FIVB Revolution = no more than 3 foreign players per club

• I think it is very good desicion.At least for my team.

Are you sure it will be good for Azerbaijan? :whistle: I think there is a good possibility Mammadova becomes Russian or Swiss.

• As far as I know she has already changed her nationality from Ukrainian to Azeri. I don't know if it's possible to change again...

I think yes! Besides this, I think she has never played in Ukrainian NT. I know there are some rules regarding players which played in two NTs.

• Sorry for bad English.I couldn't explain.

I mean for example "a" team represents "B" country.But all player are from other countries.I can't be agree with this.There must be at least 3 or 4 player from that country.(it is the same in football,basketball).If this "a" team wins cups it will be like that "B"s "a" country won cup.But there are not players from this country.How this team can represent that country?But of course there can be foreign players.

It will be bad for the some first years.But then everything will be ok.There won't be more strong difference between teams.And also NT will be very good.

It is true some players will get other citizenship.But there must be also new desicion about it.

Yes,Mammadova changed her nationality.But really i don't want players change their nationality.I think there must be strong laws about it.

I hope i could explain :)

• this rule is so stupid.some countries like turkey,russia and serbia can t have foreign players more than 3.it is not fair :mad: coz we aren t member of european unity :cursing: so while the other country is going on having lots of foreign players in their roster.but we can t :down:
    IT IS UNFAIR :what:

• Strong laws? Well, I think they should exist, but I'm not really hoping that Acosta gives a damn about it.
    I still choke everytime I read about this law. It's so stupid...

• The French Volleyball National League board decided to keep the "total opening rule" for the French Pro A championship for the season 2008/2009.

Therefore the Clubs in French Pro A will be able to play with as many foreigners as they want without limit of any sort.
    Nevertheless, the Volleyball National League warned the team who will play an European cup next year that they should pay attention to a possible limit of foreigners in these competitions for next year.Right know this regulation is not known.

This decision will have to be confirmed in General Assembly in May. But this is a strong signal that French Club are not willing to accept FIVB decision.

(in French Pro B, there is a restriction of 2 players out of European Country and countries having agreements with Europa. - which include more than 100 countries. In French Pro AF , the restriction is of 3 players out of these "European" countries)

• People...I don't believe...or better I can't believe...that someone will accept this rule...cause is going against any right of work from people!!!!!! Is not possible.....this is going against the right of work of people...cause, although Acosta and the FIVB don't seems do believe that, volleyball is a work as any other!!!! so you can't just prohibit someone of working....this is becoming something bigger than volleyball rules!!!! I don't believe the justice of any country will alow this!!!! At least I hope not!!!!

Brazil confederation...CBV...is supporting this...and I think is so ridiculous!!!For them this "rule" will help the brazilian players to come back to play national league...but the problem is I doubt that all the brazilian players that are out there (so many) are going to get a club here to play....so at the end...this rule is just taking of peoples job...and I'm not talking about the great players like Giba, Fofão...cause them won't have problems....but the others whicht we probably even know about...and depend a lot to play in internation leagues....is ridiculous!!!!

I still can't believe that this was aproved!!!!

• I think all federations...europeans and not europeans should make a big preassure in FIVB!!!! Cause I don't see anyone that is liking this new rule!!!!!!

Really who is supporting this?!!!!!!!!!!!! Why Fivb started with this anyway???

Is they want to change something...should be a rule of the game....and that's it...like Samba player said...is their job...I mean...is so ridiculous even thinking that FIVB is putting their hand on this situation....it gets me :pinch: !!!!

They should be worry more with the fact of is going to be aloowed a second libero...or with the coming back of World club championship!!!!this is what they should be argueing about!!!!

• Thanks...well...like I said..I think all players should do this campain!!!!

Make some preassure at FIVB!!! Cause till now they only looked their side....not the players

• I support this video and joannamss, it's so stupid rule, well done to Daniel Lewis for what he had done. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Thanks again Justyna...

I'm really glad to see brazilian players supporting this campain...cause Ary Graça (CBV's president) is one of the ones who is supporting this stupid rule!!!Actually I think only him and Magri are supporthing..but anyway!!!

Like I said...I think is time for FIVB listen to the players!!!!

• Yeah I agree with the original poster; bad rule. Shouldn't try to manage things from above like this, freedom and letting things evolve in general is better. It's like managing the market as apposed to having a free one. Kinda communist bullshit to put it in a an extreme way. If you want to have a good national team, don't complain about other players that are better coming to your league, just see to it that your players get better so they can play in your top leagues. It's just globalisation at work... Cuz like what you're doing now is making the level of the league lower (by denying foreign BETTER players to play), so the level is low enough to have your own players play in the league. I fail to see how this will make those players better.. it's the same as having them play in a lower division, except now it's called the highest division. I think having a high level league with good foreigners is really good for the native players that are able to play in such a high level league. God the more I think about it, the more retarded the rule seems.

• German coach Stelian Moculescu, Austrian manager Peter Kleinmann and Treviso's Bruno Da Re wrote a protest letter against the new rule which will be sent to Acosta. They explain the consequences for the various leagues if the rule will be introduced.