Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• Where was the game? Perugia or Modena? I was thinking they were in Modena, but when Atanasijevic came in the crowd went crazy and I think I saw some glitter confetti ??

In fact the game was in Perugia

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• I did not like Zaystev post-match interview... Too many alibis (Modena lucky, the refs, the video-check and blablabla). That's not a good attitude for a team that should -SHOULD- win everything

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().

• to save Zaytsev's and Bari's receptions

And don't forget Russell, please ;)
    I really like him too but I definitely don't think he is the best receiver among the three of them, actually I probably think the opposite...

I did not like Zaystev post-match interview... Too many alibis (Modena lucky, the refs, the video-check and blablabla). That's not a good attitude for a team that should -SHOULD- win everything

I thought exactly the same.
    I mean, from a certain point of view he was really sincere saying that things like 'the problem with the video check messed up with our minds' (which I think it's true and which of course isn't a good thing, and he new that too): I didn't see this one like a real 'alibi', but more like admitting a weakness.*
    For all the rest, I was really annoyed by the fact he repeatedly pointed out that 'Modena was lucky' ?( (and if I'm not wrong also Boban said something like that) and that they had physical problems (which I'm sure it's true, but still). Unfortunately this time the excuse 'we weren't playing at home' weren't available...

*to make a confrontation, when in Trento-Latina the referee at the beginning of the match said the video check wasn't working in the first set, the teams have never complained about a single call and even admitted the ball was in/touched etc. Ok, it was a match with a way different tension, but still that's how a team should cope with a video check problem...

• I couldn't watch Perugia vs. Modena, but for 4 tight sets 9 balls to the Modena's MBs seems way too low. Only 4 to Holt who, we know, could be very effective in attack and yet he contributed 0 points to the game in this element. I am curious about Orduna's distribution.

Meanwhile, only by reading stats sheets and without watching all of his matches, I can say that Tsvetan Sokolov's disastrous service performance continues. And it has been years now. I don't which league/coach he needs to play in/with so that we see some joy when he serves. I cannot come up with a name of an otherwise powerful opposite, or even any opposite, who sucks at serving that much.

• Video check problems damaged us too, I remember at least a pipe of Petric that was IN, and a touch by Perugia's blockers which the refs did not see. Then, it's useless for Zaystev to blame video check: both Perugia and Modena had reasons to complain

• Meanwhile, only by reading stats sheets and without watching all of his matches, I can say that Tsvetan Sokolov's disastrous service performance continues. And it has been years now. I don't which league/coach he needs to play in/with so that we see some joy when he serves. I cannot come up with a name of an otherwise powerful opposite, or even any opposite, who sucks at serving that much.

Sabbi :thumbsup: at least for most of his career...I don't know right now cause I did not check the stats

• That's not a good attitude for a team that should -SHOULD- win everything

I forgot to say that about that I don't completely agree, because I've never take for granted that big names made big teams.

Of course Perugia is a team that CAN win everything, but it's not a secret (and it never was) that is a team builded with a questionable balance, and so far this perception is confirmed (and we still have to see Zaytsev OH).

To me this year Modena is the team that 'should' win everything, because it's actually a TEAM, and not just a collection of players. And I felt that also before the Supercup despite all the important changes in the team. So far it seemed confirmed, we will see.

Then, it's useless for Zaystev to blame video check: both Perugia and Modena had reasons to complain

I did't think he was actually blaming the VC itself: I thought he was blaming themselves for get nervous because of the video check problem, which is quite different.
    May be I'm wrong though (I listened to his interviews last night and I was quite tired ^^') and he was actually blaming the referee choices about the VD: in that case I do agree with you. I'll re-watch the interviews later to check, now I'm curious ;)

• Kurek can`t serve either. I can`t stand Kurek and Sokolov, sometimes they can score a lot like 20/30 points but that will come with 20/30 mistakes. Someone needs to tell Sokolov, dude you cant do a high jump serve, so just do a normal serve, at least get the ball across the net.

I was thinking the game was in Modena, because I think I saw a lot of yellows .......

By the way, seams like the OG gave Vetorri a lot of confidence, I never really liked him, but now kind like him.

• By the way, seams like the OG gave Vetorri a lot of confidence, I never really liked him, but now kind like him.

He played at high level also all the last season, actually, so I wouldn't consider the OG like the 'responsible' for his beginning of the season...

