Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• Russel played the first game and Perugia lost remember?? If Russel made that difference, Perugia would have won that game and they would have been in the final....
    Because Perugia won the 2nd and 4th game...which means if Perugia had won the game when Russell played ...Perugia would have won the series in 3-1

btw.. I find Rains of Castamare and Shame`s post very similar... I have smelled something very fish for a while....I think rains of castamere and Shame are the same person.

either way I dont care...I already have Shame added to my "blocked" users list....and I`m adding rains of castamere just in case is Shame.... :rose:

Is there any possibility thay Aaron could play in the final four of Champions League? God I could already see them getting blown up by JuantoLova already. :call:

• Russel played the first game and Perugia lost remember?? If Russel made that difference, Perugia would have won that game and they would have been in the final....
    Because Perugia won the 2nd and 4th game...which means if Perugia had won the game when Russell played ...Perugia would have won the series in 3-1

btw.. I find Rains of Castamare and Shame`s post very similar... I have smelled something very fish for a while....I think rains of castamere and Shame are the same person.

either way I dont care...I already have Shame added to my "blocked" users list....and I`m adding rains of castamere just in case is Shame.... :rose:

It's just both teams could only win when they are playing at home and Trentino had the advantage of playing 3 home games because they finished higher than Perugia in the regular season... it's not that deep...

And all of your posts are anti-american players.. what else do you even post here smh...

• Honey....if u really read my posts..Ive said before... I dont have anything against Russell...the problem is that Shame comes here all the time to bash Atanasejevic....so I go off on Russelll on purpose only because Shame does the same thing with ATA.... if he can do it? WHy I cant??

And I can post whatever I want right??? Dont like my posts? Just add me to your Ignored Users....I have a bunch of people on my list...and u r going on that list right now

It's just both teams could only win when they are playing at home and Trentino had the advantage of playing 3 home games because they finished higher than Perugia in the regular season... it's not that deep...

And all of your posts are anti-american players.. what else do you even post here smh...

• :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

Not saying Aaron is the answer but he would've helped massively in their predictable offense.

:rolll:

It's not really my problem if you couldn't see the importance of Aaron like splitting the block as he is available to attack. Being the decoy with the pipe or bic and a player you can trust to break the triple block. sorry if you are stanning so hard for Aleksandr. Even I know some fans of his who knows his limitations. Opposite hitters who prefer faster sets just can never be trusted during pressure packed moments. That's how it is in this world unless you're Wallace from Brazil. :drink:

Btw. I disagreed with SHAME some times. Guess I just disagreed with myself. :cup:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Honey....if u really read my posts..Ive said before... I dont have anything against Russell...the problem is that Shame comes here all the time to bash Atanasejevic....so I go off on Russelll on purpose only because Shame does the same thing with ATA.... if he can do the same thing? WHy I cant??

And I can post whatever I want right??? Dont like my posts? Just add me to your Ignored Users....I have a bunch of people on my list...and u r going on that list right now

If you really don't have a problem with him, then maybe... stop mentioning him? :gone: If other people are bashing Atanasijević, then maybe.... you can defend him without trashing Russell?? :gone:

• If you really don't have a problem with him, then maybe... stop mentioning him? :gone: If other people are bashing Atanasijević, then maybe.... you can defend him without trashing Russell?? :gone:

Wasn't he the person who said Aaron is unneeded and that Perugia can enter the finals without him? :gone:

Honestly, there's a limit to a delusion but saying Berger is better than a healthy Aaron was what broke the camel's back. :rolll:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Stats about the number of seats in Italian halls of men and women Serie A1, and the % of people going there for regular season or play off

Article of last Friday (14/04/17)
    The lists are in order from the older hall to the newest.

Women Serie A1
    Team - number of seats - % of people during the RS - % of people during the play offs (if there is nothing the team didn't play the PO - Club Italia, Montichiari - or hadn't already started the home matches when the article was published - Bergamo, Pomì, Conegliano, Novara)
    Bergamo – 2250 – 79% RS
    Scandicci – 1215 – 77,4% - 75%
    Pomì - 3519 – 91,9%
    Conegliano - 5124 - 88,3%
    #Modena (women) - 5000 - 36,7% - 43,4%
    Firenze - 6500 - 20,5% - 21,5%
    Bolzano - 3000 - 24% - 28,3%
    Montichiari – 4200 – 38,8%
    *Busto - 4490 - 69,6% - 65,2%
    *Club Italia [Busto] - 4490 - 35,4%
    +Monza (women) - 4000 - 53,3% - 41,6%
    Novara - 5000 - 62,5%

Men Superlega
    Team - number of seats - % of people during RS - % of people during play off (if there is nothing the team didn't play the PO or hadn't already started the home matches when the article was written)
    Latina – 2000 – 62,5% – 47,4%
    Padova – 3845 – 70,2 - 28,6
    Perugia - 5300 - 67,8% - 72,2% [I'm not that sure is 5300...]
    #Modena (men) – 5000 – 84% - 93%
    Verona - 5200 - 61,9% - 54,4%
    Ravenna - 3320 - 63,8% - 34,9%
    *Milano [Busto] - 49,4% - 25,3%
    Trento - 4000 - 85,3% - 95,4%
    Molfetta - 2200 - 93,5% - 65,7%
    +Monza (men) – 4000 - 66,1% - 53,1%
    Piacenza - 3800 - 74,5% - 46,7%
    Vibo - 2050 - 46% - 48,5%
    Sora - 2000 - 95,8% - 58,2%
    Lube - 4000 - 82,3% - 100%

I would love to know Piacenza (women) numbers from last year to compare with the men.

