Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• Trento 2 blocks only!! And it was 4 the last match in France...
    Verona 15, 8 vs Uros :what: (5 by Jaeschke)

On the other hand, only one ace for Verona (vs 10, 3 each by Eder and Kozamernick)

Quite poor attack % for both, but especially for Trento (39% with 17 errors and 15 blocked, vs 43% but with only 7 errors and 2 blocked).
    In Trento only Kozamenrick (64% on 14 sets, no errors nor blocked) and Teppan (44%, 2 errors and 4 blocks) get over 40%, in Verona everybody except Birarelli, but the wings didn't go over 45%.

• Milano (barely) won the first vs Modena even with a totally useless Abdel Aziz, I'm not even sure he did put down a single ball, I only remember him being blocked or digged...

I haven't watched many Verona matches, but in these day I wouldn't doubt for one second which setter chose between Sbertoli and Spirito: Sbertoli.
    Wonderful sets to the MBs unlike often Spirito, better serve, better digs, more precise...

Piacenza clearly won the first set vs Live (25-16), then was completely smashed in the second.

• Welp. Ravenna is playing great although they are in a near-state of choking like in the first match. They took 2 sets from perugia's one. I hope Perugia takes this in the tiebreak. They don't need this headache with the CL this close.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Piacenza clearly won the first set vs Live (25-16), then was completely smashed in the second.

And the third, both ended 11-25 for Lube.
    And now won again, 22-25 from 22-22 and 20-18 for Lube.

On the other hand Modena is dominating Milano in the third set, with a great Sabbi in every compartment, defense included.
    Now Sbertoli is out but I would still vote for him :P

• Ugh! The scoreline is slowly being updated! I thought Perugia had a 3 pt lead and it turned out we don't have it anymore. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I have a feeling if Ravenna didn't use up all their challenges... they might've won the match in that fourth set. On to the tiebreak.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• What was Bernardi thinking of substituting Potke with Dore even though the former is Perugia's most efficient server? :white:

#FreeBritney

• Wow!!
    Congrats Ravenna!! I was afraid the lost their huge chance to win not closing at the 4th set after evening the game at 22-22 despite they were losing 13-19 and after all the match points they had... but they did it!!

It's incredibile how the 1st vs 8th place ended up being as equilibrated ad the 4th vs 5th, and less than the other two quarters!

Congrats to Modena as well, great game, even if I expected something more from Milano :(

• Ugh. This is just too bothersome. Can't believe Perugia almost got taken down from the scudetto race if Ravenna won the first match.

Congrats Ravenna. Awesome block and defense to keep your season alive in superlega

#FreeBritney

• I guess for this final match between Verona and Trento... The team with the most mental strength will win. It's hard to tell with how close the level of these teams are to each other although I see more potential in Verona to improve than I do with Trentino. I guess Grbic needs to be more assertive in my opinion. Lorenzetti is a very experienced coach so we have to factor that in this game as I feel Grbic is too safe with his changes and that might hurt Verona because this team is still relatively new compared to Trentino.

#FreeBritney

• Yes!!! :D
    Great match by Trento, one of the best of the season for sure. Despite Verona played well the first two set, Trento always gave me the impression to be in control of the match.

Lanza MVP without doubt for me, probably his best match of the season or among these. Great job also by Kovacevic and Giannelli, well done by the MBs and De Pandis. Vetto bad in the first, then got better with a lot of help by Simo. Chiappa the only one that played so and so imho.

So, despite all the difficulties, after all now Trento reached his minumum goal in each competition (Italian Cup final4, 4th place in RS, play off 6 in CL, Scudetto semifinal).
    Let's see if we will incredibily do something more than our standard... but it's gonna be really really hard.

• That phase of the second set when both teams had continuous serving errors killed Ravenna's rhythm.

I agree with Scarpetta. Orduna's not using Buchegger more. It's true the block is on him but if he can't be a threat then the OHs will suffer being locked down in out of system situations. He probably forgot they won the last encounter with his usage rate with incredible numbers.. It's probably too late to change the distribution but Ravenna had to lessen the errors on the serve to actually have a chance to win first.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Are we watching the same match? Buchegger is dead in già feet. Orduna overused him and forgot his best spiker (Poglajen and the middles). Goi in keeping them alive, playing amazing in defence.

• Not sure if it's been discussed before, but what happened to Russell?

I don't know which part but he has some muscle pain. In the Halkbank CL match he looked uncomfortable and irritable while playing so he probably is still recovering from that.

#FreeBritney