South American Championship 2011

• This score is not quite beautiful, at least not as beautiful as their live cam Q&A :)

• :obey: :obey: Thanks for scores!

• This score is not quite beautiful, at least not as beautiful as their live cam Q&A :)

HAHAHAHA too baaaad I missed it but it was really really late here and I went to sleep quite early. but I'm watching it now. :D

anyway it was supposed to be a more difficult match this one against Venezuela but they only had difficulties in the first set! good good :D

ah:

Argentina: De Cecco (5), Pereyra ( 8 ); Crer (9), Solé (14); Conte (15), Quiroga ( 8 ). Líbero: González (1). DT: Javier Weber.
    Venezuela: Páez (1), Piñerúa (15); Arias (5), Escobar (3); Contreras (13), Chourio (10). Líbero: Mata. DT: Gilberto Herrera. Entraron: Brito, Rodríguez, Arteaga, Enríquez.

Gonzalez scored a point :lol:

• Brazil: Wallace Martins (10), Murilo (3), Rodrigo Santana ( 8 ), Lucas Saatkamp (5), Marlon (2), Dante Amaral (6), Sergio (L), Bruno Rezende (2), Sidao (3), Theo Lopes (5), Thiago Alves (6)
    Colombia: Jiménez (3), Ambuila (2), Herrera (2), Mosquera (7), Venegas (3), Viáfara (2), Quiroz (L), Mosquena (6), Rivas, Rentería, Salamanca

Paraguay: Gaona José (7), Bogado (1), Riveros (6), Gaona Jorge (2), Ortiz (6), Gamarra (4), Brizuela (L) , Pankratz, Jorgee (3), Martínez Sinforiano, Mendoza (2)
    Chile: Grimalt Rafael (2), Parraguirre Tomás (10), Parraguirre Matías ( 8 ), Parraguirre Vicente (14), Gevert (15), Giuria (7), Papagallo (L), Bonicic

These guys are brothers?

• That's pretty much the tone of the thing. Can't coment on the argentinian results, but must be quite similar.

In these 4 first matches, Brazil's matches weren't very interesting. Uruguay and Paraguay have very low level. There was no need for those two teams to be in the championship. Brazil struggled against Chile, whose level is slightly better, but not much. I see, by the scores, that Argentina also struggled against Chile. But that doesn't mean Chile is any good. Very short guys, some very young and a few overweight. But lots and lots of serve errors make you go there. Against Colombia it was a bit different, cause Colombia is clearly a step ahead of those other teams. They're probably gonna get the bronze medal, for beating Venezuela. And even so, after a rocky start, Brazil managed to win quite easily, playing better than the Chile match, for instance. Haven't seen Venezuela play, but I imagine they can't give Brazil any more troubles than Colombia did.

So that's that. As you guys said before, not a very interesting tournament... :whistling: Let's just hope the final match can somehow make up for that.

• Argentina won 3-0 against Paraguay, another time with their reserves (wish I could have seen it :(((( ) and qualified for the World Cup :)

Argentina-Paraguay (25-18, 25-16, 25-20)
    Argentina: 2 Castellani (9), 3 Blanco (5), 4 Ocampo (11), 5 Uriarte (7), 11 Solé (7), 17 Giustiniano (13), 16 Alexis González (Líbero) Entrenador: Javier Weber
    Paraguay: 5 Gaona José (5), 8 Bogado, 9 Riveros (4), 10 Gaona Jorge (5), 14 Ortiz (3), 17 Gamarra (3), 1 Brizuela (Líbero) Entrenador: Carlos Heyn Entraron: 2 Pankratz, 3 Jorgee, Martínez Sinforiano (6), Mendoza (1)

Colombia - Chile 2-3 (25-22, 26-24, 26-28, 20-25, 12-15)

Venezuela - Uruguay 3-0 (14-25, 22-25, 13-25)

:) Brasil hasn't played today, so they will qualify for sure tommorow (..not that we have any doubts :lol: )

can't wait for Sunday :lol:

• WHAAAAAAAAAT? I didn't know that. ALL the matches in streaming? I'll go crazy :white: :wall:

In streaming and without italian commentary :wall:

And no chance to see the macth with somone else :aww:

we need to find someone with Sky... And I'll probably kill Lorenzo Dallari that is keeping saying "I'm proud to say that Sky will broadcast the matches in exclusive". And they say they want to spread volleyball and involved many people :pinch:

. And I'll probably kill Lorenzo Dallari that is keeping saying "I'm proud to say that Sky will broadcast the matches in exclusive".

-_____- I don't REALLY GET IT. I love Antinelli's comments because he's really passionate about this sport and everything, for sure on Sky there will be someone else (I don't really know who, since I don't have Sky lol). And those ones who have Sky can watch RaiSport, what's their problem? nothing changes for them, BUT FOR US IT DOES. A LOT of people don' have it and that's how they think more people will watch this sport? :what:

Michi if you think about it we know someone with Sky... :lol: but the problem is that the matches will be at weird times since it is in Japan.. well, we'll see.

anyway, I hope someone will give me a streaming for Brasil-Argentina tomorrow, I was trying to find one for Brasil's match now, I was curious to see something, but I can't find anything... :/

• Michi if you think about it we know someone with Sky... but the problem is that the matches will be at weird times since it is in Japan.. well, we'll see.

yes I thought that too! :P

But in effect I didn't realized that the timetable will be so hard for us that I probably will be able to follow only few matches in any case :pinch: But in Rai they would have give some replay probably... :( ps I think Zorzi commented on Sky.

Coming back to the real topic of this thread, anything on fromsport for Brazil macthes? I tought there were streaming channels of ESPN..

• Brazil - Venezuela 3:0 25/14 , 25/15, 27/25

Brazil: Marlon, Wallace, Sidão, Lucas, Murilo e Dante Serginho Bruno and Theo

Venezuela: Paez, Pinuera, Contreras, Chorio, Arias e Escobar, Mata and Arteaga

• Holy crap, I didn't knew, that Brazil played moment ago, I was looking for any live broadcast but match ended.
    I hate myself sometimes.

• Brazil just beated Venezuela. The game wasn't pretty. Brazil won the first two sets (-14, -15) pretty easily, but had a real hard time in the third set (-25). Lots of reception mistakes, block wasn't very consistent. But what seemed more odd was the second set, as bizarre as can be. Venezuela started with 4-0. During the set, they got completely confused because of the positioning on court, and they gave 5 points (that's what I counted, maybe it was more) just for mistaking the positioning on court. Very unusual.

Though it's not easy to keep concentration, Brazil's not playing very well. So, if they play like this tomorrow, I'm positive Argentina has a shot. However, it seems, only cause of the scores, that Argentina is also struggling to beat these weaker teams, so at this point, we can't really tell. I just hope it is a good leveled match.

About the streamings, for our fellow international users, I don't really know any, and usually other brazilian users come up with those. But if I find something before tomorrow's match, I promise to share.

• During the set, they got completely confused because of the positioning on court, and they gave 5 points (that's what I counted, maybe it was more) just for mistaking the positioning on court. Very unusual.

:what: :aww:

That's insane, even kids don't do that.

But I read that once last year Piacenza in one set gave many "position-points" to the opponents, because someone of the staff (I don't know exactly who), wrote a different line up. If I'm not wrong he exchanged MBs with OHs. May be it happened smth like this, otherwise it would be a real shame. A NT making such mistakes 5 times in a set without a determinate reason is unbelievable ?(

So, neither Argentina nor Brazil lost even a set so far, and both are already sure of being in Japon for the WC.