Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• Samuele Papi and Hristo Zlatanov say good bye to this sport

Wonder if there are players in the pipeline for Piacenza. They could lose 4 players potentially in the next season if the rumour about Hierrezuelo is true.
    Not to mention other players moving out of the team for greener pastures.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• In the 2nd game Stork was great - lead his team with 16 points, all in attack 62% 16/26.

3rd game he had 12 points, 11 attacks 50% 11/22, but Lanza and Urnaut got more balls than him.

I think he`s just struggling a little with consistency after playing in South Korea.

Grozer will be back in the German NT, but after playing in South Korea and China, I don`t think he will be able to help much.

• If German Head Coach is calling him out again then there's probably a problem in the german opposite development.

Germany is a very young team. They probably need some of his experience so maybe they can learn from him. I really don't know what they will do about him or if he gets a main role in the NT but they probably need him to get Germany out of World League Group 3 hole. That's top priority imo.

I'm pretty sure Stokr wanted to move out to a weaker league but Trentino still kept him probably for Nelli.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Giani is the new German Coach. Sounds like Giani really asked Grozer to come back.

If German Head Coach is calling him out again then there's probably a problem in the german opposite development.

Germany is a very young team. They probably need some of his experience so maybe they can learn from him. I really don't know what they will do about him or if he gets a main role in the NT but they probably need him to get Germany out of World League Group 3 hole. That's top priority imo.

I'm pretty sure Stokr wanted to move out to a weaker league but Trentino still kept him probably for Nelli.

• I just have to say... Perugia is having such long breaks. I know they have friendly matches but I really feel their competitive edge may be at its lowest if this goes on.

#FreeBritney

• yeah, I don't understand why they did the CEV Cup twice in a week (Wednesday-saturday or similar) instead od in the middle of the week leaving the week end free for the national Championship...

• yeah, I don't understand why they did the CEV Cup twice in a week (Wednesday-saturday or similar) instead od in the middle of the week leaving the week end free for the national Championship...

The schedule was definitely chaotic this week. Modena and Lube are basically okay with this since they will just meet with each other for the nth team) :white:

#FreeBritney

• Btw. Is there any better italian libero than Bari that Perugia can buy next season? He was horrendous this season and probably the biggest reason Perugia lost so many matches against the other big 3 plus the big choke from Piacenza.

I still don't understand they didn't give Tosi his chances to start as main libero. Is he injured or something?

#FreeBritney

• The schedule was definitely chaotic this week. Modena and Lube are basically okay with this since they will just meet with each other for the nth team) :white:

Between match 2 and 3 it was even a longer wait (2 weeks!), because the CEV Cup semifinal was organized like the final with two close matches instead of one per week, and we also had the CL in a different week.
    So it was like:
    week end 1 – match 2 of play off
    middle week match – CEV Cup Trento vs Fenerbahce
    week end 2 – CEV Cup Fenerbahce vs Trento
    middle week – CL Play off 6 Modena-Lube
    week end 3 – match 3 of play off
    middle week matches – CEV Cup Trento vs Tours + CL Play off 6 Lube-Modena
    week end 4 – CEV Cup Tours vs Trento
    middle week match – match 4 of play off

And I think the eventual matches 5 will be the week end 5, with CL final4 in week end 6

Btw. Is there any better italian libero than Bari that Perugia can buy next season? He was horrendous this season and probably the biggest reason Perugia lost so many matches against the other big 3 plus the big choke from Piacenza.

I still don't understand they didn't give Tosi his chances to start as main libero. Is he injured or something?

Tosi is playing in defense since the beginning of the season. Sometimes he also received, but evidently Bernardi doesn't trust him more than Bari in that compartment.

For the next year Pesaresi will probably be Perugia choice, but it's still a question mark whether Grebennikov will stay or not in Lube (and if he won't I imagine Lube will keep Pesaresi...)

• Is Pesaresi good?

I guess Lube will take Jenia as he passes the balls better and he has other talents too.

