Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• Lube doesn't really need to win (unlike Modena, because a loss could even means the fourth place), and that could change the equilibrium.
    Beside that, I still think they will both play to win, because it's a possible 'play off' test. And because it always feels good to beat a strong opponents ;)

• Lube doesn't really need to win (unlike Modena, because a loss could even means the fourth place), and that could change the equilibrium.
    Beside that, I still think they will both play to win, because it's a possible 'play off' test. And because it always feels good to beat a strong opponents ;)

Lube has 2 losses whole regular season; against Modena and Trentino. I think Lube would really want to win vs Modena.

• Lube has 2 losses whole regular season; against Modena and Trentino. I think Lube would really want to win vs Modena.

Sounds risky when they are in a good position heading to the playoffs for both the italian league and the champions league

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Lube is playing with all the titulars and so far seems concentrate and willing to win. 25-20 for Lube in the first set.
    A lot of serve mistakes (7 Lube, 6 Modena) and for Modena also 5 attack errors (not including the block received).

• So it seems Travica would be back to the italian league. It isnt still clear if he would go to Modena or Verona. Probably Modena. It is a pity for Orduna, at last he was the chosen as the "guilty" of Modena down.

• Verona? Why should he go to Verona? O.o

As I wrote in the transfer topic, Travica now is in Modena training with a serie B team (apparently where also Sartoretti's son plays...)

Both Volleyball.it and Dal15al25 suggested he will go to Modena, but it's not sure yet. Also because they can only take one new player and they would prefer an OH (so far they haven't found the right one, though).

The 5 points difference between Lube and Modena doesn't speak enough of how lost Modena seems now, imho... :(
    [I'm not cheering for neither of the team in particular, but I find sad to see Modena like this...]

Lube 19th point of the second set was a really nice rally, also by Modena.
    Le Roux completely fall for Grebennikov feigning to set to Sokolov and then setting to Osmany xD

Poor Orduna, even the referee makes his life though...

• Dear Blengini stop this; 'we're not playing against Ngapeth, we're playing against Modena' thing. What are you trying to do? It's not like Lube players are trying to go after Ngapeth, they are just playing their ball.
    And I find it humiliating for Lube players

• Lube won 3-1, so now the situation is:

- Modena and Verona 50 points: if they do the same amount of points, Modena will stay 4th for sure; otherwise, the team that will make more points will grab the 4th place.
    Modena will play vs Piacenza (sixth place secured), Verona vs Perugia.

- Trento and Perugia 59 points for the second place.
    Trento will play vs Monza, Perugia vs Verona.

- Monza 34, Ravenna 32, Vibo 29 for the 7th-8th place, with the direct match Ravenna-Vibo

So, 5 'matches of interested' for the play off, with one direct match.

• As a football and snooker fan, I didn't watch uefa league or snooker champions league, I watched Lube vs Modena.

It was so satisfying and fun as a newbie Lube fan. I can't wait playoffs.

• It's official, Travica in Modena from tomorrow.

Rossini at the end of the match said that they did better than vs Trento and that after all they are the 'big team' that gave Lube more fight in order to won the match.
    Or he got drunk after is last exam :P (congrats Totò!!!!!), or we've seen a different match ^^'

• Can't Modena get Facundo Conte?

Travica isn't a terrible choice but I prefer Orduna's playmaking.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I said it before and I will say it again, Modena is really weak in the Middle. Neither of them are any dominant at all. Just to have a idea. Holt only ranks at 15th with 42 blocks and LeRoux in 18th with 41. (Holt played 93 sets, while LeRoux played only 73). Piano 39th with 24.

11 teams has at least 1 blocker ahead of them. Sokolov is number 1 with 57 blocks. ( and he is not even a MB, this shows what amazing season he`s having).

• Can't Modena get Facundo Conte?

Travica isn't a terrible choice but I prefer Orduna's playmaking.

We tried to hire one of among him and Sander, but this Chinese season is going to finish too late

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• We tried to hire one of among him and Sander, but this Chinese season is going to finish too late

Maybe your team should've tried some chinese players or russian players needing experience. I think those players are probay a step up from Cook.

Btw whay happen to him?

#FreeBritney

• IMHO the weakest link of Modena is Ngapeth. He's visibly out of shape and aging fast. I also think Holt made a terrible mistake in renewing his contract so early and for such a long time.

Why? This is a bad season, we all hope we are going to do better next years

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Why? This is a bad season, we all hope we are going to do better next years

He could have chosen a better team, period. Of course quality of life is another key factor, he's obviously enthusiastic about his new life in Italy so bless him.

Taking back Travica... madness. Another rooster in a very crowded hen house.

Anyway, want to fix Modena? Start getting rid of the Frenchmen- all of them.