Rumors about Perugia questioning Boban Kovac and looking for Rado Stoytchev.
    I feel it would be quite premature to change coach when he hasn't even had the chance to train and play with the team that they actually built during the summer (with Zaytsev OH)... I can understand the impatient to win, but I think Boban deserves some times to adjust things, or at least try.
    If there were mistakes, it was more during the market that now imho...

I highly esteem Rado so I can't avoid thinking that he can help, to be clear.

EDIT: In an interview on Gazzetta Sirci (Perugia president) declared that Boban Kovac is untouchable and that it isn't true they are looking for Rado ('I didn't even have his number neither I need it').

Here a shortened translation of the interview:

Sirci: "Boban is untouchable and we will rise again with him: for what we saw he has no fault for the last matches. Stop questioning Kovac, a good coach that is doing his part.
    In case, who watched the match vs Modena should have noticed that Zaytsev isn't himself and we weren't expecting him like this. The Zar we know and aired is a way different player, so it's from him I expected much, much more. In attack we must be way stronger and now we can't put to much on Ata's shoulders: it's true that for us is a fundamental player, but he will need time to regain his full shape."
    Many pointed the finger on the reception and especially on Bari after the match vs Modena, but Sirci defended him: "I think that Bari vs Modena didn't play as bad as many suggest, also considering Modena service skills. We know that players like Colaci, Rossini and Grebennikov give more certainties and you all know how close we were to Colaci this summer, but eventually he stayed in Trento. But our problems are elsewhere..."

Ps for the record, yesterday Perugia had the best % of perfect receptions of the whole Superlega, with 40,5%

• Molfetta fired Di Pinto and aired (it seems) Gulinelli.

Apparently Di Pinto was fired because asked by a (small) number of fans, which I found quite insane (if it's true). It seems that after the loss vs Latina these fans attacked coach and players...
    The position of the players isn't clear, but few days ago the players reunited (alone) decided to ask Di Pinto to train more in order to pass by the difficulties due to players recovering from injuries or arrived later, so it didn't seem that they dislike/don't follow him...

The 'funny' thing is that the same fans are among who hardly criticized Gulinelli for leaving the team last year (to train Egypt), soI'm curious to see how they'll take this choice of the president/sportive director.
    May be they said 'we even prefer Gulinelli to Di Pinto', who knows.

• And Daniele Bagnoli will be Latina coach.

We will have a derby within a derby with Latina-Sora: both teams are in the same Italian region (Lazio) and the coaches are brothers ;)

• Right now 2 big matches: Lube-Perugia (Raisport) and Modena-Verona (Sportube)

• Is Padova incomplete or are they simply a team full of idiots? :cursing:

• Is Padova incomplete or are they simply a team full of idiots? :cursing:

Why?

• In Italy they should not have all\mostly the games male/female at same day and same hour.

They should have games at least Saturday and Sunday and starting at different time.

It doesn't matter: 99% of the italians watch football in the weekend.

• But for us volleyball fans....I dont watch soccer.

And if they all watch soccer on sunday, one more reason for them to play on saturday/friday and not sunday.....

OMGGG Lube vs Perugia, so many aces, one after another, is getting even boring.

Perugia needs Atanasjevic 100% back on the court if they want to WIN>

• Why?

Fantastic matches against the best teams and then get murdered on their home court by VV...

• In Italy they should not have all\mostly the games male/female at same day and same hour.

Unfortunately the problem doesn't actually exist since Raisport only sends (in general) one match for league: for the female league on Saturday, for the male league on Sunday, plus usually the matches in different days during the week (for example Trento-Latina that was a different day).

Yes, we also have Sportube and LVFTV, but the quality is quite poor and the second one cost way too much in my opinion...

Is Padova incomplete or are they simply a team full of idiots?

I was a bit disappointed too seeing the result, I like this team and I was happy that they had won all the matches vs direct or 'lower-level' teams.

In general, to me the biggest surprise was the complete defeat of Verona! I read Modena dominate from the service line and played very well in general, despite using Ngapeth like a second-row player even if he played all the match also in the first line – he had a problem to an elbow and Cook was in America for familiar problems.

Perugia actually played well imho (and for long period also very well); I guess it wasn't enough. The urge to win plus the 'what if we lose again after being haed' fear probably didn't help, but Civitanova stepped up also. I mean, I would say it's more Civitanova merit than Perugia demerit...