Other European leagues 2017-2018

• After surprisingly (or maybe not that much) losing the Montenegrin title last season for the first time in years, Budvanska Rivijera Budva ceased its existence :S The official reason was the financial inability to maintain the team. We remember some mysterious foreigners playing for the club in the past 2 years, I don't know, though, if it has (in)directly led to the outcome.

• After surprisingly (or maybe not that much) losing the Montenegrin title last season for the first time in years, Budvanska Rivijera Budva ceased its existence :S The official reason was the financial inability to maintain the team. We remember some mysterious foreigners playing for the club in the past 2 years, I don't know, though, if it has (in)directly led to the outcome.

I was writing about that a few months ago. Their chairman, Marović, was detained due financial malversation therefore club funding is cut. Most of the players left team even before last season end, they also lost Cup finals. In general their funding was "corrupted" as budget wasn't set officialy. MNE league is very weak, I would say amateur, so interest of sponsors doesnt exit at all.

• Greek cup F4

PAOK-Olympiakos 17:00

http://webtv.ert.gr/ert2-live/

Iraklis-Panathinaikos 20:00

http://webtv.ert.gr/ert2-live/

They didnt gave tickets to the teams because they afraid riots from the supporters....The truth is that they didnt want PAOK fans in the stadium...

• QPL
    Glory days of the Greek volley are gone.....

Olympiakos-PAOK 2-3 (25-19, 22-25, 25-19, 22-25, 08-15)

Iraklis-Panathinaikos 3-2 (32-34, 17-25, 36-34, 32-30, 15-10)

Final
    PAOK-Iraklis 17:00

• Glory days, not the tradition.

Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, PAOK and so on are names known all over the world, just like Fenerbahce, Galatasaray and Besiktas. ;)

• :thumbup: :drink:

PAOK-Olympiakos

Hi, I'm new here. Been following this forum for a while, just joined. Good to see another Greek here, hopefully we'll have a lot to say about the upcoming league finals as well as the NT.

First of all kudos to PAOK as they just beat 3-0 Iraklis and they won the cup. Iraklis-Panathinaikos was an amazing game yesterday, couldn't catch it unfortunately but just saw the scoreline. Iraklis looked pretty tired and they lost Armenakis with an injury in the first set which minimized their small chances of making a surprise. PAOK were superior and deserved to win.

Btw do you follow the NT?

• Hello Nikos welcome!
    Only PAOK... :D

Final

PAOK-Iraklis 3-0 25-18, 25-16, 25-18

OoInfLhRmEo&t=45s

MVP Koumentakis(For me the mvp of the final was Uchikov 23 points 21/31 2 blocks)

second semi yesterday

MZ3KcU2-roc

• Having resurrected their volleyball department after 23 years last summer, Sporting Lisbon have now been crowned Portuguese champions. Results of the final play-offs:

01/05/18 | Sporting CP 3 - 2 SL Benfica 25-19 | 19-25 | 22-25 | 25-17 | 16-14
    29/04/18 | SL Benfica 3 – 1 Sporting CP 25-23 | 25-18 | 19-25 | 25-19
    22/04/18 | Sporting CP 3 – 2 SL Benfica 25-20 | 24-26 | 25-19 | 18-25 | 15-13
    21/04/18 | Sporting CP 3 – 0 SL Benfica 25-19 | 25-20 | 25-21
    14/04/18 | SL Benfica 3 – 0 Sporting CP 25-21 | 25-23 | 25-18

Miguel Maia, 47 now, former beach volleyball international, is the starting setter of the team! In the roster there are Garrett Muagututia and Angel Dennis (40 years old). Ivan Marquez is also listed, I don't know if he plays there, judging from the limited video sources on YouTube, as well as Liberman Agamez. I only read about Marquez and Agamez, Muagututia and Dennis can be seen on the video here:

YM2jYvwxzv4

It is a cool story! Congrats to Sporting and welcome to the volleyball family to another illustrious club.

• Canadian volleyball legend.:obey: I watched them play against Ravenna in the cev challenge cup at was surprised to see him there

Brazilian OH Ary also played in Benfica. Does anyone know if he was titular or backup?!

• does anyone know if joão miguel josé MB is still playing?

No, he doesn't play anymore. Don't ask me when he quit, I can't remember. He is the head coach of the Portuguese team Fonte Bastardo from the Azores islands. Here is the proof, they played in the Challenge Cup this year: stats team picture