Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• Russell just unstoppable. Might have scored more than ten points during the third set.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Are the statistics from Legavolley even accurate? I find the numbers hard to believe after reading some of it. :read:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I only watched from 21-22 of second set...
    Great stuffs from Perugia overall (like, how many balls they've kept alive??? and what a block!!!), but I'm quite glad that despite that (and despite not playing flawlessly) Trento almost kept up, so for them it wasn't the worst match ever, even if we clearly miss something if we can't never won a set to the advantages even when we have most of the set points (while for example vs Lube it was the other way around, mostly).

But there was an amazing pipe attack from Podrascanin. That came out of nowhere. Who said only Thaisa or Lucas can do that?

That was amazing!!

Trentino should've won with that pipe to Hoag but he chose to waste it. :rolll:

That killed me :aww: As the (apparent?) indecision of Giannelli wether to spike or set...

I think one of the biggest problems for Trentino is Giannelli's Lanza love. I mean instead of using his opposite, he set Lanza whole match

I don't know, imho in the last matches Lanza did deserved a lot of sets (while Vettori not so much), but for today having watch practically just a set I couldn't say, I didn't like very much both of them.
    Anyway, I think Vettori is a player that need to be involved more in the game, to be honest, so in that part I agree with you. But I'm not sure the 'Lanza love' is unjustified, thinking also about last year performances and results (and about Kovacevic absence).

• Now I’m sure there is 100% something going on between Zaytsev and Trentino NT players. Before the start,Lanza was shaking hands with opposite players with a smile on his face, but when the Zaytsev came ,he even didn’t look at Zaytsev’s face. Giannelli was also cold to Zaytsev .

• I don't think Trentino is following the standard of modern volleyball.

This kind of formation sucks really hard when they are out of system. There's no one to turn to cause their opposite requires fast ball while their outside hitters also require fast balls. That is just not how you do it anymore. Basically the Zenit Kazan's success of its system rides on the fact they have 3 lethal wing spikers at each side and the back to soften the blow of bad reception with an enormous serving capability to top it all. :lol: The pressure on Giannelli is already that bad and you have 3 wing hitters requiring fast balls and the middles requiring an even faster one and they still have problems with serve reception because of the new introduction of De Pandis to their system. And the icing of the cake... Lanza is making way too many errors everywhere. Just not good for Trentino.

I feel Uros can change the game but that will also put pressure on Giannelli too as he's a left handed OH. I think they can have the potential in the long run because of their uniqueness as a team but they are also making way too many risks with their new players. I really feel Lanza is not as good as he was before. Vettori is not playing that bad and I think it is time to bench Lanza so he can work out on his errors particularly the serve but with an injured Uros that's impossible yet. :rolll:

It is hard to blame the new players. They are adjusting to the system and Giannelli doesn't deserve much of the blame. As the setter... he is adjusting way too much already with the new players. I feel like Trento didn't have to be that radical with the changes but here they are. I guess it is a about comfort to fit in the system which they didn't have the time because of the national tea. season and then Uros got injured so it ks taking a hard toll.

It is not the end yet too many games to go but they really need to do something about their free falling ASAP.

:white:

#FreeBritney

Edited 3 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Great match between Civitanova and Piacenza.

Piacenza is serving really good and penetrating the block of Lube.

Lube's attack is a subpar tonight. Bench has came in for Christenson and Sander. Stankovic is also playing.

Piacenza loves winning tie breaks. I wonder if Civitanova could end that streak once they forces a fifth set.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Piacenza MBs are having a hard time pinning down the right side attackers. It didn't matter if it is Sokolov(Sokolov mainly) or Juantorena. It's all automatic points to Lube.

#FreeBritney

• Luciano De Cecco suffered an injury. I think it is not that bad. He came back after the fall but Vibo Valentia is leading by three now four points.

#FreeBritney

• It's just me or the two close fault calls vs Milano in the second part of the third set were a bit exaggerated?
    And then the very long pause during Abdel Aziz service run after he scored an ace for the 20-18/19... but he did score an ace again :rolll:

Then anyway Milano wasted the set with one or two bad choices.

• Seems like Padova's win in the Italian Cup over Piacenza is not just because of luck.

#FreeBritney

• Finally. A tie break! Great serve from Averill.

I still feel bad for Taylor. If Angel comes in... he will be force to move out. If only they got an italian player who is at the level of Schott or Klinkenberg(they're not even at the lower part of the best). It's possible that they could keep him as starter.

#FreeBritney

• Daldello can't seem to push the ball with precision. That's negative of jump setting when you are not that tall and the ball is not passed ideally. Milano could've won but Modena got the better serve at the end.

#FreeBritney

• Does anyone know what happen to Thomas Jaeschke? He used to be a titular and now it is Marretta who is undoubtably not even at the same level as Jaeschke on his mediocre days.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• hahhahahahahahaha Zaytsev just made my day :lol: Dear Ivan, may you stop embarrassing yourself for the money? :lol: :lol: He was trying to show the tattoo in whole match, gently cleaning his arm to protect tattoo :lol: :lol: What is next? Going nake for the matches or using sponsor tattoos in private parts of his body? I guess this is all for the love of volleyball :lol: ?

• hahhahahahahahaha Zaytsev just made my day :lol: Dear Ivan, may you stop embarrassing yourself for the money? :lol: :lol: He was trying to show the tattoo in whole match, gently cleaning his arm to protect tattoo :lol: :lol: What is next? Going nake for the matches or using sponsor tattoos in private parts of his body? I guess this is all for the love of volleyball :lol: ?

He is very sexy tonight so I like that he did it. :heart:

#FreeBritney

I would absolutely LOVE if he did that :heart:

• Quite an important fixture is on the 23rd of November.

Trento Latina.

#FreeBritney

• I think Jaeschke has some phisical problems... and of course I have him in fantavolley :lol:

About the tattoo, I thought it was genious! :rolll:
    I usually hate when somebody finds a 'smart' way to avoid respecting a rule, but this time I hated even more the fact Lega did a specific anti-Ivan rule, so I'm actually glad he found an escamotage ;)

For the record, the new rule also said that the accessorizes of the volleyball uniform (sleeves, termic t-shirt, knee pads...) should be of the main color of the uniform itself, and practically nobody is respecting that if not by chance (for example, Trento has white knee pads when playing in white, but also while playing in blue).
    So this rule is even more to be considered as an anti-Zaytsev-Redbull-sleeve as it clearily appared to be from the beginning.