Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• EDIT: the MVP was Urnaut, there was an error in the news.
    I don't remember for how long he signed, sorry (I tried to check but had no luck)

Ps Saturday Sbertoli injured his right ankle, while the previous injury was on the left foot.

• Lanza :white:
    Vettori :gone:

I got this bad feeling though that these two might show up in Coppa Italia and steal the semi final from Perugia. :lol: The contract with Zaytsev, Potke and Atanasijevic are still up in the air. These could hurt us without resolution for that matter. :read:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• ...but this diving set from Colaci to Russell was really awesome!

https://youtu.be/9RXwnpTPNnY from 2:33. :obey:

Colaci is not that influential from the previois matches but this gives me hope Perugia can do some miracles of their own when they absolutely need it. I know it's just Sora but they cause some problems on Perugia after the 1st set. :box:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Relegations are back next season. 2 teams will be relegated. Anyway I can't see teams that can actually afford Superlega. Emma Villas maybe?

I was reading through the league legal documents, and the fee to join is 400,000 euro?! Is that accurate because that seems high for the teams located in smaller towns

• Mengozzi had a foot fracture (scaphoid), he will be out for 4 weeks.

Bahkawdi, I don't know about the amount of the fee to join in, but I found out Argenta has one year of contract.

Any update on Abdel-Aziz and Sbertoli?

#FreeBritney

• Oh fly, I don't know if it was the fact I'm really tired today or what, but I found Castellana-Trento match very boring and poor overall :S

I didn't like Trento in particular, they struggled in many occasions, they covered the block less than the usual very little cover, I don't know, despite the victory I'm not satisfied at all, I hope they were simply focused on the impossible task that awaits them on Saturday...

Today Chiappa was terrible in reception and didn't do anything special in defense, except one good cover, like the only one Trento did :lol:
    I must say in his defense that this is the first time since he's titular that he doesn't play very well, so I will forgive him. Thank God Perugia has so inconsistent server :P

Also Giannelli did more than one imperfection, and I didn't like his serving overall.

What I save? Incredibly for this period, Vettori performance seemed very good to me, at least in attack. Crossing my finger he will keep up until Saturday and hopefully (yeah, I'm an optimist...) Sunday.

• Vettori seemed to be playing much better this match, although I didn't watch the whole thing. Mainly looking forward to the games this weekend. I want to find a good VPN for the games so I can put them on the big screen :win:

Also, I made some hype posters for my Instagram with some key stats on each team if you are interested in checking them out:

Trentino

Modena

Going to do Perugia and Lube the next couple days.

• I feel bad for Kovacevic. He was the MVP in the Verona game but Vettori is on the picture.

:rolll:

It's a very interesting graph though. :heart:

#FreeBritney

• I feel bad for Kovacevic. He was the MVP in the Verona game but Vettori is on the picture.

It's a very interesting graph though.

Haha I didn't even realize I did that :rolll: Poor Kovacevic. Honestly, I just did players that I could find a good picture of :whistle:

I tried to show some stats that would give a broad overview of the strengths and weaknesses of each team. Some of them you won't find anywhere else ;)

• I'm not sure what's wrong with Lanza but the improved performance by Vettori even if just against weaker teams is nothing short of a great timing for Trento in the coming Coppa Italia.

#FreeBritney

• Do you know why media is so against Vettori? After Zaytsev was kicked out of the team and Vettori took his place, some of the Italian media turned against Vettori :whistle: I'm hoping this Saturday he will give a big lesson to all his haters. Forza Luca! Forza Trentino! :P

• Do you know why media is so against Vettori? After Zaytsev was kicked out of the team and Vettori took his place, some of the Italian media turned against Vettori :whistle: I'm hoping this Saturday he will give a big lesson to all his haters. Forza Luca! Forza Trentino! :P

Becuase Zaytsev saved italian asses countless times, just think about the OGs semifinale against the USA Team, while Vettori did it just once (his lifetime match).