the participation of two players coming from other National federations on court at the same time.

For the 2010/2011 season and on, nine local players and three players coming from other National Federations will be allowed to be registered per Club, allowing only two players coming from other National Federations, simultaneously, on the court at the same time.
    “We have a full understanding of the European laws, but we believe that sport is not a matter of labour,” said Dr. Acosta. “The FIVB and CEV have agreed upon and will continue to determine how to best implement this plan in Europe, and will be ready to provide information upon request by the European Union.” The FIVB will not sanction future transfer activities, and a Club will not be able to engage players coming from other National Federations, if they ignore this ruling.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
    WWW.FIVB.COM

• Well... finally it happend... poor supporters of Cannes, Volero and others... ;(

• I'm waiting for the club's answer ...

I doubt that all of them will accept this situation ...

• http://www.fivb.org/en/Infomed…B.asp?No=15963&Language=0

New rules for Volleyball Clubs: EU players to be considered as local players for next two seasons

Lausanne, March 14, 2008 – The FIVB Board of Administration agreed on Friday to an addendum to make more specific the first decision of the number of Club players from other National Federations that will be forwarded to the 31st World Congress in June.

For a period of two years as from 2008 (2008/2009 and 2009/2010 seasons), European National Federations obliged to abide by the rules of the European Union are free to grant any player from another Federation of the Union the right to play instead of their local players.

--------

I'm glad to hear this addendum (atleast for the next 2 seasons).

• Stupid men are they - FIVB.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• This decision is controversial, but now we will be able to see which nations have the best clubs (not the biggest account of money) contained of their native players. Of course it is very bad for Volero, Cannes etc., but now countries like France, Switzerland or Spain ( I mean female volleyball) will have also to invest in French, Spaniards, Swiss and not only buy some stars which may bring some success in the future.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• “We have a full understanding of the European laws, but we believe that sport is not a matter of labour,” said Dr. Acosta.

So stupid! Sport is not labour? So players should play without earning money and try to find another job?? Without money they don't eat!!!!

Players earn money with clubs, not with NT. Acosta doesn't understand that a lot of players will get citizenship of another country to earn more money.

• but now countries like France, Switzerland or Spain ( I mean female volleyball) will have also to invest in French, Spaniards, Swiss and not only buy some stars which may bring some success in the future.

They won't!!! There isn't an interest to do so (at least in Switzerland and France)!!!

• I'm waiting for the club's answer ...

I doubt that all of them will accept this situation ...

The only answer is: a big strike!!!

• They won't!!! There isn't an interest to do so (at least in Switzerland and France)!!!

It's not exactly like that. Of course the french clubs would like to have french players in their teams. But there are very few women playing VB in France, you can't expect to have a lot of professional players this way (at least not at the level required by a team playing european competitions). Look at the French female NT FIVB ranking : 35th ! (and youth are not better: 36th)
    You can't have a good female championship in France if you don't have more people playing VB firstly. And what gives people the idea to play volley? Stars like Victoria Ravva playing with a team like RC Cannes. If you cut the possibility to have a RC Cannes in France, then you cut some of the (little) interest for female VB. And you won't get more players, and you'll never get a strong NT ! :down:

• I'm SURE there will be a massive change of nationality, from the part of the players.
    Anyway, it's good for clubs, they will be able to hire players for the half of the salary.
    I don't understand if this rule will be applied to countries like Japan and Brazil where the number of foreign players allowed is smaller than the purpose by FIVB. Will these countries be obliged to change their rules too?

Also, I see some sort of discrimination against non-europeans with the "EU players to be considered as local players for next two seasons". If they weren't born in the country they are playing at, they should be considered foreigners too.

• I'm SURE there will be a massive change of nationality, from the part of the players.

I believe so too. Many will opt for dual citizenship, and if that's not allowed under the laws of the country they're playing in, they'll just drop the original nationality altogether. And who can blame them?

I also tend to believe that clubs like Volero or Cannes will rather dissolve than invest in development of domestic players, because it just doesn't bring money, at least not in the short run.

• Anyway, it's good for clubs, they will be able to hire players for the half of the salary.

It depends of the country. In Brasil (or Czech republic, or maybe Bulgaria) there will be a lot of players coming back so the clubs will have an opportunity to reduce the salaries.
    In a country like France, there will be a lot of players leaving. There are currently about 80 foreigners playing in pro A M the same in pro A F and about 60 to 70 in pro B , with the 3 foreigners rule that's only allowing 42 player max per division . So the french pro teams would have to recruit about 70 males and 40 females juste to replace foreign players leaving. Of course the best french players will have very, very good propositions from all the clubs wanting them in their team, because they won't want to have weak players. These teams were formerly able to recruit foreign players from all over the world (currently there are more than 30 different nationalities represented only in the French pro A M.). With this rule, the teams will fight for the same players and the salaries will rise.

Also, I see some sort of discrimination against non-europeans with the "EU players to be considered as local players for next two seasons". If they weren't born in the country they are playing at, they should be considered foreigners too.

I think this decision had something to do with the new European regulations (decided with the Lisbon Treaty, but not yet applied since the treaty has not yet been ratified by all countries right now) who will come into force on 1 January 2009. Limiting the number of foreign player right now will break current regulations in EU. And this may have something to do with clubs having currently long term contract with many foreigners players. Suppose a team having 3 or 4 very important foreign players under contract for the next two years. What will they do ? Leave some of them on the bench because they are not allowed to have all of them on court at the same time. It would be unfair since these contracts had been signed before the rule took place.

About the change of nationality. It's a strong probability. A lot of Canadian players from French descent will become "French", Argentinian with Spanish or Italian roots will do the same. As Joanna said, this could be a blow for some NT who will simply loose some players only because they will rather make a living playing in a good championship, than keeping a nationality which would cost them a smaller salaries, even if they will not compete in international competition after.

• It depends of the country. In Brasil (or Czech republic, or maybe Bulgaria) there will be a lot of players coming back so the clubs will have an opportunity to reduce the salaries.
    In a country like France, there will be a lot of players leaving. There are currently about 80 foreigners playing in pro A M the same in pro A F and about 60 to 70 in pro B , with the 3 foreigners rule that's only allowing 42 player max per division . So the french pro teams would have to recruit about 70 males and 40 females juste to replace foreign players leaving. Of course the best french players will have very, very good propositions from all the clubs wanting them in their team, because they won't want to have weak players. These teams were formerly able to recruit foreign players from all over the world (currently there are more than 30 different nationalities represented only in the French pro A M.). With this rule, the teams will fight for the same players and the salaries will rise.

Well, I wasn't really refering to Brazil when I said that, even because brazilian federation has rules that prohibites good players from playing together. In my point of view, if you dismantle teams like Volero, Cannes, Pesaro, Murcia, Tenerife, etc, you will have a lot of NT leveled players that won't have a job and also there are many others that have good level (not NT, though) that won't have club as well. It's the club interest to keep high level players in their roster, but also more than the club, it's the player interest to have a place to play. Either them can return to their place of origin or go looking for a club that hires them. For the top of the tops, I guess they'll earn even more money that they do nowadays, but for a lot of others, I think they'll have to accept to earn less because otherwise they won't have place to play.
    Also, in Italy, for example, the foreigners earn a lot but if you have to replace them by unexperienced players, you can pay less, too. Also I think that top players will fight over a good team to play, because there will be more players than spots to play.

But that's just my opinion, who knows what will happen?

• Well, I wasn't really refering to Brazil when I said that, even because brazilian federation has rules that prohibites good players from playing together.

OK, I did not know that. But still the problem for brazilian players is that many will not find a team in Europe and would have to come back playing in Brazil.You are right saying that a lot of players will be unemployed and will have to come back in their country or accept lower salaries.
    But in championship like France, the local players will have a lot of places available in the teams, and so will be able to rise their salaries, when foreigners will have to accept lower ones.

• I think it is very good desicion.At least for my team (of course for russian, polish). For example spain, french teams include many foreign players but they represent France or Spain.
    How can it be? :?:

• spain, french teams include many foreign players but they represent France or Spain.
    How can it be? :?:

Why should it not be ? ;)