Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• MVP of the season and Finals Atanasijevic... next season Perugia is winning again...and they will win CL as well.... ATA and Leon will be the best duo in the World. Too bad Zaytsev won`t stay ..... maybe they just need to find a good defensively OH such as Lanza...

Lanza would be terrible and probably be very expensive. There's Parodi and Antonov. That could help in the reception and with less disastrous serve in my opinion.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Last year in CL semifinal, probably this year in CL, in Supercoppa final, in Coppa Italia final and now in League Final , it was all about choking of Juantorena. Today , like in all big matches ,he was too CUBAN!
    He must thank Kaziyski and Soytchev for all those MVPs because if it was not Kaziyski , we won't win anything (other than last year's chhmpionship)

• Last year in CL semifinal, probably this year in CL, in Supercoppa final, İn Coppa Italia final and now in League Fınal , it was all about choking of Juantorena. Today , like in all big matches ,he was too CUBAN!
    He must thank Kaziyski and Soytchev for all those MVPs because if it was not Kaziyski , we won't win anything (other than last year's chhmpionship)

Juantorena's instagram war probably got himself into trouble more than he should. You could tell so many errors he has made that he wouldn't do normally. Pressure probably got to him instead of focusing on what's in the court and not the outside of his job.

i still think that Randazzo requesting a loan transfer to Padova and Medei making too many careless choices killed their domestic season. They have the strongest bench and titulars but the lack of perception when either the Sander-Candellaro or Kovar-Stankovic duo are not working for him. Randazzo moving away from Lube hurt their change. It's possible we could see Randazzo-Sander-Stankovic play with this lineup but it didn't happen.

I think whoever made the decision to hire Sander and Randazzo at the same time should be fired. Randazzo wanted playing time but Lube deciding to aim too high for the skies forgot that players also have feelings that you can never make up with a championship cup. That was a short-sighted decision that change the course of Lube's fate in this season.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Congratulations Perugia!! Completely deserved trophy.. they proved to be superior, also thanks to their home court. Their best weapon was the serve: Ata, Zaytsev, Potke and also Berger were hitting really hard! They made few mistakes and caused a lot of damages in Lube' reception..I was surprised, usually in men's volleyball there are a lot of service mistakes but Perugia and Ata in particular were on fire! Great game, great year and the effort is payed back :super:

• Russell was also good with those aces that came from the last part of the first set. Very lucky in my opinion. That probably change the tide. if they lost that set, nobody knows what will come up and home advantage could be useless.

A shame Russell had to play bench after that. Considering Lube's breakdown they would still probably win with him in the court. Berger made a good performance though. It stabilized the team when they needed it.

Bernardi outcoached Medei in my opinion. Medei is too soft. I know no one likes Blengini in this forum but he would have yelled at everyone if they are committing all these silly mistakes. Bernardi doesn't always do that but there's something in him that makes you believe you would win. I guess it is with the way he waves his finger to make a point. :gone: Medei just doesn't have any way to stress what's important and he doesn't even use his time out right.

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains ().

• Rains: I didn't understand too why Russell was benched too.. he wasn't shining that's true, but he was doing his good things. He could have come back at least.. anyway the team won and that was it, Berger was solid, I liked him!

• Rains: I didn't understand too why Russell was benched too.. he wasn't shining that's true, but he was doing his good things. He could have come back at least.. anyway the team won and that was it, Berger was solid, I liked him!

I think everyone struggled in reception, not just Russell. Putting Berger in probably confused the Lube servers because they don't have any second plan to give it to.

Anyway, It all came down to Lube's mistakes. They probably could have won the game 3-0 if those second division mistakes weren't made in the most crucial moment of the set. Seriously seeing Juantorena netting a first ball chance attack was just uncharacteristic of him. He's usually a clutch player. I am still stunned :white: and (secretly pleased :gone: ).