• I mean I don't hate Aleks. He actually reminds me of Sheilla who is my goddess. Both are cerebral players. But in men's volleyball being smart is not enough. You need power. In female volleyball, you can get away with being smart. Opposites need to be decisive and Aleks is not the person you want the ball during garbage time. He's more in system than most opposites. Give him a high ball and you're probably tossed. I still like him though just not in the crucial moments.

#FreeBritney

• I mean I don't hate Aleks. He actually reminds me of Sheilla who is my goddess. Both are cerebral players. But in men's volleyball being smart is not enough. You need power. In female volleyball, you can get away with being smart. Opposites need to be decisive and Aleks is not the person you want the ball during garbage time. He's more in system than most opposites. Give him a high ball and you're probably tossed. I still like him though just not in the crucial moments.

I completely disagree. I don't mean to be rude, believe me, but he proved he can spike garbage, trash, call it whatever you want many times. When high sets come from behind he does amazing jobs killing the ball in the last inch of the court with the cross. Trust me when I say it. He is simply amazing, but whatever it's time to kill a crucial point and the match he's the last person in the world I would set to. I'm not his hater. He's just so unlucky to play the team I support and I want way more from my opposite. Yes, inside the system he's unstoppable, but he does good job even outside; the biggest problem is that he chokes when it matters the most for the team. He never improved this mental weaknees and after 3 seasons I'm just hopeless for him. Just the same way I'm hopeless with De Cecco, who's the other one who completely lucks of winning mentality IMHO and unfortunately he's going to stay with us. I'd rather change most of the team. Russell, Buti, Podrascanin, Berger, Tosi and Mitic are the ones I'd like staying with us. First of all we need a consistent libero. I have no idea how Tosi looks like on the long run, but the few times he was asked to pass he wasn't worse than Bari, who was the worst libero I saw in Perugia (and I wasn't fan of Giovi, just saying), but the position is a big problem. You can realize it the moment you see Zaytsev (opposite, I refuse to call him wing spiker, he isn't) covering his libero. Then we need a consistent wing spiker to play beside Russell. I'm more than fine with Zaytsev playing in his natural position, as you can see he's useless with setting coming from far, which is something very common for most of the opposites. I was hopeless for this season right after I saw we still had Atanasijevic as opposite and we hired Bari. Once again I was right. Next week end this horrible season will be over luckly. It was a nightmare all along and I chosed to miss so many matches, if I didn't it would have been even worse and more painful.

• ut he proved he can spike garbage, trash, call it whatever you want many times. When high sets come from behind he does amazing jobs killing the ball in the last inch of the court with the cross.

About that I totally agree.

He is simply amazing, but whatever it's time to kill a crucial point and the match he's the last person in the world I would set to.

About that I'm not so 'black and white', but overall I agree too.

About his and De Cecco lack of winning mentality (which at this point I must agree), I think it's difficult to say if that's the consequences of not winning or the cause of it.
    I mean, winning help to win, while losing again and again (even if many of Perugia losses before this year came when they weren't the favorite, in case the surprise) can definitely undermine your confidence.

About Perugia, their season isn't over yet but so far it was a disappointing season overall, even more than Modena: losing the tie break of the Supercuo being 8-3 haed, not being at the Italian Cup Final4, grabbing 'only' the third place in RS (losing 5 of the 6 'big matches'), not grabbing the final not playing during match 5...
    It really reminds me of Lube last year, at that is what I doubt the most at the beginning of the year: the fact that the team was full of stars but unbalanced, not well built.
    I must say that during the RS (from Bernardi) I thought they were playing quite well, but yesterday match kinda erases all the good they did during the season :(

• Today match 1 of the final! It's in Civitanova, 6.00 pm on Raisport HD!

A bit of 'history': Trento has never won in Civitanova hall 'Eurosuole forum' (they played there 3 times) and they haven't won at Lube home (Macerata/Civitanova) since 2013.

Civitanova is at its 4th Scudetto final: they won all the three final before it (so, they've never lost a Scudetto final, unique things in Italy for who played more than 1 final). They played and won vs Treviso, Trento (single match called 'V-day') and Perugia.

