Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• How many video check does Lube has? O.o
    Or the one on Candellaro not-ace was called by Trento?

I absolutely didn't get the point when Lanza pushed the ball on Lube block. I thought it went on Lube court and then came back on Trento court under the net and was kicked by Solè in Lube court, and then digged by Lube. But that doesn't sound legal at all O.o

Ps Lube is rocking

• Yes I didn't understand that position but Trentino didn't protest it

I was just very curious to understand what really happened ;)
    Did Solé kicked it or not, for instance?

Modena-Molfetta 1-1 (both 25-23)
    Perugia-Monza 1-1 (25-23 and 20-25)
    Ravenna winning 2-0 vs Piacenza
    Verona winning 2-0 vs Vibo
    Latina winning 2-0 vs Padova
    Milano 1-0 and 23-18 vs Sora

Trento :wall: :wall: :wall:
    After the first set perfect Lube as in the italian Cup Final, but this time awful Trento :aww:
    Grebennikov my MVP. :heart:

Latina won 3-0, unfortunately for them Ravenna is 2-0 vs Piacenza, we will see.

• Lol Perugia just snatched the third set from Monza. :heart:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Ravenna won 3-0, unlucky Latina! But now if Vibo loses the 3 of them are at 26 in the 8th place. The teams for the play offs are still to be defined, I will check vs which teams these 3 still has to play.

Damn, Monza was kicking Perugia (it was like 22-15 I think) in the third set but eventually Perugia managed to win 28-26! I was already cheering for Trento keeping the second place despite the awful defeat :(
    And now Perugia is rocking (especially from the service line...)

• The men`s playoffs won`t be like the women`s right???

The women`s only the TOP 6 qualifies automatically. And then they will play 7th vs 10th and 8th vs 9th. And the 2 winners qualifies to the playoffs.

• The women`s only the TOP 6 qualifies automatically. And then they will play 7th vs 10th and 8th vs 9th. And the 2 winners qualifies to the playoffs.

I didn't even know that!

No, for the men the teams from 1st to 8th will play the play offs.
    I've no idea if there will be the 'Challenge Cup play offs' as last year, though.

Modena won 3-1 too.
    Only Milano-Sora at tie break.

For the play off:
    Latina will play vs Perugia, Milano and Vibo.
    Ravenna will play vs Milano, Vibo and Sora, so has a easier path apparently (today victory can end up being fundamental for the play off)
    Vibo will play vs Sora, Ravenna and Latina (so, two direct matches: if they win both they can get the play off)

They are all at 26 now.

Monza – 32 points – will play vs Molfetta, Trento and Piacenza. One victory could be enough.

Perugia and Trento both at 53 points:
    Trento will play vs Modena, Monza and Molfetta (Mo-mo-mo xD). Modena and Molfetta in Palatrento.
    Perugia will play vs Latina, Verona and Milano.

So, probably has better chance than Trento of grabbing the snd place :(

• Trento needs better wing hitters. Poor Simo has to probably overreach beyond his skills
    to give nice tosses to Lanza or Urnaut or give impossible quicks to Sole

Asseco and Lube has a monopoly of that while Perugia and Trento can actually pick one from one of those sides and call it a day.

Or they can pick from those teams with no chance at playoffs who want to get rid of expensive contracts.

Honestly a player like Russell or Joao can be a game changer for them.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Ivan needs serious slapping on the face right now! Gosh I love him like I would even marry him but man I cannot believe the Ivan The Outside Hitter Project is failing before the eyes of his many italian fans. :teach:

Edit: oh he was on the bench. No wonder his stats were low.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• No idea. May be because they are already qualified (I think) for the Final 4, so it doesn't matter in which position they'll end up?

About the CL qualification for the next year – I was reading an article about that, that's why I'm bringing the topic in – the winner of the RS and the two Italian championship finalists will got the tickets.
    If Lube will get to the final, I think the semifinalist with a better position in the ranking will get the pass (my be it's the winner of the Italian Cup instead, but since it's Lube again...)

Ergo, being 2nd or 3rd in the ranking (instead of 4th) could be crucial to qualify to the CL.
    And also crucial to get to the Italian championship final, if Lube keeps playing like that xD

• No idea. May be because they are already qualified (I think) for the Final 4, so it doesn't matter in which position they'll end up?

About the CL qualification for the next year – I was reading an article about that, that's why I'm bringing the topic in – the winner of the RS and the two Italian championship finalists will got the tickets.
    If Lube will get to the final, I think the semifinalist with a better position in the ranking will get the pass (my be it's the winner of the Italian Cup instead, but since it's Lube again...)

Ergo, being 2nd or 3rd in the ranking (instead of 4th) could be crucial to qualify to the CL.
    And also crucial to get to the Italian championship final, if Lube keeps playing like that xD

(Sorry for off topic)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…9317_CEV_Champions_League

Final Four
    Organizer: Italy Sir Sicoma Colussi Perugia
    Venue: Italy Rome, Italy

Considering the given info, it's possible that maybe main players didn't go to Belgium (vs. Roeselare) somehow. I don't have enoguh Italian sources for Italian sports media so if you guys know something I will be happy here.

• Final Four
    Organizer: Italy Sir Sicoma Colussi Perugia
    Venue: Italy Rome, Italy

Yes yes I knew, but I understood that they still needed to pass the pool.
    Still, I think they where already qualified after the second win vs Belgorod... Of course the first place or the second won't make any difference for them, except for the glory ;)

So far I hand't read anything on Facebook or volleyball blogs/websites.

Edit: I found on Perugia official website that De Cecco and Atanasjievic stayed at home! So that's your explanation ;)