I'm just thinking maybe Italy Federation should be more loose with the foreign liberos. Those rules are just unneccessary and probably helps italian liberos to feel safe of their positions cause they have no competition.

#FreeBritney

• Btw. Is there any better italian libero than Bari that Perugia can buy next season? He was horrendous this season and probably the biggest reason Perugia lost so many matches against the other big 3 plus the big choke from Piacenza.

My thoughts exactly. He's been horrendous for at least 3 years.

• Yeah, Pesaresi is quite good. Definitely better than both Bari and Tosi, imho. Other good liberos are De Pandis (Piacenza is interested), who is one of the better receiver of the Superlega, and Marra, who has problem with float serve but is a great digger.
    Edit: and Balaso, probably the future of the NT. But this year I haven't watch him many times, so I can't add more... Theoretically he has other 2 year of contract with Padova, for te record. Imho Perugia was stupid not to bet on him last year.

I guess Lube will take Jenia as he passes the balls better and he has other talents too.

In my opinion they should keep Jenia (and I say that also being selfish: I want him in Italy!!), because he really makes the difference and because they already have 3 Italians perfectly capable to stay in court.
    The only question mark is if Kovar will maintain his form for the whole year, imho. Candellaro did very well and it's not that hard to find a decent third italian MBs among the youngs (if Cester wants to go away). Juantorena doesn't need presentation ;)

The rule for the foreign libero it's not that strict as you believe, though: you just need 3 other Italians and you can have a foreign libero, as it's true for every other role.
    The difference is that if one libero is foreign, also the second one count as foreign, but that it's simply because the change with the libero is free so it would be impossible to properly control the number of foreign in court.

The real problem is that we don't have many good OHs and neither outstanding MBs (and not many opposite either), so it's simple easier to have an Italian libero + 2 other Italians, than a foreign libero + 3 other Italians.
    In a certain way liberos are more easy to find, because they doesn't need the physicality of a spiker or MB.
    unfortunately we don't have so many good Italian liberos as in the female league, though.

• Considering Perugia kept the bulgarian, they might as well use him when Berger doesn't score. He's a waste of space right now and Perugia or De Cecco needs an attacking option he can trust.

I like to to trust Berger but we all know De Cecco can be nervous sometimes and becomes too predictable and if Zaytsev doesn't get hot tomorrow then its probably over for Perugia in game 4.

#FreeBritney

• Is it me or is Zaytsev using the earthquake for the adversitement of Toyota? :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :sos: Kk15
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BS…by=zaytsev_official&hl=tr

I didn't like that either :aww:
    At the beginning I didn't notice the tag so I didn't understand who complained about showing a Toyota (I mean, it's not a crime to take a picture of your car, especially if you said in the post that you travelled to the place of the picture), then I notice the tag... :S

• That is beautiful photo. I love seeing Zaytsev with his son, it shows what a caring father he is. I just love when we get to see the personal side of our players.

Now I will for sure consider Toyota next time I`m buying a car.

I watched Zaytsev at some talk show and in the end he took his shirt off and started to dance. :heart:

• of course not...I`m being real.

If nice to see a giant worldwide company as Toyota has interest in a volleyball player. Imagine how great would be if these manufactures were investing in volleyball?!

and the more exposure a volleyball player gets from any kind of media is great for our sport. And Zaytsev is all over, magazines, talk shows, social media etc.... the more exposure they get the better is for volleyball.

:lol: :lol: I hope this is a ironic post

• I think you didn't understand what I'm trying to say. This isn't a simple photo or a photo about Zaytsev's love for his son , in his message he wrote something about the earthquake that hit the region (as you can see there is a destroyed house behind) but in reality he is just advertising Toyota.
    Imagine Beckham taking a photo in front of Westminster Bridge with his daughter in honor of London victims ( last months terrorist attack) but advertising let's say Porsche .
    It is not he can't advertise Toyota ,it is simply not the right message to advertise something .As you understand this photo is more about Zaytsev's son and his car but the message is totally different This is disrespectful to earthquake victims.