Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• Caring for Trento, I'll look at the good side of this defeat: if playing that bad Trento can lose a set for 2 points and a set for 3 points vs an aggressive and cohesive Perugia – and can stay point-to-point while playing worst than them – after all playing well the story may go quite differently...
    Of course losing and playing bad are both annoying things, especially when mixed together.

Anyway, imho for Trento bad performance we have to give several credits also to Perugia, that limited the effectiveness of Trento's spikers and doing so forced them to made several mistakes.

• Yes, the worst Trento of the season maybe, but Perugia was far from its best as well. The worst Giannelli I ever saw. On the other side De Cecco not so brilliant. It was the first match I watched after long time, at least they won. Bad Russell, so so Zaytsev and Berger. Zaytsev spiking from 2 is something, Zaytsev spiking from 4 is domething different. :whistle:

The only one who actually pleased me is Tosi. At least Bari isn't playing anymore. :obey:

• Despite bad performance by Trento's spikers, some super fast sets by Giannelli are simply illogical

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Technically I do agree that Perugia can do more, but the attitude imho was the right one.

For me the worst Giannelli is still the one vs Serbia in the WL semifinal :P, but I agree that this one wasn't his finest match (even if imho also the spikers are to blame...).
    BTW, in the interview he said that he wasn't pleased by the lack of aggressiveness of Trento, but that their game was ok 8|
    I thought their game was awful xD

• Despite bad performance by Trento's spikers, some super fast sets by Giannelli are simply illogical

Well, they definitely seem illogical when they don't work, but when they do...

BTW, I'm always very curious to understand how much is Giannelli pushing and how much is Lorenzetti asking him to do so.

Today Lorenzetti snapped at Solé during a time out, even if I love Seba and the situation wasn't great I found the moment almost hilarious xD

• Atanasijevic 16 points (68% in attack).

De Cecco only set the ball to the MBs 7 times through the whole game, but when you have Atanasijevic killing, u really dont have to go anywhere else.

Stokr 12 points (50% in attack)

• Atanasijevic 16 points (68% in attack).

De Cecco only set the ball to the MBs 7 times through the whole game, but when you have Atanasijevic killing, u really dont have to go anywhere else.

Stokr 12 points (50% in attack)

Thought Perugia won because of their service pressure and blocking. It was just a matter of time. Trento had to put into work to overcome that.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• To me the match has been quite poor, too many mistakes from both sides and not so beautiful game. Congrats to Perugia, they're showing a good game with all the great players they have. Anyway, I still don't understand why Zaytsev wants to play as OH: he could be one of the best OPPs in the world as shown in Rio, while as OH he is just average!

• Today big match Modena - Perugia at 6 pm on Rai Sport 1. I'll be in Palapanini

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Today big match Modena - Perugia at 6 pm on Rai Sport 1. I'll be in Palapanini

Nice battle so far. Very good entertainment and some good Volleyball as well. :thumbup:
    Modena takes the first set.

• Did anything happen to Atanasijevic or why Berger has to play opposite again ?

• De Cecco: What's a pipe attack?!? :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Did anything happen to Atanasijevic or why Berger has to play opposite again ?

My guess is he hyperextended his knee or he got cramps.

#FreeBritney

• Great match by Russell in 4th set. In the end it was personal battle between russell and ngapeth and the american prevailed. I wonder how many sets perugia's middles got today? Don't remember many......

Now the fifth set :super:

• This is what I mean with Perugia having a weak OH bench. :call:

#FreeBritney

• I'm just gonna say that Perugia needs to either let off Dore or Velizar. They badly need another good OH who can play opp as well if they're planning to let go Velizar. Doesn't matter to be young as long as he comes cheap. :whistle:

#FreeBritney