Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• Vibo is so right!

If Lega will really decide to do it, Vibo, Latina, Castellana and Molfetta (and maybe one team which now I don't remember) won't be able to play.

The avenues may not be that big, but at least here it doesn't rain inside :whistle: http://www.cronachemaceratesi.…spesa-lube-latina/780598/

It's just a shitty way to avoid avay matches far from the north. :down:

If it will happen, I hope Molfetta and Castellana will become one team and play together in Bari. I don't know if it's even possible XD

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I think we have to clarify a bit the question.

I'll start with few 'objective' considerations and then I'll give my opinion.
    I specify that - despite cheering for Trento - two of these teams are in my region, so my personal interests is that they stay in Superlega.

First of all, nobody is saying these teams can't play in Superlega. They're saying they can't unless they have a 3000 seats hall.
    I see a huge different in it.
    We can agree that it would be like saying 'they can't play' if the closest 3000 seats halls were at 500 km from the previous, for example, but it seems it isn't the case for non of them except may be Sora (but the close Frosinone has an hall with 2800 seats, may be they can adapt it). Vibo has an hall in the same city (5km*), Latina apparently in a really close little town (Cisterna di Latina), Molfetta has the Palaflorio, I learned from you that is close enough to Castellana too.

Secondly, it's not a thing that the 'evil' teams of the North decided this morning in a secret meeting (and for the record, since there are readers from all over the world, neither Perugia and Civitanova are in the North).
    The Lega decided 3 years ago this was the direction were the new born Superlega wanted to go.
    Latina and Molfetta were there too. The others decided to join later knowing the rules. Vibo wasn't even qualified on court, truthfully: they asked to be admitted in Superlega.

It appears - Callipo (Vibo president) said so - that the rule isn't that mandatory, because it is something that will become official when Lega council will put it in next year regulation. It's like the 3 years ago decision simply (strongly) raccomanded to put these rule in the 2017-18 regulation.
    So Callipo point is that the others societies practically should agree that there's no need for a minmum of 3000 seats and accordingly shouldn't put that in the new season regulation.
    But we must admit that if 3 years ago they thought it was a right choice, it's absolutely legitimate that there still are societies that want to promote the rule (not necessarly logical or useful or wathever, but for sure legitimate).

Third, Superlega aim is to reach a certain standard of quality in the offer and in the numbers of fan (the teams will also be asked to fill the 80% of the hall).

Last 'objective' point is that Sora and Molfetta situation imho is really different from Latina and Vibo: the first two have a lot of fans and the hall always practically full no matter who the opponents are; the others two had sold out vs Perugia, many fans vs the big teams, more then half hall empty all the other times.

Now, my considerations.

- does Vibo and Latina needs bigger hall? No, they don't (unless the match is vs Perugia :P).
    Ps that depend on the few fans, so it's not a good thing

- does the changing of hall create big problems to the teams?
    At the moment the only big problem we know of is that Vibo should pay 500.000-600.000 euro to adjust the other hall; obviously it's a lot of money (we may say that he had an year to organize about it and that when he asked to be in Superlega he was supposed to put that in consideration, since the rule was known).
    That doesn't mean it's the only problem, but at the moment it's the one we know of

- it is nice for the fans to move to an entire different city (at the moment it seems only Sora and Molfetta case)?
    Of course it would be more lovely for them to stay in their (I'm sure) beloved town, but this two teams are the two that actually needs more space for the fans

- it is nice to have an empty all (and the bigger the hall is, the emptier it seems)?
    No it's not. That shoould be Latina and Vibo main focus, the big hall is useless if they don't solve it.

- it is nice that half Italy isn't represented in the Superlega?
    Absolutely not (but read point one of the consideration above).

- does Callipo has the right to make a fuss of it?
    For me, NO, since the rule was clear! And he actually even asked to be admitted in Superlega despite he hadn't achieved that on court!
    And just an year later he pretends that everybody will vote for the rule to change because he wants so? And I underline 'pretend': he didn't ask politely, he didn't said 'please I know you're right but my first priority has to be growing the number of fans, not playing in a bigger and emptier all, I hope we can discuss it because if the rule needs to be apply I can't afford to move the team to the other hall so my team will be forced to play in A2' (that would have been reasonable).
    No, he said he has no intention to respect the rule and he accused all the 'North' teams of wanting a Lega among thems and loving to cut out all the far South.
    That's what make me criticize him.
    Plus the fact that he is complaining despite having the proper hall 5 km far from palavalentia :P

