Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• My brain is already in holidays. I'm very well prepared to lose 3-0 to Lube the same way Trentito lost today. :D

Without Russell we're just hopeless. We haven't any scoring outside hitter. The fact Zaytsev's passing is better than his spiking talks for itself, his efficiency tends to 0. :wacko:

• As a Trentino fan for a long time I never saw weaker Trento squad reaching finals. Yday's match pathetic, tragic, don't know how to express my disappointment with their display. Lanza and Urnaut were shaky on reception, Štokr invisible, as well as MB's, Gianelli had really poor and predictable sets (partly due reception). Lube played monster match in all elements, service was brilliant, as well as blocking. Tseso unstoppable but for me MVP was Christenson :obey: He is already fantastic setter, dunno what qualities he can reach in experience but IMO he might become one of the best setters ever. He has great block and serve, positioning and feeling for "gameplay" are astonishing...

To sum all, I don't see how Trento can endanger them in series... :(

• Thomas Jaeschke to play for Blu Volley Verona next season. That probably means Taylor won't go back to Verona unless Uros leaves.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• First set of the second match of the final to Lube 33-31 :white:
    Unfortunately the set ended with a bad mistake of Urnaut, but I must admit that the last 3-4 match point of Lube were canceled by Lube itself with several serve errors in a row. Juantorena and Grebennikov on fire!

-------

Trento keeps serving on Grebennikov 8| (which makes receiving appear as the easiest thing on the world :P)
    despite that, Trento managed to grab the second set 25-22 (or 23, I don't recall) ^^ . The set was really close.

Ps I think Stankovic is around 100% in attack, and he attacked a lot :white:

--------

Oh fly! Lube was ahed of 4 points for all the middle part of the match, then Trento managed to come back around 20 (20-22, then 22-22) and even get a set point 24-23 (ace of Antonov, plus amazing block of Giannelli on Juantorena after a reception on the other court of Colaci, then ace VdV in for the serve), but eventually Lube came back again and won 26-24 with not precise receptions on Candellaro serve ;( ;(

Damn, that was a HUGE opportunities!

Ps Antonov in for Urnaut during the third set, and still in in the 4th

Pps Lube is digging a LOT!

• The gap between the wing spikers of Civitanova and Trento is just too big, really. They are playing really well but then it's all thanks to Giannelli making the right choices so far.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• That dig from Giannelli. :obey: And I have to mention that offspeed hit from Oleg. :gone: Lube just slept on the floor. What a campfire. lol :dance6:

#FreeBritney

• OMG!!!!

Again Lube ahed 4 point in the middle of the set, Trento evened it at 21 or something like that, then Lube was 24-21 (with a bad error by Trento)... And Trento won 30-28!!!! Thanks again to Lube for the 3 serve errors in a row that kept giving set points to Trento, but this time Trento also did AMAZING stuffs!

• Now thats what i call a comeback. From 21:24 to win the set :white:

Everythink ok with you KK15 ? 8) :drink:

• Trentino making too many erroneous actions in the fifth set. :white:

#FreeBritney

• Everythink ok with you KK15 ?

Not so much, now that Sokolov (plus Trento errors) is killing us :(
    I can't believe he scored with a float serve :( (that one was Trento mistake imho because it wasn't impossible to receive, then congrats to him for the amazing jump serves that followed).

May be Urnaut should have be put in for Antonov that suffered a lot on reception...

-------

Lube won ;(
    Congrats to them, but I must admit I was really hoping for a victory after the amazing came back in the 4th set... This fought match should have ended with a more fought tie break :(

That's was really a pity for me, not just for Trento but for all the fans of volleyball (except Lube :P): the final serie would have been more interesting if it was 1-1 instead of 2-0 for Lube... Obviously nothing is impossible as always in volleyball, but like this it will be definitely tougher for Trento, 'cause we all now Lube is stronger.

First defeat at home, btw.

Not considering the tie break that was a different game in the game, Trento could have played better in certain moments but I have to say I'm still proud of the spirit they put in the match, coming back several times after being 4-3 point behind (also in the beginning of the tie break, actually) and losing the first and third set only on advantages. The 3rd set is probably the biggest regret, because Trento grabbed it at the very end and was 24-23, but took 3 points in a row. Usually the ends of the sets are the moments they played better in Palatrento.

• Now thats what i call a comeback. From 21:24 to win the set :white:

It should have been 25-21 since Stokr made a foot fault while he was hitting the ball from the back row.

SOKOLOV was simply amazing. :obey:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• It should have been 25-21 since Stokr made a foot fault while he was hitting the ball from the back row.

At the beginning I thought that too (also because it wouldn't be his first time in these play offs..), but in a second view from a different camera I wasn't that sure anymore...
    Anyway, I don't understand why they can't put the video check also for the three meters line and central line faults (considering it does exist for the service line).

• I watched match and almost broke remote control :mad: Lube was ready to lose but Trentino's terrible efficiency gave them 2-0 in series :aww: Sokolov unstoppable, Stanković also and I really liked pipe combinations with Juantorena. IMO this is over, Lube is going to sweep Trento on Sunday but we have to be realistic. This is MAX for this Trentino, team needs to be rebuild

• Am I watched the wrong game? How was Sokolov unstoppable???? Actually he was pretty poor. In the tiebreak , Lanza should have stopped Sokolov's service series. He couldn't hit against single block. I still think this Lube could have beaten Kazan :S I won't forgive them

• I agree that asking to this Trentino much more than this is difficult.

Still, even not considering the tie break, I think that after all Trento was 2-2 vs Lube despite the stronger Lube had its single players doing overall better than Trento singles: if you compare them role per role, may be only Candellaro can lose the paragone, and I'm not even sure about that, since Trento had to change the MB a lot (first Solè, then VdV); for the first 4 sets probably also Sokolov wasn't playing as good as Stokr, but if we count the tie break he did better too. Plus, for me Lube received better, spiked better, digged better and also served better if we don't count the several errors in the advantages of first and fourth set (but in the first set that didn't compromised the victory). [Obviously Lube served better in the tie break but the beginning I said 'even not considering the tie break'].

I got the impression that Trento will spend a little bit more this year, we will se if that will happen and if it will be enough to close the gap. If Vettori will arrive and will play as last year with Lorenzetti, and if Kovacevic will actually come... Well, that may even be enough after all.

For me, this team these two years has almost always done more than pratically everybody was expecting (and more than they were build to), except in the WCCh where they arrived as they were supposed too (third) and in the CEV Cup that they were expected to win.
    But I'm still sad for the CL final lost 13-15 at the tie break, that was so close! :P

Sorry, I wrote to much xD

• Am I watched the wrong game? How was Sokolov unstoppable???? Actually he was pretty poor. In the tiebreak , Lanza should have stopped Sokolov's service series. He couldn't hit against single block. I still think this Lube could have beaten Kazan :S I won't forgive them

I overall agree that Sokolov wasn't unstoppable troughout the whole match (for me until the tie break Stokr was playing better) but I still think he played quite well and that he was unstoppable in the tie break.
    I haven't decide yet if my MVP is Grebennikov, Juantorena or Stankovic.