Russian Superleague 2017/2018

• Disastrous Pankov. Like brother and sister. :down:

I am still giving him the benefit of doubt...but those plays deserve a sit down on the bench.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Disastrous Pankov. Like brother and sister. :down:

I am still giving him the benefit of doubt...but those plays deserve a sit down on the bench.

It is same in most of the world. If your parents or relatives are powerfull enough, you don't need to show a lot. You are given your spot no matter how awful you play.

I didn't watch brother Pankov but her sister is what i am talking about.

• It is same in most of the world. If your parents or relatives are powerfull enough, you don't need to show a lot. You are given your spot no matter how awful you play.

I didn't watch brother Pankov but her sister is what i am talking about.

Pankov is talented. No doubt about it. He's the closest to a Bruno/Willian/Giannelli setter for Russia among the new blood. But the creativity can lead to mistakes. He needs to remember that his MBs are not young or as fast as they once were anymore so he has to think about it carefully. They're not Lucas Saatkamp who can spike anywhere in the court. :rolll:

I have no comment for Kosianenko. I think I've said a lot in the Euro thread. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• That was a very interesting first two sets for Dinamo Moscow. Kuzbass led by a lot in all of those sets but Dinamo managed to stage a comeback.

Edit: And Kuzbass staged an even greater comeback. :drink:

I guess that point where Dinamo Moscow lost the 4th set which simultaneously destroyed their chances for the Final 4 at Belgorod hurt their morale. They were leading in the tiebreak until 10-12 but Poletaev took crucial and easy aces and won them the match.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• I do repeat myself, but man, whats going on with Maxim? :white: Again hitting 80% (16/20) and finishing match with 23 points in a 3-setter :obey:

Any news on Grozer? He hasn't been on the roster for Lokomotiv lately...

• Pankov always during the crucial moments. Always making the wrong decisions. That dump isn't going to work with that block and that kind of defense. He should've learn a lot from their previous encounter.

#FreeBritney

• I do repeat myself, but man, whats going on with Maxim? :white: Again hitting 80% (16/20) and finishing match with 23 points in a 3-setter :obey:

Any news on Grozer? He hasn't been on the roster for Lokomotiv lately...

Apparently Grozer is being repariert in D-land at the moment.

• Apparently Grozer is being repariert in D-land at the moment.

Grozer kaputt ?
    That doesn't sound good. Please let me know, when there is more info available. I hope its not too serious....

• Too much traffic inside petersburg's court. Rookie errors everywhere but I'm attributing that to their young age as a club.

Just glad they substituted Pankov. His creativity is occluding his mind from his imprecision and that's holding them back as a team.

#FreeBritney

• What is going on in Moscow? This is the weakest Dinamo I can remember. Not on paper, but in terms of form and results. I refuse to believe it is only due to Grankin's departure, they still have enough quality to have avoided some of the home defeats in the league. And on top of that came the 3 defeats for the Cup 8|

• What is going on in Moscow? This is the weakest Dinamo I can remember. Not on paper, but in terms of form and results. I refuse to believe it is only due to Grankin's departure, they still have enough quality to have avoided some of the home defeats in the league. And on top of that came the 3 defeats for the Cup 8|

Lack of youth is very apparent and maybe energy. They tend to lose a lot of points during the start of sets then try to come back at the middle part only to lose at the end because the lead was too large or they got tired.

#FreeBritney

• Grozer kaputt ?
    That doesn't sound good. Please let me know, when there is more info available. I hope its not too serious....

Grozer: " I suffered a little tear in the patella tendon. It was treated in Italy and now i have to rest some weeks .... "

source: http://volleyball.de/nc/news/d…tschen-profis-im-ausland/

I would argue of course that Dinamo had a difficult group in the Cup semis but feels like the KGB glorious owners of Dinamo Moscow read your posts. They've kicked out Marichev and invited Kolchin instead. Most importantly, they've appointed a chap who runs an independent agency, Kastornov, a de facto club director. Which kind of assumes that Moscow is prepared to spend cash on players - but the real beauty of this appointment is that Kastornov is Grankin's agent who helped the latter up to move out of Dinamo in the summer. This sounds like a good idea overall from Dinamo bosses. The club's summer shopping, D*ck Kooy (absolutely useless so far), Kevin Le Roux (pretty much sick so far) and Denis Kalinin (forgot who this guy is) reflects anything but a strategy. Also, apparently half of the team is sick or injured... umm, just realised these guys are due to play in ChL this season.

The interesting thing is that in some of the league games Dinamo looked like the best serving team of the championship. All six players were serving tough spike-serves. The official version of the reasons behind the disaster is that "the contact is lost between the coach and the players", i.e. the old song from last season is still there. What is very noticeably however is the lack of the bench. Yakovlev Jr is a poor sub for Kruglov so far, Antipkin is very nervy, there is a void behind Berezhko and Markin's backs and last game they had to use an OH in the middle. I still think they'll manage to climb up eventually.

What is really surprising this season is the performance from Nova and Ural. Nova (5th spot after 7 games) is above Zenit Spb (7th spot) in the table - and I've heard it was Zenit who recruited Nova's coach Klimkin in a very immediate manner (the guy left Nova during the play-out tourney - "good luck with your qualification, chaps"). Have to say, Nova has bought the right people in the summer, as both Skrimov and Skulevicus are doing really well. With Ural - I don't know - but it looks like Bagnoli is not bad in the end.

• I would argue of course that Dinamo had a difficult group in the Cup semis but feels like the KGB glorious owners of Dinamo Moscow read your posts. They've kicked out Marichev and invited Kolchin instead. Most importantly, they've appointed a chap who runs an independent agency, Kastornov, a de facto club director. Which kind of assumes that Moscow is prepared to spend cash on players - but the real beauty of this appointment is that Kastornov is Grankin's agent who helped the latter up to move out of Dinamo in the summer. This sounds like a good idea overall from Dinamo bosses. The club's summer shopping, D*ck Kooy (absolutely useless so far), Kevin Le Roux (pretty much sick so far) and Denis Kalinin (forgot who this guy is) reflects anything but a strategy. Also, apparently half of the team is sick or injured... umm, just realised these guys are due to play in ChL this season.

The interesting thing is that in some of the league games Dinamo looked like the best serving team of the championship. All six players were serving tough spike-serves. The official version of the reasons behind the disaster is that "the contact is lost between the coach and the players", i.e. the old song from last season is still there. What is very noticeably however is the lack of the bench. Yakovlev Jr is a poor sub for Kruglov so far, Antipkin is very nervy, there is a void behind Berezhko and Markin's backs and last game they had to use an OH in the middle. I still think they'll manage to climb up eventually.

What is really surprising this season is the performance from Nova and Ural. Nova (5th spot after 7 games) is above Zenit Spb (7th spot) in the table - and I've heard it was Zenit who recruited Nova's coach Klimkin in a very immediate manner (the guy left Nova during the play-out tourney - "good luck with your qualification, chaps"). Have to say, Nova has bought the right people in the summer, as both Skrimov and Skulevicus are doing really well. With Ural - I don't know - but it looks like Bagnoli is not bad in the end.

Thanks a lot for the opinion and the information shared!

• Hearing whispers of another coach exiting a team once again. Klimkin is so... realistic. That's so bad for a team with ambitions. Zenit Spb probably cannot reorganize anymore with the players. So the coach will probably go.

#FreeBritney

• i just started. sadly, audio/video is heavily out of sync for me. Pretty ennoying.......

• Who is watching Zenit Kazan vs Zenit San Petersburg beside me? Good match

Yeah me too. Russian Superleague is more balanced because other clubs are stepping up.

The fan atmosphere is also nice. Zenit SPb has been on a winning streak because of the support from their fans so you are probably feeding on their excitement.

I am very glad Klimkin is being more critical especially to Pankov. His coaching method earlier was not feasible with their club's ambitions and the strength of the Russian Superleage which increased from last year. That's not good for the survival of their young club. I really hate the loser mentality. No way you are going to win if you are fine with the performance. You really have to force the greatness of the team considering how weak is the team when it comes to their passing and the bench.

#FreeBritney