Poland - PlusLiga 2014/2015

• Today Result:

Resovia - Cuprum 2-3 (19-25 23-25 25-15 25-15 13-15) MVP: Szymon Romać stats
    Another surprise, hard to say why Sovia lost...

They made many more errors on serve

• Standings:
    1. Skra 37 (13-1)
    2. Resovia 34 (11-3)
    3. Lotos 33 (12-2)
    4. JW 28 (10-4)
    5. ZAKSA 27 (9-5)
    6. Transfer 27 (9-5)
    7. Cuprum 24 (8-6)
    8. Politechnika 19 (6-8 )
    9. Czarni 18 (5-9)
    10. Indykpol 12 (4-10)
    11. AZS 10 (3-11)
    12. Effector 9 (3-11)
    13. BBTS 9 (3-11)
    14. Banimex 7 (2-12)

So we have few groups here:
    - Skra, Resovia and Lotos on top
    - JW, ZAKSA, Transfer and Cuprum as chasers
    - Politechnika and Czarni are fighting for Play-Offs
    - Indykpol, AZS, Effector, BBTS and Banimex as bottom 5

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• All bench players except Lisinac.
    I don't mean to judge but from what I saw during the warming up in Innsbruck, the bench players are indeed way below starting squad's level.
    Although this loss is not necessarily a bad thing. Keeping a winning streak is too exhausting. Skra now can place themselves on a more realistic position (like a team that do lose). Anyways, it is also wise to rest main players in the middle of the season before they're worn out in the elimination round of Plusliga and ECL.

Today Result:

Resovia - Cuprum 2-3 (19-25 23-25 25-15 25-15 13-15) MVP: Szymon Romać stats
    Another surprise, hard to say why Sovia lost...

I would put the two surprises apart.

I agree it makes sense for Skra to rest their key players after the convincing start of the season and the easy group in the Champions League. They can totally afford it. They can use them in full strength in January and February when decisive matches will come. However, it is a warning sign that even with their bench Skra couldn't handle the league's allegedly weakest team at home. Not a good sign for Brdovic, Wrona, Wlodarczyk and Marechal.

Resovia's home defeat is a more problematic one. It is the fourth one in a row (correct me if I am wrong) after Skra, Lotos and Berlin. Besides, Kowal uses a rotational system, everyone gets more or less equal court time. It has its pros in the long run, but hides some risks in terms of current shape and efficiency. They also often fail to provide a reliable starting six. Resovia's situation is surely more troublesome.

• His scheme managed to get everybody out of shape not just Penchev for whom I warned about.

• Today Results:

Effector - Politechnika 3-1 (23-25 27-25 25-22 25-20) MVP: Mateusz Bieniek stats
    Transfer - Indykpol 3-0 (25-20 25-22 25-21) MVP: Wojciech Jurkiewicz stats
    AZS - JW 0-3 (21-25 11-25 20-25) MVP: Michał Łasko stats
    BBTS - Resovia 1-3 (20-25 20-25 25-23 23-25) MVP: Marko Ivovic stats

• MVP is clearly Nowakowsky in this match - when an MB is the best scorer, he is always the MVP

• I would put the two surprises apart.

I agree it makes sense for Skra to rest their key players after the convincing start of the season and the easy group in the Champions League. They can totally afford it. They can use them in full strength in January and February when decisive matches will come. However, it is a warning sign that even with their bench Skra couldn't handle the league's allegedly weakest team at home. Not a good sign for Brdovic, Wrona, Wlodarczyk and Marechal.

Resovia's home defeat is a more problematic one. It is the fourth one in a row (correct me if I am wrong) after Skra, Lotos and Berlin. Besides, Kowal uses a rotational system, everyone gets more or less equal court time. It has its pros in the long run, but hides some risks in terms of current shape and efficiency. They also often fail to provide a reliable starting six. Resovia's situation is surely more troublesome.

It's interesting you suddenly become interested in what is happening when one team lose against weaker team. Of course you didn't watch Skra played in league with other weaker teams before like Effector, BBTS by reserve team with Marechal, Muzaj and everything was ok. That's why this one lose with Będzin smells like bookmaker business.

• His scheme managed to get everybody out of shape not just Penchev for whom I warned about.

His scheme is stupid from the begining when Ljubo Travica left. Kowal made this club as a corporation, I don't see any sport character in this "firm". Fans after these several shameful loses in a row complained about it, there are many articles. I think every supporter is now praying for more mistakes of Kowal, it's enough to read on their official forum page. Even these players are not worth money they pay for them. This club needs stronger starting six and many players are useless. After failure in CL (Berlin, maybe again Budva?), loses with Skra, Lotos, Cuprum, if it will be no improvement they will make revolution like Skra did after ended at 5th position in league 2 years ago. I would kick off coach, hire Heynen as a coach, throw out all players and only keep Drzyzga, Nowakowski and Buszek. Say goodbye to others. Especially to Achrem who will probably never play like he played before this terrible injury, at his age it's end for him sooner or later. Hire bomb on attack Schmitt or Edgar. Penchev is like Cupkovic was for Skra or Perugia. It will be better for him if he would like to understand finally his role in this club it has no sense.

