Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• I said a long time ago Modena`s problem is in the middle ( u guys can go back and look my past posts just to see I`m not lying and just saying this now). All 3 LeRoux,Holt and Piano have been really weak and not reliable enough. Lucas last season scored more 20 points some games....LeRoux,Holt,Piano combined scores 10 points per match average.

In this match for example, Orduna did not use the MB much because setting for them is a waste of time, they never get the job done, and it has been like this all season, When Orduna does not use the MB as much is when Modena plays better. But of course you can`t if your MB`s just stand there and does not help.. No wondering why LeRroux might play in Korea next season.... :obey: .

I can't really judge how far Modena's MBs disappointed this year. Probably Modena's management hoped for more contribution/better performances too.

But generally i think, it is a bit unfair to compare them to the Lucas/Bruno combination. This duo is really unique in the world of Volleyball as they are used to play together since youth level. Establishing a Setter/MB understanding which comes close to this takes time and/or very highest individual class (e.g. William/Simon).

• First of all, congrats to Lube for being the first finalist of the Italian Championship!
    I haven't watched the match yet, but I read that with the exception of the first set Modena tried its best, and they lose because Lube played even better.
    So, good job to both teams for pushing it at their best!

Congrats to Perugia, tonight they played really well and Atanasijevic was unstoppable. Trento didn't play badly, they were near and every set was tight, but they lacke something in the end, especially they never stop Ata.

I agree. I couldn't watch that match either and when I saw the result I was really sad, but then I watched the match and honestly my mood improved, since they fought a lot, even if they couldn't do their best at the end of the sets (especially the second: 4 of the last 5 points by Perugia were Trento mistakes, 2 in attack and 2 in serve; the other was an amazing ace by Ata; in the other sets there was more equilibrium between Trento demerits and Perugia merits).

Now the pressure is on Trento unfortunately: I'm scared that this 'you've never lost at home' things can totally revolts again us :(

In this match for example, Orduna did not use the MB much because setting for them is a waste of time,

About Modena MBs, I agree that this year they underperformed overall (for me Le Roux was a real disappointment), but for the problem in attack I wouldn't give to them all the fault, to be honest. It may be true that they didn't help Orduna very much, but it's also true Orduna didn't help them so much, imho.
    Hopefully bruno will be back and we will be able to judge Holt+Bruno ;)

• Did anyone watch the match between Perugia and Trento? It looks a clear victory...

I couldn't watch that match either and when I saw the result I was really sad, but then I watched the match and honestly my mood improved, since they fought a lot, even if they couldn't do their best at the end of the sets (especially the second: 4 of the last 5 points by Perugia were Trento mistakes, 2 in attack and 2 in serve; the other was an amazing ace by Ata; in the other sets there was more equilibrium between Trento demerits and Perugia merits).

Honestly I'm not sure if your question was ironic or not: in case it wasn't, it looked as a clear victory (I thought the same looking at the result before watching the match) but after all it wasn't: the teams always arrive almost even at around 20 points, then Perugia did something more and/or Trento something less.

Overall, though, my impression is that Perugia played better (the second especially), serving better (especially with Ata) and solving several difficult sets (more than Trento, at least).

• For me alle the matches of this semifinal weren't clear victory or losses, almost all the sets were decided only after 20.
    This time it was clearer than the others, yes, but still not that clear as the result itself tells.
    And I'm not the only one to say that, listen to Lorenzetti.

PS: trust me, I usually do a BIIIIIIG effort to find good things in a loss, while this time it wasn't that hard (may be because I saw the result first, I don't know). I mean, it's not that I'm partial: for me as Trento fans it would be easier to think/pretend/complain that Trento played ugly and Perugia very well (as happened in the RS at PalaEvangelisti, for example). Instead I have to admit that we lost even playing not badly.

• I would rather say that "if Urnaut and especially Lanza play like that", it will be very hard for Trentino to win again ;)

I must admit you were right and I was wrong, rdfabio! It wasn't Lanza best match, that for sure, but it was way better than the previous in Perugia.

No Russell means Perugia on Atanasijevic's shoulders. He's not a player who can bring a team to a victory, so game over for us.

And you must admit you weren't right :rolll:
    Obviously I hope you're right and he'll choke in the last match :P

• Yes, you won yesterday match :rolll: You didn't specify you meant a trophy victory ;)
    And it was as important as a match-5 of the final, because it was an in or out match :box: In case, even more important!

I specify that I'm a fan of Russell (at least in attack), that I loved him in last year play off, and that I don't think that Ata is God.
    On the contrary, actually: I generally agree with you that so far he often lacked in the most crucial moment.
    Saturday it will be another crucial match where he HAS to play well and to prove us wrong, but for yesterday we need to be objective and to 'give to Cesar what belong to Cesar'.

So, yes, yesterday he was amazing and lead the team to the victory, and no, Perugia didn't lose all the match 3-0 only because Russell wasn't there as you predicted.

• This afternoon at 6.00 pm match 5 between Trento and Perugia to decide the second finalist!!
    I'm honestly really scared... Usually I'm able to be kinda optimist (even when we're not the favorite), but this time I must admit I'm struggling ^^'

But may be you will all watch the women CL xD

• Is there any links to watch it for free? And in how much time the match is going to start from now? I presume it's in one hour?!
    Thanks a lot!!!

• An hour from now on Rai Sport. I will watch CL waiting for the the match. ^^

Thanks! I haven't been able to watch Rai Sport lately, even with Hola unblock, but I'll try again today :win:

• Zyatsev can't kill a ball from pos. 4. Atanasijevic choking all along.
    Please end this nightmare season as soon as possible. I rather go out with a 3-0 defeat than a 5 setter. :S

• Thanks! I haven't been able to watch Rai Sport lately, even with Hola unblock, but I'll try again today :win:

http://live.robinwidget.org/st…a-live-stream-194212.html

You can watch here if you don't get access to RAI.

• Bad timing for Perugia. Stokr decided to wake up for this match. :what:

Our left side attackers. Bari. Atanasijevic only able to hit low fast sets. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• http://live.robinwidget.org/st…a-live-stream-194212.html

You can watch here if you don't get access to RAI.

Just go to volleyball passion channel in youtube. Pretty good quality livestream imo. :rose:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Thanks, guys. Youtube is working fine!! :win: :win: