Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• Lanza starts over Kovacevic? :what:

So it is a Lanza-Hoag duo?

Maybe they are still resting Uros. He probably still has that previous injury bothering him.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• He's uncharacteristically killing the pipe than in the front still.

I didn't understand, do you mean he is killing the pipe better than the attack from zone 4?
    If yes, I don't think it's strange for him, it's actually quite normal imho...

So it is a Lanza-Hoag duo?

Maybe they are still resting Uros. He probably still has that previous injury bothering him.

Obviously (except for Shame that consider Lanza a crap player :P) Trentino starting duo is Lanza-Kovacevic, so the question should be 'Hoag starts over Kovacevic?'
    Uros had muscular problems lately, I guess they chose to use him only for the most important match among the last 3 (the Italian Cup quarterfinals).

Lube-Ravenna won't be played today because a fan had some problem – I think an heart attack or similar – before the match began.
    It's still unknown when it's going to be played.

• From the previous season...only the good pipe attackers from Perugia were Russell and maybe Berger so I am quite surprised at Ivan.

His hitting in front still needs improvement is not a surprise but the improvement on his pipe attack is apprreciated. Now he's getting there. At the very least he is now scoring more from attacks than he does from services and blocks.

Edit: Now I feel bad about myself getting irritated with the delay. RIP to the fan and the family. ;(

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• What the hell happen to Modena?

Modena ended up winning the set and the game but that was a scary run from Sora.

#FreeBritney

• Unfortunately I think the fan died

Yes, it was confirmed :(
    That's very sad ;(

only the good pipe attackers from Perugia were Russell and maybe Berger so I am quite surprised at Ivan.

True, in fact I often 'complained' the little used they did of Ivan about the pipe, it was his best spike when he was OH the previous time...

Verona makes me angry. Only Birarelli is trying to do something.They are all playing individually , nothing for the team

I didn't watch neither the match vs Modena nor the match vs Perugia, but I must say I'm quite disappointed by Verona, the results said they were practically unable to put a fight on vs these two teams... I can't believe it's all opponents credit, even if Modena and Perugia are great team and they're playing very well, especially the latter.
    Ok, Djuric is missing, but still...

• Is Ishikawa still injured?

I think among everyone in Latina he has the best serve. He is probably better than Maruotti but if he is injured then that's unfortunate.

Lol can't believe Latina sent a big portion of their serve to the libero of the new team. That's not something you do if you want to win no matter how "weak" the team you are playing. lol

Oh and does anyone know when Ravenna and Civitanova delayed match will be played?

#FreeBritney

• Verona can be judged just on the long run IMHO.

Too many new faces, almost the whole roster.

I absolutely agree that they can't be judged now (as many teams, including my Trento), but I was quite disappointed that they failed to trouble both Modena and Perugia. They were both presented as 'big matches' but they definitely didn't feel like it...

Oh and does anyone know when Ravenna and Civitanova delayed match will be played?

No news so far...

I don't know about Ishikawa as well.

• QPL: I agree that Verona can be judged only in the future, considering the new roster and that Djuric is out. Anyway I sincerely expected a little bit more from them, they surrended without even playing against Modena and Perugia. I can't see how they can reach that level.

Really a sad news the one coming from Macerata. Rip ;(

• Perugia had a bad start. Clevenot put some pressure to the passing backline. It did not help that Zaytsev was started in the front so you know what happened. But when Russell rotated in front everyone played much better and Zaytsev started serving bombs and killing the pipe. Atanasijevic played great. I think Zaytsev needs to attack much bettee in front. Even his opposite attack is struggling but the pipe worked well foe him.

Got a feeling Russell will start in front for the second set.

Edit: And he did.

#FreeBritney

• Trento first set nothing special (I missed the first 10 point though), and the advantages despite being long (it ended 30-28) weren't that thrilling: Trento wasted many opportunities to get ahed from the service line and left an easy block-cover fall, Ravenna did few bad errors wasting set points like touching the 3 meters or 9 meters line (but I must say Trento had merits in most of Ravenna canceled set points, Vettori the at least the first 2 for example).

• That again. Every time Zaytsev plays righside hitter/passer. Perugia is playing horrible. Clevenot ssrving again.

#FreeBritney

• Hoag instead of Kovacevic (still muscular problems), the liberos are De Pandis (reception) and Chiappa (defense).

Terrible terrible set by us from that serve run of Buchegger... Of course also with Ravenna merits, but Obviously I see more Trento problems.
    Also Orduna had a very long serve run, but not that impressive.

25-15... and the start was 4-7 for Trento. 8 point vs 21...

• That was an unfortunate net/antenna touch from Parodi and the israeli opposite. Perugia takes the 2nd set. Aaron being in front give them that chance and nice serving from Zaytsev again.

#FreeBritney