• MVP is clearly Nowakowsky in this match - when an MB is the best scorer, he is always the MVP

IMHO it should be Nowakowski, but here is proof that Ivovic was chosen :wavy:

• It's interesting you suddenly become interested in what is happening when one team lose against weaker team. Of course you didn't watch Skra played in league with other weaker teams before like Effector, BBTS by reserve team with Marechal, Muzaj and everything was ok. That's why this one lose with Będzin smells like bookmaker business.

As I said, you must be quite new to the forum, it's not like I suddenly became interested in surprising results, the Polish League or volleyball in general. I suggest you stay out of qualifications. Yes, I didn't watch all games of Belchatow this season, I know it was not the first time they had used bench players and it was indeed the first time this caused problems. True, they might've had just a bad day, but I still find it a warning sign because they should've beaten Bedzin, in a tie-break or in a dramatic way, doesn't matter. After all, if they aim higher, these games are a must. Take, for example, the way Russian teams with great rosters win with their B-team (Loko Novosibirsk in Bulgaria, Belogorie in the Russian League and so on). Could bookmakers really interfere to such an extent in Poland? I hope not.

His scheme is stupid from the begining when Ljubo Travica left. Kowal made this club as a corporation, I don't see any sport character in this "firm". Fans after these several shameful loses in a row complained about it, there are many articles. I think every supporter is now praying for more mistakes of Kowal, it's enough to read on their official forum page. Even these players are not worth money they pay for them. This club needs stronger starting six and many players are useless. After failure in CL (Berlin, maybe again Budva?), loses with Skra, Lotos, Cuprum, if it will be no improvement they will make revolution like Skra did after ended at 5th position in league 2 years ago. I would kick off coach, hire Heynen as a coach, throw out all players and only keep Drzyzga, Nowakowski and Buszek. Say goodbye to others. Especially to Achrem who will probably never play like he played before this terrible injury, at his age it's end for him sooner or later. Hire bomb on attack Schmitt or Edgar. Penchev is like Cupkovic was for Skra or Perugia. It will be better for him if he would like to understand finally his role in this club it has no sense.

Thanks for the local information about Resovia! In my opinion, half of the squad Resovia has is good. I definitely disagree that a player like Thomas Edgar could change much. Gavin Schmitt is another story, but I don't know if Resovia, for example, can pay him more than what he gets in Turkey. Jochen Schops is a great opposite, but they surely need another great one in addition, not Konarski. I agree with you, even if I am not Polish and don't follow the team daily, that Kowal should be the first to be released. A better coach should be able to make these players perform better. By the way, Ivovic is another great player and he fits the style of Resovia quite well.

• Today Results:
    Skra - Cuprum 3-2 (19-25 22-25 25-19 25-17 15-10) MVP: Facundo Conte stats
    Banimex - Czarni 2-3 (25-19 25-21 24-26 20-25 8-15) MVP: Daniel Pliński stats
    ZAKSA - Lotos 1-3 (24-26 16-25 25-22 22-25) MVP: Murphy Troy stats

• I may have missed some news, but... where is Gromadowski in Cuprum? :what:

No idea, maybe little injury, he didn't play also in previous game. But he played against JW :wavy:

• Skra apparently is struggling with finding a proper sub for Wlazly, which they definitely need for the upcoming playoffs. I guess Muzaj just failed the test and now it's Marechal's turn.

Again, Skra's bench squad seemed too weak this season. I almost forget how spoiled we (skra fans) were when there were Atanasijevic and Bakiewicz on the bench.

• Day 16:
    19.12 Lotos - Czarni 19:00
    20.12 BBTS - Indykpol 17:00
    20.12 Transfer - Effector 17:00
    20.12 Banimex - Resovia 18:00
    20.12 Cuprum - ZAKSA 18:00
    21.12 Skra - JW 14:45 Polsat Sport
    22.12 AZS - Politechnika 18:00 Polsat Sport

• Today Results:

Lotos - Czarni 3-0 (25-10 27-25 25-15) MVP: Marco Falaschi stats
    Oivanen was too weak as only Czarni's leader. Meanwhile Lotos didn't have significant weaknesses.

• Today Results:

BBTS - Indykpol 3-0 (25-16 28-26 25-19) MVP: Serhiy Kapelus stats
    Kapelus and Gonzalez led BBTS to win. Bednorz and Adamajtis couldn't rake even single set.

Transfer - Effector 3-0 (25-14 25-19 25-18 ) MVP: Konstantin Cupkovic stats
    Colombian Machacon made debut, but was only a sub in Effector. Cupkovic, Jarosz and Duff's effort was key to victory.

Banimex - Resovia 0-3 (18-25 17-25 22-25) MVP: Jochen Schops stats
    Good game by Sarnecki and Gaca. But Sovia didn't have weaker points. Żurek played as L.

Cuprum - ZAKSA 3-0 (25-19 25-22 25-16) MVP: Szymon Romać stats
    Weaker game by ZAKSA, while Cuprum was so great ^^

• Skra migh have made a big mistake today by letting Malinowski spike so easy today. Apparently they use much more efforts on blocking Zibi, but they freed Malinowski, who basically was the key player of JW in the 2nd/3rd set.

And I still have the same old complaints about Skra's bench players.