Brazil - Superliga 2016/2017

• Better late than never.
    Not sure I'll be able to update the results quickly, but I'll try.

League stars next Wednesday (10/26). 12 teams are participating this year. Playoffs will be played in best-of 5 matches (quarterfinals and semifinals), while the finals remain as a one-match event.

• 2016/2017 Teams

Sada Cruzeiro
    Vôlei Brasil Kirin
    Funvic/Taubaté
    SESI-SP
    Montes Claros
    Minas Tênis Clube
    Bento Vôlei
    Vôlei Canoas
    Juiz de Fora Vôlei
    Caramuru/Castro
    Copel Telecom/Maringá
    São Bernardo

Some info on the teams this year:

• Caramuru/Castro comes from the B league after winning the championship earlier this year. I don't think they have any big names on their squad; I honestly have no idea what players they have.
    • Voleisul/Paquetá Esportes did not manage to collect funds to take part in Superliga, thus Copel Telecom/Maringá took their spot.
    • São José Vôlei seized to exist, so São Bernardo rejoined the league as the 12th team.
    • Bento Vôlei, Vôlei Canoas and Juiz de Fora barely made the cut to participate in the league this season. Juiz de Fora partnered with Sada Cruzeiro and their squad will consist mostly of Sada's junior/youth players. Bento and Canoas are still building their team.

Personal remarks/predictions:

• Sada Cruzeiro, Funvic/Taubaté and SESI-SP are, once again, the top teams this season.
    • All the other teams are weaker compared to last season and imo the gap between the top teams and the other ones this year is a lot bigger, so I'm not so sure the level of the league will be that great.
    • Brasil Kirin lost almost all of their started squad and shall fight for the fourth spot this year at best.
    • Minas, Montes Claros, Maringá, Canoas and perhaps Bento will fight for the remaining places in the playoffs.
  • Brasil Kirin looked pretty good in the Paulista semis and almost took Sesi out on their home turf. The are weaker by names but they still have a very strong group of players. Vini and especially Bruno Temponi looked very impressive. And their new black jerseys look very cool. :thumbup:
    They will likely finish 4th but will still be a very tough opponent for the 3 monster teams. :box:

Btw, if SJDC doesn't exist anymore where did Lorena go?

• Btw, if SJDC doesn't exist anymore where did Lorena go?

He went to Qatar.

------------------------------------------------------------------

League has begun. Here' the first results:

FIRST ROUND:

JF Vôlei - Vôlei Brasil Kirin 1-3 (25/23, 17/25, 21/25, 17/25) stats MVP: Rodrigo Pinto (OPP)
    Copel Telecom/Maringá - SESI-SP 0-3 (18/25, 16/25, 20/25) stats MVP: Bruno Rezende (S)

• FIRST ROUND:

Minas Tênis Clube - Bento Vôlei/Isabela 3-1 (23/25, 25/18, 25/18, 25/23)
    stats MVP: Tiago Wesz (OH)

Montes Claros - Lebes/Gedore/Canoas 3-1 (25/21, 22/25, 25/20, 25/23)
    stats MVP: Thiago Rey (MB)

Caramuru/Castro - Funvic/Taubaté 0-3 (20/25, 21/25, 22/25)
    stats MVP: Wallace Souza (OPP)

--------------------------------------------

Brazilian Supercup 2016

Sada Cruzeiro - Vôlei Brasil Kirin 3-1 (18/25, 25/18, 25/21, 25/20)

• Last game of the first round (São Bernardo - Sada Cruzeiro) was set to November 17th due to the Supercup.

SECOND ROUND:

03/11 SESI-SP - Lebes/Gedore/Canoas (SporTV)
    05/11 JF Vôlei - Sada Cruzeiro (RedeTV!)
    05/11 Montes Claros - Minas Tênis Clube
    05/11 Brasil Kirin - Caramuru/Castro
    05/11 Bento Vôlei/Isabela - São Bernardo
    05/11 Funvic/Taubaté - Copel Telecom/Maringá (SporTV)

• Thanks for the updates and for the regular efforts :) I just have a brief question in order to clear a possible misunderstanding. Renan Buiatti was listed as an opposite for Cruzeiro during the Club World Championship. We saw him on the bench and maybe even on court for a while(I don't remember exactly about the last part). Now he seems to play for JF Volei, according to the stats provided, and even to be their captain :huh: How is such a move possible and when did it happen?

• Evandro`s reserve Alan was injured. Sada Cruzeiro asked JF Volei if they could borrow Renan just for the Club Championship , and they said yes, as it was good for Renan to train 2 weeks with Sada and gain experience by playing at the CWCH.

http://sadacruzeiro.com.br/sad…para-o-mundial-de-clubes/

Thanks :) It is an interesting case, though, as not many teams would do so, maybe not even those that are supposed to be in good relations. He may have gained some experience this way, but he missed part of the pre-season preparation of his own team...

• Second Round:

SESI-SP - Lebes/Gedore/Canoas 3-0 (25/17, 25/21, 26/24)
    MVP: Bruno Rezende (S) stats

• Apparently Riad (MB) is playing for SESI. :what:
    • Surprisingly, the best scorer was Gabriel (OH) from Canoas with 18pts. I think he was playing in Austria last season? Not sure. Really great performance from him tonight.

EDIT:

• Second Round:

JF Vôlei - Sada Cruzeiro 0-3 (23/25, 23/25, 17/25)
    MVP:
    Evandro Guerra (OPP) stats

Montes Claros - Minas Tênis Clube 3-1 (22/25, 25/23, 25/22, 25/20)
    MVP: Alexsandro Garcia (S) stats

Vôlei Brasil Kirin - Caramuru/Castro 3-0 (25/18, 26/24, 25/18')
    MVP: Juleandro Rocha (S) stats

Bento Vôlei/Isabela - São Bernardo 3-1 (25/18, 25/19, 21/25, 25/20)
    MVP: Deivid Mota (OH) stats

Funvic/Taubaté - Copel Telecom/Maringá 3-1 (22/25, 25/21, 25/20, 25/22)
    MVP: Lucas Lóh (OH) stats

• Sada Cruzeiro played without Leal and Simon. It seems Simon's mother passed away and he had to travel to Cuba last Thursday. ;(
    • Taubaté - Maringá was a surprisingly good and entertaining game. If Maringá keeps up this level, they might finish in a good position this year. :D I'll link both matches in a post below if anyone's interested in watching it.
  • Third Round:

Lebes/Gedore/Canoas - Funvic/Taubaté 2:3 (25/22, 23/25, 25/22, 17/25, 10/25)
    MVP: Wallace Souza (OPP) stats

Upcoming games:

11/11 São Bernardo - JF Vôlei
    12/11 Copel Telecom/Maringá - Vôlei Brasil Kirin
    12/11 Minas Tênis Clube - SESI-SP
    12/11 Bento Vôlei/Isabela - Montes Claros
    13/11 Caramuru/Castro - Sada Cruzeiro (SporTV)

• Third Round:

Copel Telecom/Maringá - Vôlei Brasil Kirin 2-3 (25/23, 23/25, 25/22, 22/25, 6/15)
    MVP: Diogo Silva (OH) stats

Minas Tênis Clube
    - SESI-SP 3-2 (23/25, 20/25, 25/23, 25/23, 16/14) :white:
    MVP: Thiago Vanole (OH) stats

Bento Vôlei/Isabela - Montes Claros 3-0 (25/22, 25/21, 25/19)
    MVP: Gabriel Franco (OH) stats