Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• Kovar has a muscle problem so he won't be available for the Supercup :(
    How unlucky he is??

I wonder if Pesaresi will be second libero or 4th OH at this point, since without Kovar and Kaliberda there is a free spot in that position.
    I specify that I didn't understand if this year the rule 'the second libero will be considered foreign if the first is foreign' is active or not...

• It seems this year Sportube (Lega Volley Channel) won't be free :(
    I don't know how much it will cost...
    But I hope hey'll give info soon, because on saturday rai won't transmit Supercup semifinals...

Link to pay for LVC: http://sportube.tv/pacchetti/lvc
    I don't know if the matches ara available worldwide.
    The matches aired on Rai won't be transmitted.
    It seems that there will be replays of the matches, but it isn't clear if it will be possible to see the on demand...
    The quality isn't good (it's like junior ECh on Laola, I'll say)

Prices until November the 30th (then, +10):
    50 euro Superlega + Serie A2 (Regular Season + Italian Cup + Play Off)
    30 euro Superlega (RS + Coppa + PO)
    30 euro serie A2 (RS + Coppa + PO)
    2,9 a single match

The Supercap semifinals and third-4th place final will be free.

• How good is Swan Ngapeth?

According to what I saw, nothing special, only a decent receiver. We hired him only in order to ensure a better and more joyful stay in our town for his brother

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• From what I saw in the last tournament, Modena is still under construction.. Too many mistakes both in serve and in attack. Trento looks a bit better, they basically changed nothing from last year, while Modena changed setter (and MBs) and that's a big deal. I don't know what to expect from Perugia and Lube, but I'm looking forward to see De Cecco with Zaytsev and Podrascanin!

• Predicted Lineups for Game 2

Lube: Corvetta,Sokolov, Juantorena,Cebulj,Stankovic,Cester,Grebennikov
    Perugia: De Cecco, Atanasijevic (?), Zaytsev, Russell,Podrascanin, Birarelli, Tosi.

Can anyone confirm if Atanasijevic is playing? If he isn't that is a big loss, and Zaytsev would probably play opposite with Della Lunga slotting in as the 2nd OH.

With Atanasijevic I think Perugia can win. Without him, I would say Lube win 3-1.

• No Atanasijevic won't play today, he's still recovering..he should be in bench! So Zaytsev OPP, Russell as OH and one between Della Lunga and Berger as second OH.

• So far, Modena 2 - Urnaut 0. Very good match for us at the moment, only Vettori is still completely far from his best shape

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Deserved 3-1 victory for Modena, even if Trento at the end of the second and fourth set (lost 25-23) wasted few crucial opportunities to get the point, and that was something I wasn't expecting by Trento, to be honest (both because they are Trento and because they practically changed only Stokr).

The three opposites on court (Vettori, Stokr and Nelli) were all quite inconsistent.

Modena served very well (even if with several mistakes – still not as much as Trento) but in my opinion in the first two sets also Trento received worst than they could have done.

Thumb ups for Orduna imho, while probably Giannelli wasn't as lucid as I expected him to be.

I didn't get the change Antonov-Mazzone for the serve in the first two sets, and I would like to know more about the frequent Le Roux-Piano subs, I didn't get a clear pattern except for the serve...

Last question: is Onwelo that immature that he couldn't give rest for a while to this Vettori?

Ps Berger in for Perugia; for the libero, Bari receives and Tosi defends.

Edit: surprise, also Kaliberda this morning reached the team and he's on the bench

• Juantorena playing with back pain... Here we goes again... (but this time I must say that there aren't many other options, since Kaliberda arrived this morning, Kovar is out and as far as I understand even Randazzo has some problems)

• Congrats to Modena, they played better than the last frendlies I saw, especially Ngapeth was on fire. Still there a lot of things to adjust, as it is normal at this point. Also Trento has to improve a lot, the italians player have to gain back a good shape.
    Lube is still a big question mark, dealing with injuries and bad phisical conditions. Congrats also to Perugia, for now Atanasijevic can recover soon...it looks like it is never time to try Zaytsev as OH :lol:

• Lube won 3-2 the 3rd-4th place final.

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed by Trento (and I was thinking that before the tie break started, so it's not related to the result of the match, a two points tie break victory wouldn't had change my opinion), because I expected better from them, considering they are the team that changed less players.
    Stokr didn't shine at the beginning but then improved (at least in attack: from the service line wasn't great despite an ace and in digging didn't helped much).
    Lanza didn't play very well, I expected Antonov to be used a bit more...
    Still, the things I didn't like the most – beside the serve errors – is that Trento practically only once (the first set today) in 5 occasion (2nd a 4th sets yesterday, 4th and 5th sets today) managed to win when the end of the set became a struggled battle... And often it was more for their demerits than for the opponents merits (two wasted free balls after good serve in crucial moments!)
    But we must say that today they never gave up when Lube was leading.

Lube, on the other side, played this match better than I expected, considering all the absences (Kaliberda had to play almost without training with the new teammates!). They weren't perfect, obviously, but they looked like a team even if it was a brand new roster, somehow.
    I only didn't understand why Blengini didn't use Stankovic when Randazzo was in, but after all Cester closed the match, so whatever xD

• With Ourduna (183cm) as the only block opponent, you cannot make a mistake like this, Russell!!!!! 8| 8| 8|

• There's nowhere to watch the final match if you're not in Italy, right? ;( Just checking...

Don't you have any google extensions? I use Hola for example when I am abroad