Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• Strange choice of rotation for Medei.

Starting with the most inconsitent server that is Sokolov and basically putting him in backrow, Sander starts in front without the opposite. :what:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Sander is playing terribly but that was a bad substitution by Medei. I think Kovar would have help in the block more than in the backline.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• In this match, Perugia has no clear MVP. Everyone is playing great.

#FreeBritney

• This referee is sharp with just few mistakes in officiating.:obey:

#FreeBritney

• And now De Cecco is forgetting he has Russell. :white:

#FreeBritney

• Lol we got away with a win. :drink:

I think that was lucky. Medei was stupid in set 1 for choosing Sokolov to serve first and putting Sander all alone in the front as the wing spiker. What's worst was Russell got free attacking because Sokolov's in the backline so the block on him was not as good as it was on the latter sets when Medei changed the rotation to one that actually makes the most sense. That helped build Perugia's momentum.

#FreeBritney

• I'm speechless about Russell's spiking skills: he's amazing. I hope he can improve is shape for the next match, 'cause he can jump even more. He was kinda amazing tonight.

• I'm also impressed with Zaytsev. Some of those defense were something you never thought he'll do and the serve and block was critical on shutting down Sokolov even with the average attack scored. He's the MVP of the match and I agree.

I'm glad Atanasijevic improved. Still some mistakes on the defensive end but atleast the attack is back.

De Cecco would have been my unanimous MVP if not for his scary decisions he made in the fourth set. It almost went to the tiebreak because he forgotten Russell. :white:

I think Colaci could've been better but he was spectacular in some rallies of the match.

#FreeBritney

• How is Zaytsev MVP? :lol: You guys(including journalists) are forcing too much to make him the MVP.
    Today De Cecco was the clear MVP , followed by Atanasijevic (who scored all the important points) Fourth set MVP was clearly Kovar, who was in full trolling mode. He got aced by 4 or 5 times.
    Christenson wasted another great performance of Juantorena .This guy is in love with Sokolov ,there is no other explanation for his choices.
    The biggest difference between this 2 teams is setter position.

• How is Zaytsev MVP? :lol: You guys(including journalists) are forcing too much to make him the MVP.
    Today De Cecco was the clear MVP , followed by Atanasijevic (who scored all the important points) Fourth set MVP was clearly Kovar, who was in full trolling mode. He got aced by 4 or 5 times.
    Christenson wasted another great performance of Juantorena .This guy is in love with Sokolov ,there is no other explanation for his choices.

I heavily disagree with you here. Zaytsev was the most consistent player of Perugia in win and loss of each set. Break points aligned, he has the most among Perugia players. I usually don't care about Zaytsev but he's evolved a lot in so many ways and his value as a player is now more visible to the naked eye than even before atleast for me.

I thought Christenson played well and in my opinion better than De Cecco. Sander was just terrible and Kovar was worse. Sokolov was okay considering Sander was not himself. Any decent setter would give the ball to the opposite when he's OH in front can't deal with the block. Juantorena would've been MVP if they actually won.

In my opinion, Medei's choices was what made Lube lose the game.

That set 1 choice to start Sokolov at the service line was a blessing for Perugia and especially Russell who had a hell of an opportunity to destroy Lube's block. Sokolov is the best wing blocker in Superlega. Why would you move him far back and let the best Perugia left side hitter not meet with your best blocker? That was beyond stupid. :white:

#FreeBritney

Edited 3 times, last by Rains ().

Don't pay much attention to this Rains individual, according to him/her De Cecco never ever plays a completely good match.

If I only read his/her opinions then De Cecco would be the worst setter in the league lol. It's hilarious really, how much can you hate such a great player?

• I think the struggles of Sokolov against Kazan and Perugia are no coincidence. Both teams have tall and good blocking OHs (Anderson,Leon vs Zaytsev, Russell). Since his favourite shot is parallel shot ,he can't comfortably use it against tall OHs. This brings outs and blocked shots.
    I think in the next game ,Perugia will focus more on Juantorena , this makes Sander the most critical player.

• I think the struggles of Sokolov against Kazan and Perugia are no coincidence. Both teams have tall and good blocking OHs (Anderson,Leon vs Zaytsev, Russell). Since his favourite shot is parallel shot ,he can't comfortable use it against tall OHs. This brings outs and blocked shots.
    I think in the next game ,Perugia will focus more on Juantorena , this makes Sander the most critical player.

I agree Sander will be the most critical player of Lube. If he's in his best form, his bic attacks are almost unstoppable.

I'm still disappointed with Sander for this season though. I really thought Lube would have the best year again with this guy but it seems that Medei doesn't know how to use him. I think this can be attributed with Lube having the weakest MBs of the top 4 superlega teams which makes him a marked player. In the USA, they have Max Holt and Davids Lee and Smith. Lube have Cester, Candellaro and the aging Stankovic. ;(

Russell imo is an average blocker in terms of kill blocks. Even Berger is better than him but I agree that his length of 205cm can still be troublesome for most opposites.

#FreeBritney

• Kovar has physical problems according to Pasini.

#FreeBritney

• Lube wants Modena to pay them 100 000 euros to break the pre-contractual agreement that spurred the Bruno-Christenson trade.

This is embarrassing on the part of Modena. This whole ordeal is just one black comedy that never fails to deliver. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• Perugia's block defense is very good tonight.

Also, after a tumultous passing in the first part of the first set, Russell is now doing very well at reception. Now it's Zaytsev shanking the passes though.

#FreeBritney

• Great dig from Russell and great attack from Zaytsev.

Nice defense from Max.

Lube has woke up though.

#FreeBritney