Russian Superleague 2017/2018

• First set loss of Zenit Kazan for this season. Novosibirsk took it. I hope this is a good signal for the whole league.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Match could've gone either way for both teams.

Leon did not play well but Mikhailov sure did. No movements wasted.

Novosibirsk played well but Leon may not have played at his best... he almost always bail them in out of system situations. Mikhailov only neutralized Grozer's points but none on the side of Novosibirsk can really do what Leon is doing for Zenit Kazan.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Match could've gone either way for both teams.

Leon did not play well but Mikhailov sure did. No movements wasted.

Novosibirsk played well but Leon may not have played at his best... he almost always bail them in out of system situations. Mikhailov only neutralized Grozer's points but none on the side of Novosibirsk can really do what Leon is doing for Zenit Kazan.

It was a rather stupid mistake by Novosibirsk libero Martynyuk at 22:22 in the second set that let Zenit get into the saddle. Grozer had served very well at that point and Novosibirsk had a transition ball but Matrynyuk was in the way of Grozer, between zones 1 and 2, so the latter couldn't spike. Zenit side-outed and then Novosibirsk was struggling with Leon's service.

I also noticed that Zenit had silenced Savin (who was the main scoring power of Lokomotiv last season) pretty well. At the same time the 36-y.o. Panteleymonenko was actually not as bad as one would expect from a player who spent last two years essentially off the sport.

I agree that Leon is a special one but I wouldn't say Novosibirsk gave him lots of space - 6 kill-blocks is a good number. You see, the Novosibirsk OHs might not match Leon's firepower but there is an opinion that they (Rodichev, Divis, Savin) are the best all-round OHs in the league.

• 8| :lol:
    i have been around volleyball courts for quite a while, but this is pretty unique i have to say.

What a match for Mykhailov against Belgorod, and Leon not much worse. Russian league should consider imposing a "handicap" for them. Something like a weight west or mandatory "left-arm-hitting"......

http://www.volleyservice.ru/in…me&game_id=3587&Itemid=77

• 8| :lol:
    i have been around volleyball courts for quite a while, but this is pretty unique i have to say.

What a match for Mykhailov against Belgorod, and Leon not much worse. Russian league should consider imposing a "handicap" for them. Something like a weight west or mandatory "left-arm-hitting"......

http://www.volleyservice.ru/in…me&game_id=3587&Itemid=77

I may sound a bit unorthodox, but what a match for Panteleymonenko!
    Reception, attack, three aces, of which two came in a row at, I think, 21:22 in set 2. He is being a perfect Sivozhelez so far for Zenit.

• Some good matches today.

Semyshev looks like a prodigy-in-the-making for Gazprom and he's still young.

Voronkov is quite small for an opposite. He gets the job done but still... Maybe he can play as a swing hitter in the future? I'm not feeling Sivozhelez at all.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• It's great to know this league is a little more balanced than before.

I usually skip this league because of the lack of competition between Zenit Kazan and the other clubs.

#FreeBritney

• Is Grozer injured? Pavlov has started the game it seems.

#FreeBritney

• Great to see Tetyukhin playing on the level he is playing as if age is just nothing but a number. I just wish his stamina holds up. This could be a long game....

#FreeBritney

• Novosibirsk didn't even make life difficult for Belogorie during the fourth set and they are paying for that in the tiebreak. Tetyukhin didn't even break a sweat. lol

#FreeBritney

• Zhigalov has to be the best serving substitute in the world right now. :obey:

#FreeBritney

• Luburic is playing pretry well for someone who just started training with his new club in a few days.

#FreeBritney

• Gotta love Kemerovo's middles. Very alert. Helps give more opportunities by being active. Seems like everyone in Kemerovo are playing beach volleyball with that kind of defense.

I have to say Evgeny and the libero are the holes of SPb and the coaches as well. It is a strong team on paper but they are lacking maturity as a whole.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Gotta love Kemerovo's middles. Very alert. Helps give more opportunities by being active. Seems like everyone in Kemerovo are playing beach volleyball with that kind of defense.

I have to say Evgeny and the libero are the holes of SPb and the coaches as well. It is a strong team on paper but they are lacking maturity as a whole.

Where I agree is that Klimkin is not necessarily the best coach for a team with the budget of Zenit SPb. Have to say though that on the paper Kuzbass is actually a better team and, with a functional Poletaev on the pitch, may have not given away the set. Just like Zenit-SPb, they're still "digesting" their summer shopping and trying to figure out the best starting line-up.

• I really hope someone manages to check Pankov's egoistical setting. It's not bad but when he messes up... it is usually the opponent's point. He has to remember his middle attackers are not young anymore so he has to be careful at giving them the ball. I know creativity is a must but accuracy is more important especially the ones going to his pin attackers.

#FreeBritney

• I am already quite irritated by the low quality livestream of Kemerovo hosted games and the person blowing that horn is not helping alleviate that at all. :wall:

#FreeBritney