FIVB Revolution = no more than 3 foreign players per club

• Players of VfB Friedrichshafen also join to this campain. Btw. we don't see any female teams/players... is it means that they are agree with new rules? ;)

Hehe, the girls are shy and therefore are hiding ;) ... but if we do some searching... Btw, who is she? :D

• Dan Lewis also had a shirt Let us play in Łódź - this idea is stupid i hope Acosta lose

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• Granvorka wants to take the italian citizenship.
    This won't be a problem to him since his wife is italian.

A young bulgarian opposite, Atanas Tarlakanov recruited by Tours as a backup (he was playing with a reserve team from Poitiers and won the title of junior french champion with this team), will ask for the french citizenship as well. (he is probably living in France for some time and is a student here)

Players are adapting to the rule...

• International Volleyball Federation eases stance on foreign quotas

The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) said on Friday it had decided to soften its stance over the introduction of controversial quotas for foreign players.

The FIVB said it would now seek to have no more than three foreign players on court at any one time, rather than the original proposal of two, but said it would still resist any attempts by European Union officials to scupper the plan.

Following protests by several European associations who were concerned at possible conflicts with EU labour laws, the federation said it now planned to let individual associations choose if they want to allow up to three foreign players.

"We held discussions with the associations of Germany, Spain and Switzerland and I think we have found common ground," FIVB president Ruben Acosta told Reuters.

"We have said that there must never be more than half the players on the court coming from another national association."

Speaking at the opening of his federation's new headquarters, Acosta said the decision to offer a "3+3" quota rule instead of the previous "4+2" was based on the concerns of the European associations rather than fears of EU intervention.

On Thursday the European Parliament overwhelmingly rejected the similar "6+5" proposals put forward by world soccer's governing body FIFA, arguing that the scheme would "create direct discrimination based on nationality".

Like FIFA, the FIVB is arguing that its proposals would actually be in keeping with EU competition laws, since it would prevent rich clubs monopolising their domestic leagues by buying up all the best foreign players.

"I think the European Union has no idea about what is practised in team sports. They are confused and we want them to reconsider their whole concept.

"There is no conflict with European labour law because clubs will still be able to sign as many foreign players as they wish. But when it comes to the number who can appear on court at any one time, that is for the sports bodies to decide.

"There is no judge who will rule on this in any case unless there is first a complaint. The EU will have to wait until we implement it before trying to intervene but we have already decided if it is necessary then we will go to court."

The FIVB's revised proposals will be discussed by the federation's executive board in Lausanne on Monday before being put before the sport's national associations at their congress in Dubai next month.

Source: Reuters

• Good. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Yes but here will be changes in the future ... :thumbdown:

• The FIVB Board of Administration have taken a key decision for the future of Volleyball. FIVB hands decision on limitations on foreign players to National Federations.

The FIVB decided to revise the decision regarding limitations of ITC players (athletes with an international transfer certificate) on the court. This comes after the recommendation of the Legal Commission and the analysis of the legal conflict with European and other countries labour laws. The FIVB recommends National Federations do their utmost to have local players in club teams. Every National Federation has the right to decide the composition of teams in their respective leagues and championships.

It was also agreed that the transfer of players inside a continent will be handled by the Continental Confederation. The two conditions for this are that all transfers are registered at the FIVB and that the transfer fee is shared between the FIVB and Continental Confederation. Transfers between two different Continental Confederations are to be handled by the FIVB.

Why has the FIVB gone back on their decision concerning limitations on foreign players?
    President Wei: “To strictly follow the European Union. In FIFA, the “six plus five” rule is not sure because feedback is not unanimously positive. I have been talking to Presidents of our National Federations. They said, ‘This is a good proposal (to place limitations) but difficult to implement. If we limit foreign players the quality may go down and we will lose the market.’ For this reason we return and we will not compulsorily limit foreign players. We should be realistic. It is good for the future but not now. EU law is one of the key points. We didn’t want to enter in a fight with the European Union.”

source: volleycountry.com / FIVB