SEMIFINALS (Held at the Rec Hall on the Penn State Campus), May 5th
    ( Seed ) TEAM - TEAM ( Seed )
    ( 45 ) - Brigham Young (BYU) ( 1 )
    ( 36 ) - UCLA ( 2 )

FINAL (Held at the Rec Hall on the Penn State Campus), May 7th
    ( ) - ( )

Participating Teams
    1. Brigham Young (BYU) Cougars (26-3, MPSF Champions and 3 time NCAA champions)
    2. UCLA Bruins (25-6, At-Large Bid and 19 time NCAA champions)
    3. Ohio State Buckeyes (28-2, MIVA Champions and 1 time NCAA champions)
    4. Long Beach State 49ers (24-7, At-Large Bid and 1 time NCAA champions)
    5. Erskine Flying Fleet (20-6, Conference Carolinas Champions)
    6. George Mason (18-11, EIVA Champions, first EIVA title since 1988 and last NCAA tournament appearance)

• FINAL FOUR TOURNAMENT
    QUARTERFINALS (Held at the Rec Hall on the Penn State Campus), May 3rd
    ( 4 ) Long Beach State 3 - 0 Erskine ( 5 ) (25-14, 27-25, 25-20)
    ( 3 ) Ohio State 3 - 1 George Mason ( 6 ) (22-25, 25-21, 25-20, 25-21)

( 4 ) Long Beach State - Brigham Young (BYU) ( 1 )
    ( 3 ) Ohio State - UCLA ( 2 )

( ) - ( )

• Hey brahmin, thank you for updating :thumbup:

Could you give some links, especially for rewatching some matches? I probably won't be able to attend a live stream. And are there any players who we should watch in special? I mean "biggest talents", who we might see soon in US NT or in professionnal (european) leagues?

Thanks in advance :drink:

Could you give some links, especially for rewatching some matches? I probably won't be able to attend a live stream. And are there any players who we should watch in special? I mean "biggest talents", who we might see soon in US NT or in professionnal (european) leagues?

I've been following NCAA and there are few names that to watch out for. For me here are some:

BYU - Ben Patch sophomore (opp) superb attacker and can jump super high
    UCLA - Micah MA'a freshman (setter/opp) pretty all around but i think he should concentrate as a setter since he is only 6'4" or smaller
    Long Beach - TJ Defalco freshman (OH) all around player, he is priddy but can hit harder and jump higher

there is also an 18 year old french freshman whose name escape at the moment. he is very good and was member of the french junior national team.

For replays:

BYUtv - they have almost all the BYU home matches I think
    http://www.byutv.org/watch/92d…ll-m-cal-baptist-byu-2615

and I think some other school have like their youtube channel where you can watch the matches live and also available on demand, can't remember which schools have it but I remember Long beach state and UC Irvine and maybe UCLA...

For big talents:

^ those 3 are probably the biggest talents and to be honest I didn't follow NCAA that much, but I will add:

James Shaw (Stanford) 6'8 senior setter - played in 2013 world junior with Jaeschke and Russell
    Brenden Sander & Jake Langlois (BYU) - Taylor sander's younger brother; Langlois played in the pan-am games/cup last year (if i'm correct)
    Kyle Russell (UC Irvine) - senior OH, I believe he's training with the NT right now
    and maybe Jake Arnitz (OH) and Mitch Stahl (MB) both play for UCLA

BTW, AVCA just announced the All-america awards, here's the link:
    https://www.avca.org/awards/al…s-all-america-awards.html

and they will announce the player of the year today
    .. and I think the french Mapuan was talking about is Nicolas Szerszen (Ohio state), he's a sophomore though.

* and Szerszen is the player of the year

• FINAL FOUR TOURNAMENT
    ( 4 ) Long Beach State 1 - 3 Brigham Young (BYU) ( 1 ) (21-25, 25-23, 19-25, 18-25)
    ( 3 ) Ohio State 3 - 2 UCLA ( 2 ) (22-25, 25-22, 25-21, 20-25, 18-16)

( 3 ) Ohio State - Brigham Young (BYU) ( 1 )

Ohio State with the "upset" of UCLA. If they beat BYU they will have beat the top 3 teams in the MPSF (Long Beach, UCLA and BYU), so without a doubt they would be the best team in the country.

• FINAL FOUR TOURNAMENT

( 3 ) Ohio State 3 - 0 Brigham Young (BYU) ( 1 ) (32-30, 25-23, 25-17)

Ohio State wins its 2nd NCAA title. The first set was incredibly tight with Ohio State fighting off 6 set points for BYU. In the second set BYU had a lead and Ohio State had a bad pass go towards the stands. A BYU fan in the front row used a pom-pom to prevent the Ohio State player from making a play on the ball and caused the referees to call a replay. A play that looked like was a BYU point instead was replayed and Ohio State took the point. Ohio State went on a 6-1 run to end the set with that play. In the third set, Nicholas Szerszen started his second round of serving at 9-7. He had 3 aces on a 4-0 run for Ohio State and that gave them the gap which BYU could not overcome.

Ohio State was slighted by the tournament committee by being forced into the play-in game, but with wins over BYU, UCLA and Long Beach State, they are a deserving champion. Also, the MIVA Conference has won the NCAA title 3 times in a row, the first time that the MPSF had not won a single title in a 3 year span.

• Big Announcement Today for the 2018 Season

The Big West Conference which has five of its teams play in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation for Men's Volleyball will create their own Men's Volleyball Conference.

MPSF Currently
    Brigham Young (BYU)
    Cal Baptist
    Cal State Northridge
    Hawaii
    Long Beach State
    Pepperdine
    Southern California (USC)
    Stanford
    UC-Irvine
    UCLA
    UC-San Diego
    UC-Santa Barbara

So this is what the breakup will look like

Big West Conference Men's Teams
    Cal State Northridge
    Hawaii
    Long Beach State
    UC-Irvine
    UC-San Diego (not a Big West school for all sports only Men's Volleyball)
    UC-Santa Barbara

MPSF Remaining Teams
    Brigham Young (BYU)
    Cal Baptist
    Pepperdine
    Southern California (USC)
    Stanford
    UCLA

This is massive because with an extra conference, there will be 5 conferences and only 1 remaining position for an at-large bid in the NCAA Tournament. It is likely that they will get to 8 teams (5 conference champions and 3 at-large teams) in 2018.