Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• After an horrible first set, Lube came back and managed to win the game. Congrats to them, they were able to play as last year with good reception and fast sets. Juantorena was good also in recpetion and all the attackers were reliable. In Modena Urnaut disapperead after the first set, while Ngapeth did too many mistakes.. I quite liked Sabbi and Mazzone!

Now waiting for Perugia-Trento, another great battle!! :box:

• Hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Golden end for third set.
    There was a tension between Vettori and Zaytsev whole match and Perugia was leading 2-0, 20-15, then Vettori scored 3 aces (actually two aces and an unplayable serve )in a row at 21-23 , Trentino won the set. :obey: :obey:
    Guess who got blocked at the end? :lol:

• Great end of third set from Trento, especially from Vettori! Perugia looks very determinate and is playing well, Podrascanin is blocking everywhere, while Kovacevic can't find much solutions. Let's see this fourth set how it goes on!

• Same old story. Atanachoker 0% from 19-19 and De Cecco as terrible as usual when it matters. Those sets for the OHs are unspikeable... :whistle:

Let's see what happens now...

• Perugia is totally outplaying Lube. For me so far the MVP is Russell.
    For Lube; Juantorena's terrible performance is downgrading the team. I don't know if it is because of white uniform or his weight, he looks a bit fat and unathletic. I think Medei needs to be brave and play with Sander and Kovar.

• So far the connection between Christenson and Sander is improving Lube a lot. And Sokolov is playing like a beast!

We just blocked Sokolov twice in row. The problem is Atanasijevic choked 3 times when we had the chance to tie the score. :whistle:

• Can't believe it. ;(

He killed the ball at 25-25. There you can see the difference with the past finals. Russell played simply amazing. Those 3 aces in a row kept us alive. Zaytsev's all-around match was impressive.

• I can't. :dance6:

Perugia did it! Thank you everyone! Especially Aaron, Massimo and Ivan! :obey:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• What a match! Definitely worth the money. The final set is epic and I agree the hero is Russell. He fired 3 aces in a row and completely turn around the momentum. Well-deserved win for Perugia. It really showed they want it and fought for it til the last point. Zaytzev’s save is one for the books for Russell to drop the final bomb! A poetic ending indeed...

• Quite good match by Zaystev, as usual is more usefull from the back row than as a spiker, when he plays as OH

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• What a match! Definitely worth the money. The final set is epic and I agree the hero is Russell. He fired 3 aces in a row and completely turn around the momentum. Well-deserved win for Perugia. It really showed they want it and fought for it til the last point. Zaytzev’s save is one for the books for Russell to drop the final bomb! A poetic ending indeed...

This! I hope no one comes.here to say we kiss USA asses. Russell is the hero, period.

• Aaron Russell almost always plays good when Perugia and even USA is losing so I could see that. Unanimous MVP choice. That serving run totally change the momentum and such a reliable force in the attack.

..but having Massimo Colaci is just a relief for all the outside hitters. He helped manned the backrow and that was the player lacking from Perugia last season. A really good libero.

Now I really wish Ivan can play opposite lol he was a disaster during the first two sets but he is such a resilient player and that played well for Perugia. Just glad it came at the end. Would rather have struggling players during the beginning than a choker at the end.

Now on the other hand Atanasijevic. He actually played good but it just bothers me with his finishing. Sokolov really showed him and everyone what it takes to become an opposite. I wish he could settle his problems cause it's just next to impossible that Perugia is going to replace him.

This is actually the first time I see De Cecco consistently use the pipe. Lol Amazing. It wasn't much of a factor in the final set but it helped set the tone for the rest of the match.

Anzani and Marko did really good too. I guess Marko was a botch with the serve but Simone atleast cancelled that out for him.

It was a nice team work. There's still many things to improve upon to win the league playoffs and Italian Cup(let's face reality... the road is still young...) but having the trophy and stopping from being runner ups... I hope Perugia minus the pressure settles well... Pressure to win was always their number one worst enemy. I really hope that trophy helps everyone and especially Atanasijevic. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().