Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• We should change our name to Sir Losers Perugia for the next season. 2 massive chokes in the end of the first 2 sets. Atanasijevic is nowhere when you need him. Zaytsev can't pass or score as WS. Bari didn't pass a single good ball to De Cecco. :wall:

• Why is there "a Lanza" logo on Trento`s jersey. Is Lanza is a company? what kind?

edit: Voww what 2 amazing spikes from Atanasjevic in the end.

Uff, second set 19-18 for Trento, Mitic went to serve, then perfect pass by Lanza and point in attack by Stokr... but he crossed the 3 meters line so 19-19. And then Trento half collapsed and Perugia went 23-19! C'mon guys!!!! Not like that!!

Edit: now 22-23 for Perugia with Giannelli serving (one side out, half point in serve, one mistake by Ata). go go go!! :box:

• Russel played in the first game and they lost, he only scored 9 points. And last game he did not play and Perugia won. Berger scored 11 and today 7. Is the same thing basically.

Zaytsev is just not himself playing as OH, he`s just out of his element.
    I dont think Zaytsev should play as OH again next season...

Atanajevic had a great match again...

Perugia played well, Trentino played great and outplayed them.

Plus Gianelli is still better than Dececco and he makes a big diffrence.

Perugia is clearly missing Russell. Zaytsev is making too many mistakes, they need a third scoring option

• Lol Perugia clearly needs Russell. haha

Do you really think that it's not Russell who's making the middles find more spaces to kill balls?

Do you know who De Cecco sets to when reception is bad?

Do you really believe that it's not Russell the opponents are not fearing?

Heck what happen to the variety of perugia when Aaron was gone?

The consistency of th pipe attacks were lost thanks to him being injured.

The fact you called him unimportant to perugia is laughable.

Every coach would want a player like Russell that could split the block. Now that he's gone... The middles lost their usual production. De Cecco forced to set the ball to their worst wing hitters. It's just not easy anymore for Perugia. They have to work like a team and not rely on Aaron when things are not going well for them. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Yes!!! I'm so happy Trento won! They always stayed in the game (may be with a little help by the referee in the end of the 4th set) and never gave up, a thing that unfortunately they don't do as well when not playing at home (Lanza in particular, imho). Crossing my finger for the next match (in a court where Trento doesn't won since 2014 or something like that, if I'm not wrong!)

In general I liked the match (even if I still have to watch the first set, I will in a few minutes) because it was tense and with an open result all the time, but I must admit there were more than one unlike-serie-A situation, especially in Trento's court (like a player being in the way of the setter).
    Congrats to Bata for his tips: I think that Trento made all of them fall :white: Lorenzetti was furious about it!

The most incredible action of the match for me was a double foot digs made by Trento followed a third save by Giannelli that landed right on the line in Perugia's court while the player thought it was going out... Unfortunately Giannelli's touch was fault :(

Why is there "a Lanza" logo on Trento`s jersey. Is Lanza is a company? what kind?

edit: Voww what 2 amazing spikes from Atanasjevic in the end.

I also noticed that 'Lanza' sponsor (few months ago): I found out it's a company from Verona (and is Verona sponsor too), so I guess – since Lanza it's from Verona – it's a family business of Pippo's family. But I don't think he is directly in it, he has an 'agriturismo' in Tuscany, as far as I know.

I didn't understand the meaning of your edit referred to my comment: I wasn't bashing Bata, I was just reporting these three points to state that yes, Giannelli was serving, but it's not that he did 3 aces in a row.

A curiosity: the two matches ended practically together even if Lube-Modena lasted a set more, and both matches were closed – when the opponents had 3 match points – by a serve error by the two opposites of the Italian NT (at least in the OG): Zaytesev and Vettori.

• Giannelli's dump balls are legendary. :white:

So hard to read. Those kind of simple things just killed Perugia. Simple things maybe they are but so crucial which creates mistakes cause they couldn't terminate the ball right away. ;(

Honestly, De Cecco was too nervous and predictable with his distribution. I guess that's what happens when you do not have a left side attacker that can terminate or be the focus of blockers. :whistle:

Giannelli on the other hand was just giving points to everybody like it's still christmas. Great Job. I'm such a fan :drink:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I forgot to say that today Stokr did two 3-meters line fault again! Its' like 5-6 times in 3 matches O.o

I'm guessing this is Stokr's last season as a Trentino player?

I'm just hoping the Vettori rumour isn't true cause I'm shipping him with Max Holt. :heart:

#FreeBritney

• I think Stokr needs to go, he's definitely the weak link in the team for me this season. And it's weird for me to saying this since I had high hopes for him coming back. But yeah, Trento needs a new OPP and imo that's not Nelli.

• I don't know about Stokr, but I guess so...

Ps: I ship Vettori first with me and then with Piano xD

I'm sure Trento can find better or cheaper alternatives. I still cannot believe you did not go with Drazen Luburic when VLeague ended before the transfer deadline though.

Trento is scary next season by the way. Just need reinforcement that are consistent especially in the wings. Attackers could be more efficient.

OT: I ship Matteo with the bench. Just kidding. :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• Samuele Papi and Hristo Zlatanov say good bye to this sport

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter