Poland - PlusLiga 2017/18

• Gdansk prevailed over Zaksa to make it to the finals of the Polish Cup.

I haven't watched the game because of the coppa italia so I am wishing someone made a recording of the match somewhere on the internet.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Any comments/opinion on Mark Lebedew's dismissal at Jastrzebski? As far as I know, the lack of satisfactory results has been mentioned as official reason. I guess mostly Jastrzebski's current PlusLiga position has been taken into account. I understand they might also be disappointed by the Cup elimination in Warsaw, but it was a tough opponent, to be fair. Jastrzebski's CL campaign still looks OK, they should be able to make it to the CL play-offs. I know Polish directors are perhaps a bit impatient when it comes to results and performance by foreign players/coaches, but didn't they rush a bit with the decision? Lebedew is no weak or incompetent coach, I am sure he would've taken his team to the league play-offs (judging also by the remaining schedule) and would've finished higher than the current 7th position. Any information about the team chemistry or was it really just a lack-of-results decision?

The whole situation reminds me of Serniotti's dismissal in a way and both coaches are good enough to be at the wheel of top Polish teams. Maybe they both needed a little more credit and time, who knows.

• Rosters a little bit updated:
    - Bieńkowski (S) from ZAKSA to Łuczniczka
    - Barthelemy Chinenyeze (MB) joined Resovia as medical joker in place of Bartłomiej Lemański
    - Yevgeniy Gorchaniuk (OH) joined Łuczniczka

and coaches replacement:
    - Mark Lebedew got fired from JW :what: I have no idea what could be the reason, his replacement is Ferdinando De Giorgi :whistle:
    - Gido Vermuelen replaced Stelio De Rocco in MKS Będzin

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Alright, since this thread got brought back, I've gotta say: I used to really like PlusLiga, but this format has killed any fun it had. The 10-minute breaks after the second set, thus the tons of 3-2 games (with plenty of 0-2 turnarounds), and the long season is simply not entertaining. Hell, we're basically in April and playoffs haven't even started yet.

• Finally the playoffs. It took so long.

Rzeszow and Olsztyn livestream can be found on http://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webpl…56&lid=919146&ci=394&si=5 :drink:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• That Olsztyn-ZAKSA game yesterday was delightful, haven't had that much fun watching volleyball in a long time. And more generally, these playoffs are incredible so far. I'm sure it's largely a coincidence, but I always thought well of the new playoff system and am glad it's first year is so spectacular.

• PGE Skra Bełchatów is the 2017/18 Plusliga Champions

It was a nice battle. Zaksa manage to get the first set but Skra found themselves and won the match after their disastrous start.

I thought that Janusz-Bednorz as opp substitution played well for Skra's comeback in the fourth set. Lomacz didn't have a good connection to Ebadipour but Janusz solve it.

#FreeBritney

• No domestic title for Zaksa for this season after sweeping the year before. Let's see how they will react for their last chance to cop a silverware in the champions league although Civitanova Marche and Perugia/Zenit Kazan will be very difficult.

#FreeBritney

• 1st PGE Skra Bełchatów
    2nd ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle
    3rd Trefl Gdańsk
    4 Indykpol AZS Olsztyn
    5 Jastrzębski Węgiel

#FreeBritney

• Final standings:
    http://www.plusliga.pl/table.html

In Play-Outs Łuczniczka Bydgoszcz won 3-0 (3-0, 3-0 and 1-3)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game