#FreeBritney

• MVP: Atanasijevic......... :rose: :super: :teach: :box: :heart: :flower: :cup:

Earning his team their first Scudetto... writing his name in the club history...I`m so proud of him.. He`s already a legend for Perguia fan`s. I`m happy for Zaytsev ( good luck in the CEV cup next season lol). Finally De Cecco won something.

• MVP: Atanasijevic......... :rose: :super: :teach: :box: :heart: :flower: :cup:

Earning his team their first Scudetto... writing his name in the club history...I`m so proud of him.. He`s already a legend for Perguia fan`s. I`m happy for Zaytsev ( good luck in the CEV cup next season lol). Finally De Cecco won something.

It's CL or CEV Cup. I'm not sure if Trento have the money to afford even Zaytsev's hair. :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• Very very deserved victory for Perugia!! Congrats!!! :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Medei should use Sander Candelarro.

Imho Kovar was by far the best Lube player on court yesterday, as always when it matters for the Scudetto... but this time it wasn't enough.

De Cecco not giving the last balls to Atanasijevic was a great decision. I'm glad he switched it up to Zaytsev. De Cecco should be the MVP of the final of it's not Atanasijevic.

I agree!

Rains: I didn't understand too why Russell was benched too.. he wasn't shining that's true, but he was doing his good things. He could have come back at least.. anyway the team won and that was it, Berger was solid, I liked him!

I think you gave the key to understand the sub: I guess Bernardi felt the team was more solid with Berger in...

I'm not sure if Trento have the money to afford even Zaytsev's hair.

:lol:

• It's 3 Italians of 7 players (libero included).

So you can have 2 Italians when the libero is covering for an italian MBs (like Zaytsev and Colaci only Italians on court when Anzani is out)

• There are rumours that Zaytsev will stay. I'm not sure how they will continue this with Atanasijevic signing a contract until 2020 and with Leon on the horizon. I guess Russell will leave?

Unless,.. Sirci finds a way to have Leon, Russell, Atanasijevic and Zaytsev, that would be the strongest club in Europe, no doubt.

#FreeBritney

• so can you have 5 foreign players on court at the same time?

No.The maximum is 4 foreigners+2 italians(with the condition the libero is also an italian outside the court.)

#FreeBritney

• No, maximum 4 foreign (for Perugia, Atanasjievic, De Cecco, Podke, Russell/Berger).

@Rain: if Zaytsev stays (it seems Sirci said they'll close before the CL final4...), I think it's highly probable that Russell will leave, but I guess Berger may stay.

• No, maximum 4 foreign (for Perugia, Atanasjievic, De Cecco, Podke, Russell/Berger).

@Rain: if Zaytsev stays (it seems Sirci said they'll close before the CL final4...), I think it's highly probable that Russell will leave, but I guess Berger may stay.

They say Berger is going to Milan, I'm not sure about Zaytsev with his desire to become an opposite. That could clash with Atanasijevic too.

#FreeBritney

• According to the rumors Leon is coming to replace Russell. The club wouldn't let him go, but it's the second season he has many minor injuries that limitated his performance. Yesterday for example it seems like he still had some shoulder problems. Not to mention he keeps going on with that big protection on the knee. As you could see, he was really struggling physically during the play-offs... It seems he may leave, but he could stay too. It depends on Zaytsev and his choice too.

• According to the rumors Leon is coming to replace Russell. The club wouldn't let him go, but it's the second season he has many minor injuries that limitated his performance. Yesterday for example it seems like he still had some shoulder problems. Not to mention he keeps going on with that big protection on the knee. As you could see, he was really struggling physically during the play-offs... It seems he may leave, but he could stay too. It depends on Zaytsev and his choice too.

Agreed. i saw his training in some videos of Perugia social media accounts and he's still not close to his vertical and he lost some weight judging with his pictures recently.

At this point of the year, with the VNL/World Championship so close we will never know what the other players are thinking. It's hard to go all out physically anymore. I wish he will stay but the playoffs is not nice with the schedule of FIVB and I have a feeling most american players probably value the national team tournaments more than they do for the club. It's just a hunch of mine.

#FreeBritney