Sorry for wrting such a long post ^^'
    I would love to hear your opinions :)

• I'm not familiar with the case but what a stupid rule to have 3000 seats in order to play in Superlega do they know what "work" clubs should do to attract 3000 people really stupid rule

Well, the idea at the base is exactly that for staying in the 'elite' Superlega – among other things – you must been able to attract/you must work to attract at least the 80% of 3000 people (aka 2400 seats).
    I mean, they want the team to do that work (and 'they' is actually cooprehensive of the clubs itself as far as I understand).
    This year (but the rule isn't on yet) there were others teams that didn't accomplish that, like – by memory – Milano, Ravenna, Monza... So the teams from the South aren't the only one that need to grow the number of fans.

I must admit I partially agree with the need of this kind of commitment by the Superlega teams, but – having said that – I also think that a small full hall is way better than a big empty hall, and that to have 3000 (2400) real fans you may need at least 3 years: for me the rule should say that you have 3 years since you join the Superlega to accomplish that.
    In this way Vibo, Sora and Castellana would be ok for other 2/3 years, Latina should be considered a failure and Molfetta probably may just need a bigger hall, since they already have many fans.

Ps I want also to recall that as far as I understand the lack of retrocession is a choice made to help the team to work on the territory and to bet on young players without the fear of retrocession.

Pps for me Milano so far is one of the biggest no of the Superlega, both for number of fans (except vs the big – anyway Vibo has the negative record about the number of fans) and poor results; let's see if this year they can do better.

• For the record, basket Serie A decided that for next year play off and for every match of 2018-2019 the teams need to have a 5000 seats hall.
    In fact PalaTrento will be enlarged to 5000 seats with the economical cooperation of Basket and Volley (3-4 million of works).
    For volley that will also allow to host international competition for the NTs and theorically also the CL final4.

First of all, nobody is saying these teams can't play in Superlega. They're saying they can't unless they have a 3000 seats hall.

I know it ;)

Molfetta has the Palaflorio, I learned from you that is close enough to Castellana too.
    The Lega decided 3 years ago this was the direction were the new born Superlega wanted to go.

Yeah. Here we have the PalaFlorio which is for sure big enough. At PalaPoli they added more seats for this season (but it seems still not enough to reach 3000) since it's ALWAYS full and there are a lot of people cheering. Trust me, a lot.

I have been there and being there it's simply amazing. In my opinion, there's no need to set a number of seats: it's better a full and small hall than a big one and almost empty. BTW I bealive here, in the South, even a bigger hall would be full of peaople :lol:

I read on an article that Castellana will play for sure in A1 during the next season, they don't know where, but they will play.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• News: if Lega doesn't sllow molfetta to play in PalaPoli, they won't play anympse since they don't want to play in Bari. https://www.molfettaviva.it/sp…lfetta-non-ci-iscriviamo/

• I know it

I know you know it, but I thought it was better to make it clear for everyone ;)

Yeah. Here we have the PalaFlorio which is for sure big enough. At PalaPoli they added more seats for this season (but it seems still not enough to reach 3000) since it's ALWAYS full and there are a lot of people cheering. Trust me, a lot.

I have been there and being there it's simply amazing. In my opinion, there's no need to set a number of seats: it's better a full and small hall than a big one and almost empty. BTW I bealive here, in the South, even a bigger hall would be full of peaople

I read on an article that Castellana will play for sure in A1 during the next season, they don't know where, but they will play.

I totally agree about that, despite stressing the need to respect the rule and also understanding some of the goal of this rule.

But I also think that among the teams with the problem of the small hall, Molfetta is the one that could benefit the most of a bigger hall, since they have a lot of fans, the PalaPoli is often sold out and the fans are so cheering and involved that everyone who may happen for a chance to go to watch the match will fall in love with watching live volleyball for sure ;)

And for all these reasons and many others it would be a huge pity not to have them in the Superlega.
    I would really like to know if the willing NOT to move in Palaflorio is connected with economical problems (which I may understand), or if it's 'simply' a question of affection/pride (which I totally get, but I can't see how not playing at all can help with that more than moving in Bari...). Also considering that Molfetta doesn't even have the 'excuse' of Sora, Vibo or Castellana that arrived in Superlega when the rule was already decided.