Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• No no, Pasini is the one that wrote Hoag had a phisical problem.

I would think very less of Lorenzetti if he let Lanza play just because he pretended it.
    One thing is giving a chance/giving faith to someone, another one is not subbing a player who isn't playing well having a good subs.

• Any news about Abdel-Aziz' injury? Giani still let him play according to reports. :what:

Milano has a difficult fixture ahead of them. Definitely the rest offered to Non CL teams is a benefit for them. Howver, Cebulj has to be 100% for the next matches to compensate for Abdel-Aziz potential underperformance or absence. That could really hurt the team if no one can do that. Cebulj seems to be not at his full level after injuries last year for Slovenia.

Milano seems to be the team with the most bad luck. I applaud Giani's intervention but I sometimes feel he's made some worrying decisions on still playing his injured titulars that might have an impact the team in the long run in my opinion.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don't know if Abdel Aziz is the one that chose to play minimizing the injury or if Giani is the one that forced/asked him to play.
    I simply read that 'he stayed on court'.

Anyway, the MR showed there is a lesion of the abdominal muscles, but it doesn't specify anything about the severity of the lesion and the time required to recover.

Do you think – in case he will be out – that Giani will use one of his OHs ad opposite?

• I don't think it's a good idea. They have no consistent OH in their roster. I don't even think I saw their 4th OH play at all. I could be wrong but it's best to keep them where they are.

Maybe they can let one of their middle blockers play the role?

Did Galassi have any experience playing that role?

I heard Taylor Averill played that position in NCAA but I'm not sure how he will do in this league as an opposite.

...Or Piano? Maybe Vettori taught him a thing or two about his position. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I thought about Averill too when I was writing my first post! :lol:

I don't even recall who is the 4th OH, but the second opposite should be Tondo. But I barely saw him playing and I've no idea how he plays (and I think last year he played as MB?).

• He was too talented to play like shit all season. What a comeback too :obey:

Let's see how long it'll last. The pressure on Vibo Valentia is not that high anymore. They are almost basically out of the playoffs picture unless some kind of miraculous hallelujah gazed its eyes on the club. :white:

Patch has some potential in him but he needs to mature faster. He's not that young and world championship is just less than ten months away.

#FreeBritney

• Giani says he will try to get Abdel-Aziz back for the saturday match vs Piacenza. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• I hope he is ok. Do you think there is pressure for him to play because he could have the highest scoring season of all time?

Allesandro Tondo is the titular for this match. Nimir Abdel-Aziz to stay on the bench...for now.

I have no idea about the scoring record. I really don't think it's important or Nimir would've seen more balls passed to him in the Ravenna game. I think his serve is more important to Milano than his actual scoring(I know serves can lead to ace points too but you know great serve easy blocking) so he probably remained in the game while battling an injury.

#FreeBritney

• I have no idea about the scoring record. I really don't think it's important or Nimir would've seen more balls passed to him in the Ravenna game. I think his serve is more important to Milano than his actual scoring(I know serves can lead to ace points too but you know great serve easy blocking) so he probably remained in the game while battling an injury.

I checked back to 2009/10 and he would have had the most points in a season since then. He might still get the record even with the Ravenna game and missing this one. I agree with you though that his serve is the most dangerous part of his game.

Milano won the first set but I don't see them winning three against Piacenza without Nimir. Anow Sbertoli is out too :sos:

• [Milano won the first set but I don't see them winning three against Piacenza without Nimir. Anow Sbertoli is out too :sos:

Yikes! :aww:

I was hoping Sbertoli is going to become the reserve of Giannelli in the world championship but this multiple injuries in the same season is a concern. :white:

I don't even know what's wrong with Giani. He knows Sbertoli is not totally fine yet but he's overworking him when Angel can still play without the foreign player limit bothering Milano. :down:

#FreeBritney

• I don't even know what's wrong with Giani. He knows Sbertoli is not totally fine yet but he's overworking him when Angel can still play without the foreign player limit bothering MilanoEs

Especially since Angel actually has pretty smooth hands. Cebulj has stepped up like crazy this game, really impressed with his play. Still think Piacenza is going to win in 5, as is their typical fashion.

• I started watching during the third and I wanted to ask you if Sbertoli was playing that bad even with Milano winning, instead I found out he is injured again :( is it the same problem? I read it's ankle this time, and last time was metatarsi in the foot...

• I started watching during the third and I wanted to ask you if Sbertoli was playing that bad even with Milano winning, instead I found out he is injured again is it the same problem? I read it's ankle this time, and last time was metatarsi in the foot...

It looked like it was the ankle this time. He was walking off without too much assistance though so I can't imagine its that bad.

• Can someone ask Fei where he found the elixir of youth? (okay not his physical appearance but his form makes me question Vettori's inclusion in the NT sometimes) :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• Clevenot and Parodi are making too many mistakes from trying to chase glory to missing the lines. :white:

#FreeBritney

• Piacenza played 8 tie breaks, with 6 victories (losses vs Lube and Verona), and 3 of these came after losing 2-0! Not bad!

It's a pity that Milano didn't close the match in the third set (I haven't watched the 4th), a 3 points victory vs Piacenza without Abdel Aziz would have been great.
    Both at the end of the third and in the tie break Fei serves condemned Milano (or Fanuli reception, as you prefer...)

Anyway, Milano in the misfortune is lucky that there's gonna be the Italian Cup pause, so they can calmly 'count the wounded' and hopefully wait for their recovery ;)

• Nice match between Lube and Modena. Holt so far impressive. Christenson is running as much as he can his middles. Pity N'Gapeth isn't playing. Modena misses Sabbia too.