Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• Am I watched the wrong game? How was Sokolov unstoppable???? Actually he was pretty poor. In the tiebreak , Lanza should have stopped Sokolov's service series. He couldn't hit against single block. I still think this Lube could have beaten Kazan :S I won't forgive them

I know u r looking only through stats but what's invisible is more important. Sokolov scored key points in 1st and 3rd set (semi-short diagonals) and made the difference in tie break. I would always have such OPP, which is solving key balls, with 39% than OPP with 60% who can't pass ball on 25:24 :whistle:

Lube could take a set but nothing more. As many of u noticed Blengini is subbing Kovar in back row with Pesaresi and that's one attacking option less. In such matches small details making the difference :whistle: and I wont mention Leon :win:

• I know u r looking only through stats but what's invisible is more important. Sokolov scored key points in 1st and 3rd set (semi-short diagonals) and made the difference in tie break. I would always have such OPP, which is solving key balls, with 39% than OPP with 60% who can't pass ball on 25:24 :whistle:

Lube could take a set but nothing more. As many of u noticed Blengini is subbing Kovar in back row with Pesaresi and that's one attacking option less. In such matches small details making the difference :whistle: and I wont mention Leon :win:

Me too. Atanasijevic... :gone:

So how about the end of second set?

A mere coincidence :P
    C'mon, after all in the most important moment (the tie break) he practically changed the match. That's has to be worth something ;)

• Today at 4.30 pm on Rai3 match 3 of the final, which could be the last match of the Italian League for this year and the one that crowns Lube as Champion.
    Of course I hope it isn't the case :P (but Civitanova is obviously the favorite).

Some records about match 2 (after the Rally Point System was introduced):
    - it was the longest final match of the Italian Championship: 2h and 37 minutes (the second – 2h and 29min – is match 1 Trento-Modena of 2014-2015, when Trento won 3-2 after losing 2-0. Giannelli started playing as titular in that match).
    It was also the longest match ever of Trentino Volley history, overcoming the fresh record made in the 2017 Italian Cup semifinal.
    - Final match with the highest number of scored points (241)
    - Unique final match with 3 sets ended at the advantages
    - It matched up the highest number of blocks (27) in a final match. Only in match 2 between Treviso and Modena 2002-2003 (3-2) they scored 27 blocks.

Match 3 will be Colaci 345° match, so he will even up with Birarelli record as the Trentino player that played the highest amount of match in the team.
    If Lube will won, it would be their first 'Scudetto' without losing any match (remember they won the all the three finals they joined, so far), while it would be the first finals series without victories for Trento (but they did lost the V-day – single match – vs Cuneo in 2010).

it was the longest final match of the Italian Championship: 2h and 27 minutes (the second – 2h and 29min – is match 1 Trento-Modena of 2014-2015

There is clearly a typo here, what is it? Was the current match longer than you stated, or the old one shorter?

• There is clearly a typo here, what is it? Was the current match longer than you stated, or the old one shorter?

Sorry, 2 hours and 37 minutes!!

What I don't understand is why Trentino continued to serve to Grebennikov :what:

I wondered that too during the match (this was a comment made during the second set)!

Trento keeps serving on Grebennikov (which makes receiving appear as the easiest thing on the world )

• Please can anyone give me a link?