Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• True, I hadn't realize that!

Thanks for confirming my suspicion though. I didn't know Perugia is at deep trouble with that foreign player limit until your post.

Its really bad when you can't have Giannellis graduating from your "academies" to become a core of your team and have to rely on money to buy foreign players with the same level instead. And year by year, that core have to be tested so they won't come and go so team chemistry cannot be ruined even if the players you replaced them with are better than the last ones that went to other teams. :read:

Perugia just needs to build a better team that can stabilize by itself. Civitanova has finally found it tbh. Perugia still hasn't cause their core is not as strong or isn't compatible as/with the framework surrounding it so no matter how strong the team looks like... It crumbles under pressure. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Its really bad when you can't have Giannellis graduating from your "academies" to become a core of your team

As Italian I'm very proud of the amazing work Trento did with the youngs (and is trying to do, but in this moment I think they have younger kids: Giannelli&co closed an amazing cycle, they won something I think every year, in their category. I couldn't find the age on the website unfortunately, so I'm not sure).

This is actually one of the reason that lately lead me to cheer for them: when Trento won everything in the Italian Championship I was a Cuneo fan (that Parodi :heart:, Mastro :love:, Henno :cheesy:) and when Cuneo disappeared I cheered for the NT-Lube for a while. Obviously also back then I cheered for Trento (or any other Italian team) in European Cups and WCCh vs foreign teams ;)

Having said that, we must admit that yes, they were really forward-looking when they picked the young Giannelli to play with Trentino, that they grew him very well (a lot of credits for that!), they bet on him and gave him huge chances to show his abilities but... I think they were also very lucky to meet a natural talent like that ^^
    I think you can train well hundred of kids and not having the luck to give birth to a single Giannelli...
    But at the same time it's clear that if you train zero kid (or if you train them badly) you will never have a Giannelli for sure :P

• I was hoping Perugia gets him but he was unavailable when they were looking for a head coach because of his polish ambitions. :whistle:

Don't get me wrong, I feel Bernardi is a good coach but he's been focusing on the wrong problems for a long time like reception that he totally forgot Ivan is drifting away from the attack efficiency line. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I was hoping Perugia gets him but he was unavailable when they were looking for a head coach because of his polish ambitions. :whistle:

Don't get me wrong, I feel Bernardi is a good coach but he's been focusing on the wrong problems for a long time like reception that he totally forgot Ivan is drifting away from the attack efficiency line. :whistle:

That's not Bernardi's fault. The attack from area 4 has always been Ivan's biggest weakness, as the attack from area 1/2 his best skill

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• That's not Bernardi's fault. The attack from area 4 has always been Ivan's biggest weakness, as the attack from area 1/2 his best skill

He was still fine until the coach was asking him to receive 60% positive reception and 40% perfect reception. I mean that's too much especially for someone who just got back from being an opposite for years. Sometimes it doesn't need to be perfect constantly so he can still take part in the attack and have a nice approach still.. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• I wonder if Modena let Piazza go only after securing a back up plan (Stoytchev would be the perfect one I guess, even if I'm curious about is relationship with Ngapeth) or if they still have to find someone...

Ps: how strange would it be a Trento vs Modena match with exchanged coaches...

• Anyway Perugia lacks out of system hitters, Aaron is but then De Cecco rarely uses him especially the pipe. He just straight up go to his opposite when everythng goes wrong. The only time he goes for the pipe is when he gets told to do it which basically is so predictable. It's just not fluid at all sometimes which puts the whole Perugia team on stasis.

Atanasijevic isn't someone you can trust during that where he gets blockers commiting to him. He's a thinking player and he adjust well to De Cecco's sets but he can't force the point like Zaytsev for the NT or Sokolov does for everywhere.

I guess this is what I like about Modena, the attacks seems not to end even when the ball was barely digged and came from an unusual underhand set to the pipe or wings. They still can hit it.

For Perugia, nah... They just go with either wings whoever is available. :down:

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Also Cook exonerated :white: That was unexpected!
    And again the same question: a decision made already having a back up plan, or just because it was the right decision?

Another 'capro espiatorio' (scapegoat in english?) or he was actually a problem in the team?
    Once there were problems between him and Piazza: in the post match interview Piazza clearly (and not very gently) said that he needed to take 'credit' for his mistakes (if I recall well): the message I got back then was that Cook pointed his finger vs Orduna to justify himself in attack and Piazza didn't appreciate it at all (as he should have).

Fortunately Robinson didn't chose to go to Modena :lol:

About Stoytchev, it seems he won't be the next coach at least this season. Giani seems to be a possibility, I don't know if real or just because he is free and he is beloved in Modena so everybody thought of him right after Rado (or Rezende father).

Form one point of view, clever Rado not to get in to this mess... On the other hand I would have love to see what he could do ;)

• hello guys, I'm new here. I'm interested in sports bets, not sure if we talk about it?

just would like to learn about your opinions about Trentino - Verona tonight.

• hello guys, I'm new here. I'm interested in sports bets, not sure if we talk about it?

just would like to learn about your opinions about Trentino - Verona tonight.

I say Verona can win in straight sets if Trentino's OH's problem still persists.

#FreeBritney

• I say Verona can win in straight sets if Trentino's OH's problem still persists.

Glad to be wrong on this one but man. Trentino's OH are becoming a problem.

For Perugia, Ivan's attack stats went up after he shanked some passes just as I predicted. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• https://m.facebook.com/story.p…155802&id=309551855734459

Ngapeth hit Jovovic's face with a pipe and then he pretended to be a boxing referee XD

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Very important match today.

Piacenza vs Vibo Valentia

#FreeBritney

• I was checking stats from past seasons and I did not know that Atanasijevic has been the highest score in the Italian League since 2013. :cheesy:

:cup: Season 2013/2014 - 458 points.

:cup: Season 2014/2015 - 516 points.

:cup: Season 2015/2016 - 450 points.

And he is only 25 years old. He is a phenomenon :dance6: :woohoo: :dance4: