Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• Would it be better to rest Simo? World Championship is next year. I don't think it's good to make it more severe. Having Vettori and Lanza can get you a foreign setter without any problems. So why not use a medical joker option?

Well it's not Trento duty to let Giannelli rest for the interests of the NT ... Blengini should have gave him rest during the terrible WL

Anyway I agree he's playing quite badly/too fast (especially with Vettori), at least in setting.
    Finally the commentator realized that if Lorenzetti keep changing Cavuto (3 errors on 4 serves, even if he did dig very well the one time his serve passed) for their best server probably it's not a techical choice...

• Now I have the impression the balls to Vettori are a little more soft and suitable for him

Damn i got to go out, crossing my fingers for the match hoping for a good news when I'll be back home...

• Trento is officially in a crisis.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Trentino`s problem is GIANELLI. Their passing is not perfect, but is still good enough and Gianelli seams to refuse setting in the middle and the few times he goes there and set is not good, and sets for everyone else is not good either, they are so close to the net and nobody can take a full jump swing.

And no excuse for Gianelli to be having connection problems with Eder and ZIngel, all 3 are world class players. Sole is playing with Raphael and I have never seen Sole playing so well like he`s doing now with Taubate.

and again his sets to everyone is really off again....No wondering why Italy did so terrible in the WL and ECH. Only game Italy played well was against Brazil at the WCC and that was the only game Gianelli played well all summer.

• Giannelli can't even serve right now.

That is the coach's choice. So that is his problem letting an injured player play. The result of this match should be his responsibility not the player.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Glad it went thru to a tie break.

Trentino playing really hard physically.

#FreeBritney

• Eder playing great. Probably his best game of the season.

#FreeBritney

• I bet every Trentino fan only wished that serve from Lanza just to go in and it somehow cause a disruption in the attack of Latina. :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• Latina on a meltdown.Shoji needs to receive wider.

#FreeBritney

• Great comeback win from Kk15's team. :drink:

#FreeBritney

• Well, after all I did have a nice surprise when I finished my training! And I knew we were losing 2-0, so even better surprise ^^

The fact we lost a point vs a Latina without a proper OH (Gitto did a great jobs considering the circumstances, anyway!) shouldn't be considered a great achievement, but it feels like it considering our situation and considering we were losing 2-0 when finally managed to play well (in general, but especially in the end of the set, twice from 21-20 to 25-20 is something I probably haven't seen this season yet).

And today 19 blocks, I think 5 in the tie break. Finally :)

Eder playing great. Probably his best game of the season.

Yeah, I agree. May be he didn't shine in attack but 4 aces, 8 (!) blocks! He was in fact named MVP.
    Also Zingle blocked 5 times and I think he also spiked quite well after from the third set.

Now I have the impression the balls to Vettori are a little more soft and suitable for him

I confirm my impression, and in fact after a bad first set (not helped by the settings, to be fair) he was on fire. I would love to know the stats of the single sets, because of course the general stats is influenced by the 11% of the first set...

I also liked that Kovacevic, Hoag and Lanza did 'turns'; I had the impression Lanza was on fire after staying a bit on the bench. I don't know if it was for the rest or for pride :P

Technically, good call by Lorenzetti to stop changing Giannelli for the serve: I'm very sorry for them (especially Cavuto, who wasted a big chance imho), but Cavuto and Partenio didn't make the difference (well, they did, but in a negative way). On the other hand in the end of the 4th set Giannelli was serving.

Again about Giannelli, I think he played way better in the second part of the match (especially with the MBs and Vettori) and probably it's not a coincidence that Trento won after all ;)

Beside his performances, imho also the change of the libero is something Trento is 'paying': I didn't expected that, but now I must say that (at the moment, at least) Colaci is on another planet compared to De Pandis. Which also happened to make errors in the crucial moments more than once...

Same (that he is on another planet compared to De Pandis) is true for Sohji, that was one of the name for Trento after Colaci went to Perugia... Choosing De Pandis/Chiappa instead of him was probably a huge mistakes, even if I must admit I was fine with the choice back then.

• Some big matches tonight.

Piacenza-Trento,Latina-Ravenna and Perugia-Lube(will be starting an hour earlier than the rest of the matches)

#FreeBritney

• Perugia-Lube(will be starting an hour earlier than the rest of the matches)

Hello all,

In my country, there is no broadcast for this event. In Italy, which channel have broadcast for this match? Or, how can I watch this match online? I asked to elevensports.it and their response was negative, they didn't have this match in schedule.

Thanks in advance.

• Hello all,

In my country, there is no broadcast for this event. In Italy, which channel have broadcast for this match? Or, how can I watch this match online? I asked to elevensports.it and their response was negative, they didn't have this match in schedule.

Thanks in advance.

It'll be shown on Rai Sport+HD. If you have an italian ip with your VPN... you can view the game on their official website.

There are other ways to view it without resorting to VPN. Just google the channel and something will pop up for you.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• There's also an upcoming livestream for the game on youtube. It's unofficial so just search it yourself. Don't want that youtube channel to get closed because it got too popular like savo savo. Remember to filter the search settings to today.

#FreeBritney

• Perugia is not having its best defense. Lube is attacking in all cylinder.

#FreeBritney