Germany - Volleyball Bundesliga (VBL) 2014/15

• The only problem I see is how and whether they will need 5000 seats for the Bundesliga. I was in this hall during the 2012 World League Week 1 tournament at the end of May (the group featured Germany, Argentina, Bulgaria and Portugal) and the German Volleyball Federation suffered terribly to promote the game to fans in Frankfurt. If it hadn't been for the Bulgarian fans back then, the hall would've been partially empty. And it's the national team we are talking about. Of course, volleyball attendance in Germany is an old problem, I am not going to start it all over again now, but to me, this is one of the regions dominated by football and it would take a lot of effort to sell tickets for the Fraport Arena regularly. But Berlin also started ambitiously with the Max-Schmelling-Halle when they used to be called SCC Berlin, so who knows. I also hope Rüsselsheim can maintain the investment and keep their status as long as possible. And maybe even come close to what Herrsching is trying to do, for Unterhaching and Berlin RV are/were surely a step or two ahead.

Tell me one region in Germany, which is not dominated by football...... :whistling:

But I agree that playing in such a big hall is a risk and they will have to be good from the beginning and have to invest in advertising. I will give it a chance. Playing in better shoe-boxes like Lüneburg and Herrsching can't be a solution as well, especially when you consider that It will be the last year, they will be allowed to play in their halls.

But there is another sports news concerning last season:

Scott Touzinsky has been voted "MVP for season 2014/15" by coaches, players and journalists. :thumbup: :obey: Well deserved vote, he carried the team in difficult moments and was a perfect captain.

http://volleyball.de/nc/news/d…alls-in-der-juni-ausgabe/

• The Bodensee region and the city of Friedrichshafen :D :drink:

:thumbup:
    Technically, you are right here, even though i would almost bet that there still much more people in the "Bodensee region" regularly attending football matches (Freiburg, Stuttgart, Hoffenheim, Munich...) than there are people regularly watching Volleyball in Friedrichshafen. But this is just a guess....

But football is just too big to be a real competitor for Volleyball anyway. Imo,its the other indoor sports (Basketball, Handball, Ice Hockey), who are the true competitors. Their leagues are ahead in most areas (attendances, TV-deals, sponsorships, budgets) and Volleyball needs to close the gap towards these sports. Football plays just in its own league......