Belgian Euro Millions Volley League 2016-2017

• That arena is awesome :thumbsup: , how many people was there? Is that one of the team`s home arena, or they used it only for the Cup Final?

Voww, the Belgium League is way better than what I imagined.

• That arena is awesome :thumbsup: , how many people was there? Is that one of the team`s home arena, or they used it only for the Cup Final?

Voww, the Belgium League is way better than what I imagined.

The Cup final was played in Antwerp, it has been the case for a few years now. The city will host the event next season again, it hosted the Supercup match, too. None of the two teams comes from Antwerp, the city was probably chosen because of the spacious arena, even the local club Topvolley Callant Antwerpen plays in a different sports hall. No idea about the attendance for the Cup final, though. By the way, Precura Antwerpen played in the Champions League a few years ago and yet they hosted matches in a different arena.

As for the Belgian league, perhaps someone local could give a better impression but I will write a few sentences as I follow the league occasionally. Matches between Roeselare and Maaseik have turned into a local classic, most of the time they challenge each other for domestic trophies. It has a better quality than the Dutch league, for instance, and it is not uncommon for Dutch players to get their salaries there. The two-teams model is rarely broken, however, but there are a few good teams stealing wins/trophies in the past few years. Antwerpen and Asse-Lennik pretty much comprise the list of those teams. By the way, I have no idea what happened to Asse-Lennik this season and why they are not in the league. You can look at the rosters of Prefaxis Menen and Lindemans Aalst this campaign, they are doing great, especially the latter which advances to the CEV Cup quarterfinals.