Trento is at its 8th Scudetto final: they won 4 of them (and lost 3). They played 3 V-day (and lost 2, vs Cuneo and Macerata) and 4 series (and lost one, vs Piacenza trained by Lorenzetti). This is the first final with a coach that isn't Stoytchev, and the first time that in a serie they don't have the home advantage.

Lorenzetti is at his 7th Scudetto final (third in a row). He won 3 final, with Modena (twice) and Piacenza, and lost 3 as well (two vs Trento, one vs Treviso).
    Before this year with Trento, he only played the finals with Piacenza (twice) and Modena (4 times).

In the last 10 years of the Italian Championship, only last year neither Trento or Lube were in the final. This is the second Scudetto final between these two teams, the first in a serie.

• Civitanova absolutely outplayed Trento :(
    Wonderful Lube and awful Trento for most of the time...
    I honestly didn't expect Trento to play that poorly. I believed it was gonna be a fought match :(

• Lube-Trentino 3-0. There's not too much to say. Lube outplayed Trentino everywhere. Christenson was by far my favourite player tonight, but still everybody was amazing by his side. Pretty hard to save something for Trentino, maybe just Mazzone and the second libero. I expected a clear victory, but this was just too much. :white:

Let's see what happens in Trento, but this Lube looks unstoppable IMHO and we have to play them in CL. :sos:

• There's nothing to say. Civitanova is just too strong. It didn't look at all a Final. It was embarrassing.

To me, the real final was the semi between Civitanova and Modena. (both teams are stronger than Trento or Perugia)

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• There's nothing to say. Civitanova is just too strong. It didn't look at all a Final. It was embarrassing.

To me, the real final was the semi between Civitanova and Modena. (both teams are stronger than Trento or Perugia)

I agree. I didn't write it earlier because it was too much for the poor Kk15: his team just lost in a very bad way. :S

• Pretty hard to save something for Trentino, maybe just Mazzone and the second libero.

I would have say may be Nello and Chiappa (the second libero), so we're almost in the same page.

I agree. I didn't write it earlier because it was too much for the poor Kk15: his team just lost in a very bad way. :S

I partially agree and partially don't: I actually thought before the beginning of the semi that if a team could have made Lube struggle in a serie, that team was probably Modena (and before match 4 I really thought Modena could bring it to match 5, and after all it ended only 3-2).

Still, I thought that because of Modena characteristic itself, and not because I think Modena is (was) stronger than Trento (I thought that at the beginning of the season and for a long while and I still think Modena is stronger 'on the paper' and potentially, but after all the court – so, the only things that truly matters – proved it's not true o at least not that clear. Same about Perugia and Trento).

Unfortunately the court also says that since Lube is playing with Kovar and Grebennikov, Trento was always outplayed by Lube (once with not that many demerits of Trento, in the Italian Cup final, the others two time also with a lot of demerits by Trento plus an amazing match of Lube).
    I don't think it's a coincidence that Lube sometimes underperformed vs Modena but always played amazingly vs Trento :(

Overall, I can stand the defeat (Trento for me has already did more than they were supposed too and Lube is really, really strong), but it's hard to digest such an awful performance :S

• Pre-Russell injury Perugia may have stood a chance against Civitanova.

But going to the CL final four without him... Maybe luck and home advantage could be on their side and if Zaytsev gets hot. It's still a do or die match so anything can happen.

Maybe for Trentino as well. They could get some benefits with Lube playing CL. Lorenzetti could get some scouting going on for them and learn a trick or two from Lube's opponents.

Still a healthy Civitanova is stronger than any italian team. I could see them matching well against Zenit Kazan and take the european crown from the russians. I doubt Perugia could get it even if they get lucky with Lube so Lube is the best chance Italy has to take the CL trophy.

I just hope Trento makes this a series for them. Even Perugia-Modena last season was a better finale than this year's at the rate it's going. It's not good to be blown out. They need to fight it out.

#FreeBritney

• home advantage

Actually in the semi I don't think they will have a real home advantage, since they're not in Perugia and they're playing vs another Italian team. They will have their fans, but also Lube will. May be the crowd will be more for Perugia (aka Zaytsev), but don't imagine 10.000 people cheering for Perugia no stop... Also because I don't think it will be that full :(
    They can hope for it in the Sunday match vs the foreign team.

I agree with you, btw: I would never bet on Perugia, but in a single match you really never know.
    I still hope it will be a nice, fought match. Or I wasted my money xD

I also hope the final will get more interesting: putting aside the fact I cheer for Trento, for the sake of volleyball it would be awful to have three match like this :white:
    Obviously I don't think Civitanova would mind, but I always believed that the fought matches/series are the most beautiful to win anyway.
    So, Civitanova, trust me, it's better to win in 5 matches, I say it for your own good :P

Now that I think of it, this match reminds me the V-day Trento vs Cuneo in 2011: Trento won 3-0 with partial like 12 and 9. And I was there and I was cheering for Cuneo back then, for the record xD Guess how happy I was :lol: (but I didn't support Cuneo as much as I support Trento now, plus my cupcake Parodi was broken ;( )