Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• We won again but I'm quite worried. Petric and Le Roux are still far far away from their best shape...

By the way, first ITALIAN interview by Christenson with an excellent accent 8|
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW_2aK2qloY&feature=youtu.be

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Sora with his first win ever (3-0 vs Monza!), Perugia lost another point vs Vibo(and a week ago Vibo's coach was already doubted e a change was on the air if they would have lost vs Milano), Ravenna couldn't make vs Verona what did vs Modena and Perugia, Civitanova leads alone with full points.

I can't make any further comments about these matches because I only watched Latina-Modena (in Latina), which unfortunately wasn't that interesting or thrilled.
    I did felt too that Modena didn't show his best game, but I must say I'm very glad that Piano is playing so who cares about Le Roux :P
    For the record, during the third set he took Vettori place as opposite. And managed to send out a ball with ZERO block. This moments make me truly reconsider my mistake when I play :lol:

• Today at 18.15 on Raisport the first 'big match' Trento vs Perugia.
    PalaTrento Sold Out.

A lot of Italians and two Argentinians crossing their paths :heart:
    And also several Trentino exes, including the two in the podium for the number of presences (Bari and Bira). I don't remember if Matey is second or third...
    https://www.facebook.com/trent…rl/posts/1154287571286164

• :what: :what: :what: What a shameful performance from Lube. Padova is leading 21-10 in the third set.
    Sokolov is never reliable, always making stupid mistakes . At least Miljkovic was a winner
    Christenson is making very wrong decisions. He has completely taken Juantorena out of game .
    Juantorena is like a tourist in this team. He never takes any responsibility. Never !
    And Blengini's Grebennikov choise is just scandalous.

I don't think they can take more than one set against good teams. And I think it must be Christenson who should be benched not Grebennikov. Ridiculous choises

And Blengini's Grebennikov choise is just scandalous.

Well, I must admit that since I realized Eczacibasi plays with Ognjenovic on the bench and Larson and Adams on the tribunes I feel more comprehensive about Blengini (and Lube) awful choice :P

But actually I came here just to celebrate Trento victory!!!!!! :cheesy: :cheesy: My beloved cupcakes :heart: :heart:
    Notice that Solé was on the bench, except for few brief moments ^^ (for this reason I think that it was more a turn over than a physical problems, but who knows).
    Also Nelli was in for Stokr, but it's hard to think of it like a turn over in my opinion (I mean, it probably was, but when you have this Nelli and this Stokr it's not only about letting Jan rest after the WCCh...)

About Lube, I practically haven't watched a set after the Supercup, but as far as I read excluding today they didn't play well only the first two sets vs Latina... I mean, until today they were the only team with full points, and Monza and especially Piacenza are both good teams (and Lube had beaten both 3-0).

On the other hand, it's not the first time Padova wins a point or dominates a set vs a top teams ;)

Latina still the only one with zero victories. Edit: and Monza was playing without Jovovic and both the opposite Hirsch and Raic!! Dzavoronok played his second match as opposite and according to the journalist played well ^^

• 39 pts for Hernandez and 31 for Dennis in the Piacenza-MIlano clash. What really caught my eye though was Luca Tencati - only 1 point (a block) in 5 sets as a starter. Piacenza really does have godawful middles, it's too bad Yosifov can't play much due to the foreigners rule.

• When will Atanasijevic play again? Is taking too long, and clearly they need him if they want to make to the finals again.

If I don't recall well less than a week ago they said that it will pass even a month since he will be full recovered (I don't know if that means 'able to start plaing' or 'ready to play').
    It's sure that Zaytsev will play the next two big matches, though.

Piacenza-Milano was a very tight match, with 4 of 5 set won of only two points and the 4th set won by 3 points...
    Milano was very close to grab the victory, even without Sbertoli and Starovic, but at the end of the tie break Piacenza came back strongly.
    I agree about Yosifov, noticed that he has 100% in attack on 2 attack and 1 block, and played for sure less than Tencati...

• 17.15. Big match Perugia-Modena

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Since the 3th set, I've never had the sensation to lose the game. Zaystev the shadow of himself. Very good match by Vettori and Petric

• Yes, of course, we can play with Zaytsev passing with a disaster like Bari as passing libero. :rolll: It can just get worse with Atanasijevic on court. :wall:

A beautiful loser team once again. I was right.

• Zaytsev looked injured, as far as i can judge. From a certain point de Cecco avoided setting to him and the balls he got, he could not convert.....

I agree with Mamdani, even when the score was still relatively tight, you never had the feeling that Perugia could go at it (i only watched third and fourth set). Buti tried to cheerlead the team but somehow they missed some fire......

• I agree with you guys, Modena seemed kinda in control!

So far the uncertainties we saw in Perugia when the market ended are proved to be right (I loved the 'a beautiful loser team once again' sentenced xD), even if we haven't seen yet the team how it was supposed to be.

Still, in the good and in the worst I believe it's too soon to make clear statement about the teams or the season: last year at this point I hardly doubt many would have bet on Perugia beating Lube in semifinal... (I wouldn't, to be clear ^^)

I mean, I do feel at the moment that Perugia hasn't find the right equilibrium and somehow I'm more pessimist than optimist about it, but who knows, may be 'improving' the disequilibrium with Zaytsev as OH they'll finally find an equilibrium ;)

About the single players, Podke is playing very well imho, while Zaytsev probably hasn't played yet a single match at his top, including probably the one he was named MVP (I didn't watch all Perugia matches so don't take my word for granted ^^', honestly I don't even remember if he was named MVP other times...).
    Well, if he wants to keep his best for NT I have no problem with it :P

• "[So far the uncertainties we saw in Perugia when the market ended are proved to be right (I loved the 'a beautiful loser team once again' sentenced xD), even if we haven't seen yet the team how it was supposed to be."

Worse for sure. I'm looking forward to see De Cecco running to the service line to save Zaytsev's and Bari's receptions.

NB: quote button still doesn't work. :wall: