Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• I have to thank Bernardi for this set. Rains, He made irregular substitutions

I had a feeling he did. That was messy seeing Cesarini, Berger and Della Lunga in a row.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• De Cecco has been terrible in this match. It seems like he completely lost the plot. Only going to Atanasijevic and such. Going to the middle blockers when you can run the pipe. Not enough variety. Did the winter season froze his nerves again? I'm not sure anymore. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• What happened exactly? Foreigns miscalculation, too much subs...?

I really want to know what happened exactly to Perugia that cause the red card. :rolll: We will find it out in a few minutes anyway. :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• Judging from the replay of the irregular substitution in the first set. I think this is what happened.

1. Cesarini in for Russell
    2. Berger in for Zaytsev
    3. Della Lunga for Anzani?
    4. Della Lunga and Cesarini out for Anzani(Colaci in) and Russell.

So everyone including Bernardi probably forgot Zaytsev or maybe a technical error made it impossible for Zaytsev to be inside the court with Russell and Colaci to keep the foreigner-italian number for Perugia manageable.

Either way... this was a bad substitution nightmare made by Perugia. Cesarini in means no pipe from anyone. Zaytsev out means Berger can neither block or attack plus Cesarini inside means no pipe threat again and that puts Atanasijevic in the worst position lol.

The red card didn't help Perugia because of the late Zaytsev sub. :white: :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• So, we are one day from the last 'first round' match (and with all the teams finally with the same number of matches).
    Even if this standings won't mean anything after all (since the Italian Cup final4 is already defined), I wanna check the ranking considering the various groups ('play off zone', top, bottom...)

Lube - 31 (11 won)
    Perugia - 30 (10 won)
    Modena - 30 (10 won)

Quite solid top three, with many chances to keep their 'top 3' position for the rest of the regular season. Of course they're very close one another so everything can happen between them.
    Lube won vs both of them and in fact it's not a coincidence they're first (despite the straight loss vs Latina), while Perugia lost vs both of them (and both 3-0) but despite that they've had a very clear path so they're second anyway.

Verona - 24 (9 won)
    4th spot secured, they can't go neither up nor down in the last day.
    I guess the idea was to see Trento there, but Verona was definitely considered among the 'right behind the top' teams. And they reach that without the main opposite and with Jaeksche out for a long while, so congrats.

Padova - 20 (6 match won)
    Ravenna - 20 (6 won)
    Piacenza - 19 (7 won)
    8th - Trento - 19 (7 won)
    Milano - 18 (6 won)

Very close quintet. Ravenna lost some position since the brilliant beginning, Padova on the other hand is going up. Also Trento is going up, and the fact there are many teams very close let the hopes open, but on the other hand one wrong match can send you out of the play off zone in a second. About Milano, I expected something more but considering the injuries they overall did a good job.
    Curious that the team at 19 points won 7 matches, and the team at 20 only 6.

If they Italian Cup play off were to be played yet, they would all still have a chance to grab them or being kicked out. Actually last year also the 12th was involved, but imagine how crazy would have been the next day if you needed to be 8th to play the Italian Cup. Putting aside my Trento for a second, I would have love to assist to this last-day battle :box:
    Also considering that none of this 5 teams are crossing each other in the next match, each one would have theoretically risked to be out of play off (for example Ravenna and Padova will have to play vs Perugia and Modena)/had a chance to reach not simply the play off but the even 5th spot.

Monza - 12 (won 4)
    Latina - 12 (won 3)
    Vibo - 9 (won 3)

Runner up. They would obviously be already out from an eventually 8th teams Italian Cup, but they still have some chance to grab the play off in the future. But the battle is very, very hard.
    After all I'm surprised to see Monza ahed of Latina and Vibo. Insane that Latina won just 3 times, but one was vs the top team. And they suffered injuries too.

Castellana - 5 (won 1)
    Sora -3 (won 1)

Relegation zone (even if there isn't relegation), how I'm afraid we were all expecting. Probably a 12 teams Superlega would be enough to guarantee a certain level. Anyway, this year more than ever since I'm following the Superlega having only 8 teams in the play off is a pity, imho.

Next day:
    Trento-Monza
    Modena-Padova
    Piacenza-Verona
    Vibo-Sora
    Ravenna-Perugia
    Latina-Milano
    Castellana-Civitanova

Crossing my finger for a nice outcome for Trento, obviously. It wouldn't be that unlikely to reach the 5th place considering our opponent and Padova, Ravenna and Piacenza opponents, but as always everything can happen, including losing a position (only one, at least :lol: )

• De Cecco's distribution is becoming questionable lately. I hope Bernardi tries Shaw some time as a starter for some games and let De Cecco rest or atleast come from the bench.

#FreeBritney

• I guess I was a foul believing they could have find a way to work together, being all (Stoytchev, Ngapeth, Bruno) great winners... And being at least two of them very professional.

To be truthful, at the moment it's not official that Ngapeth (both Earvin and Swan) skipped the trainings to protest.
    At the same time it seems unlikely that they took two day off with Modena permission, since they were in France in the 2-3 rest days the team had. But as far as we know they may have serious family problem... Not that I believe it, but I can't exclude it either.

On the other hand, on Friday all the team skipped the training because they remained in the changing room to speak together (for more than 4 hours!).
    Plus, it seems Ngapeth didn't appreciate not having a permission to see his son and that his brother didn't play (at least as 'titular') in a friendly match made during a training and organized with the purpose of let the bench plays.

It seems Ngapeth (but I don't know if just him) gave an out-out to the society, him or Stoytchev.

• Inevitable consequences in Modena.
    Ngapeth refused to participate last 2 training sessions. Players wanted resignation of coach Stoytchev.

Ngapeth is a very good player but what does he need to be punished for his stupid behavors? Anyone will punish him? Or do we have to wait until he kills someone by driving under influince or drug or punch someone in the train or club? H is a true talent for sure but this does not cover he is troubled and should be punished. He can go out and say that he wants his coach out because Modena lets him by not doing anything for his previous behavors.

• Very disrespectful indeed. I do understand he misses his family but Ngapeth is only a country away from France and we have how many players from America like Bruno, Maxwell Holt and others having the same problem x 10000 kms and they are still professional about it.

About his brother... Modena already accommodated his requests. I doubt anyone would just waste their funds on a foreign player that plays rarely in official matches if he wasn't his brother. I think Earvin needs to think about that.

I have nothing to comment on Stoytchev. I feel I don't have a full grasp on the situation to make a well-educated opinion about his tenure in Modena.

#FreeBritney

• Bruno and Holt published pro-Ngapeth posts on their social accounts.

On the other hand, Modena communicated that both Ngapeth's on Friday morning announced – to coach first and then society – that they weren't intentioned to continue with Modena Volley (despite their contract to 2020 and the awareness about Modena project). Then they didn't trained.

During the week Ngapeth already received a day off more than the two day offs granted to the rest of the team (I don't know about Swan).

The society is evaluating how to proceed versus them and is intentioned to defend their rights.

On another post on Dal15al25 is suggested the team convinced them to train again, but after all it seems they didn't.

Very nasty situation imho, I'm very disappointed :(
    I can't imagine how Pedrini may feel after all she did for Ngapeth...

• I have to admitt I'm really shocked with N'Gapeth's behaviour despite I admire him like a player. It seems Earvin is having big issues with authority.. Dunno what happenened exactly but I don't get why Bruno and Holt stood by N'Gapeth. Stoychev managed to keep control in Trentino during golden days over the team full of stars so this is a bit surprising...

• I don't know whose fault is it in Modena.. Ngapeth and the other players are saying one thing, while Stoytchev and the society the complete opposite.. somebody is going to be kicked out? It is a pity at least for the team and the league!

• I don't get why Bruno and Holt stood by N'Gapeth

It seems all/most of the team (or at least, of the starting six) is against Rado, so that could explain their position.
    But to be honest – considering that the society is apparently standing by Rado, so he probably hasn't done nothing truly wrong, beside being the 'iron' and pretending coach he is known to be – from such professional players I would expect a different position, or at least silence.

I can understand their personal affection toward Earvin (don't know about Swan) and I would never expect Bruno to be against Earvin, but standing publicly with him means also standing against the coach and so the society they love/loved, and that sounds like a 'betrayal', like they're trying to do a mutiny. I got the impression they're thinking 'ok, if we all stand vs Rado and pro Earvin, to preserve the team they'll have to kick Rado out'.
    I hope I'm damn wrong!

• Kk15

Did u get to read my post before it got deleted??

Well anyways what I posted is that Antanov is probably TOP 5 best OH in the league. He is in the top 10 in almost every fundamental.

Best score
    4# ATA
    9# Antonov
    23#Patch
    27# Russell

Receiver:
    3# Antonov
    35# Russell

Blocker:
    25# Antonov
    80# Russell

Attack:
    9# Antonov
    26# Russell

And guess who is the best blocker and best scoring among all MB? Verhess.

Which means, what is holding Valentia back is their OPP which is the worst OPP in the league, he hits 30% almost every game, if they were to get ride of him they would be much better with a actual good OPP, but he`s lucky that his back up is so young, otherwise he would be sitting on the bench a long time ago.

• @Mathias, my post got deleted for ""off topic" reasons, but It was not off topic, I had a ranking of the best players in the league.

Could you take a look at it please? Because again, my post was not off topic, and I want it back, as I took my time to go the stats list and pull all that together. Or please go ahead and ban my account...and I ask the moderator that deleted my post to ban my account please.

Thank you.

• There's no Earvin. Van Garderen is the titular.

#FreeBritney