Brazil - Superliga 2016/2017

• Well, that`s true, Bruno is only 30. But I hope he takes at least this season off and let some others play the WL and Champions Cup, they need to gain some experience. Also there`s Thiago Velloso playing for Molfeta ( I think he`s 23).Will be really interesting to see what results Brazil will get from on now without Bernardinho

I dunno. Seeing Giannelli play just blew my mind. How such a mediocre team like Trentino or sometimes Italy can transform because of a player like him.

I wish Brazil has a young talent like that. One who can make bad passes look good from 1-2 play or just straight up one-hand quicks because of his length and flexibility or become literally an opposite of the opposite!

Honestly, Murilo Radke could have been that player but he disgusted me with his predictability during PanAm 2015.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• 5th Round:

SESI-SP - Montes Claros 3-0 (25/20, 25/21, 25/18/)
    MVP: Fábio Capalbo (OH) stats

São Bernardo - Caramuru/Castro 1-3 (25/17, 23/25, 19/25, 21/25)
    MVP: Robson Rodrigues (OPP) stats

JF Vôlei - Copel Telecom/Maringá 2-3 (25/17, 21/25, 23/25, 33/31, 10/15)
    MVP: Marcílio Silva (OPP) stats

Sada Cruzeiro - Lebes/Gedore/Canoas 3-0 (25/19, 25/21, 25/22)
    MVP: Isac Viana (MB) stats

Vôlei Brasil Kirin - Minas Tênis Clube 2-3 (24/26, 25/23, 23/25, 25/22, 10/15)
    MVP: Tiago Wesz (OH) stats

Funvic/Taubaté - Bento Vôlei/Isabela 3-1 (25/20, 21/25, 25/19, 25/23)
    MVP: Lucas Lóh (OH) stats

• First win for Caramuru! Against São Bernardo, but still.
    • Minas beat Brasil Kirin without Bisset :what:
  • So stupid soccer taking all the TV time again :(

• 6th Round:

São Bernardo - SESI-SP 0-3 (23/25, 20/25, 19/25)
    MVP: Alan Patrick (OPP) stats

Minas Tênis Clube - Sada Cruzeiro 0-3 (23/25, 22/25, 10/25)
    MVP: Isac Viana (MB) stats

Lebes/Gedore/Canoas - JF Vôlei 0-3 (23/25, 26/28, 22/25)
    MVP: Rodrigo Ribeiro (S) stats

Copel Telecom/Maringá - Caramuru/Castro 3-1 (26/28/ 25/21, 25/20/25/23)
    MVP: Ricardo Garcia (S) stats

Bento Vôlei/Isabela - Vôlei Brasil Kirin 0-3 (16/25, 22/25, 22/25)
    MVP: Tiago Brendle (L) stats

Montes Claros - Funvic/Taubaté 1-3 (20/25, 25/21, 23/25, 21/25)
    MVP: Otávio Pinto (MB) stats

Next round will take place next Saturday (18th).

• Just saw yesterday in the Wall Street Journal that Kirin will be selling its Brazilian business unit to Heineken. So will Heineken take over the club, or just have it die?

• Just saw yesterday in the Wall Street Journal that Kirin will be selling its Brazilian business unit to Heineken. So will Heineken take over the club, or just have it die?

Oh well, that can't be good. I haven't heard anything about it yet in Brazilian media, but the club already had tons of problems to get funds for the season (they barely made it, as Kirin slashed their budget quite a bit), so I don't know. :S I'll post here if anything pops up anywhere.

• There isn't! That's SporTV for you :aww:
    Montes Claros x Brasil Kirin should be interesting at least, I guess...

I cant deal with this! looking at the scores ticking over on the website! I cannot believe in all of Brazil there isnt another station that can show volleyball! Bascially Sesi vs Taubate are the olympians who won gold.... why they cant show that match is just bizarre...

Anyhow, first two sets scores are a bit weird..Taubate looking like they steam rolled over them... Is Lucarelli playing yet?

• 7th Round:

São Bernardo - Copel Telecom/Maringá 3-2 (17/25, 21/25, 25/21, 25/22, 15/13)
    MVP: Matheus Gonçalves (S) stats

Sada Cruzeiro - Bento Vôlei/Isabela 3-0 (25/18, 25/18, 15/17)
    MVP: Yoandy Leal (OH) stats

JF Vôlei - Minas Tênis Clube 3-2 (33/31, 16/25, 25/19, 19/25, 15/10)
    MVP: Ricardo Júnior (OH) stats

Funvic/Taubaté - SESI-SP 3-0 (25/21, 25/17, 25/22)
    MVP: Raphael Oliveira (S) stats

Caramuru/Castro - Lebes/Gedore/Canoas 0-3 (21/25, 18/25, 22/25)
    MVP: Alison Bastos (OPP) stats

Vôlei Brasil Kirin - Montes Claros 3-2 (18/25, 25/22, 25/16, 21/25, 15/9)
    MVP: Tiago Brendle (L) stats

Eighth round is currently underway, with four games haven taken place yesterday and another one to be played later tonight. It's gonna air on RedeTV! starting at 21:55 (GMT-3, Brasília). Anyone can watch it via this link: http://www.redetv.uol.com.br/aovivo

• No more updates?

Renan is probabky getting a chance in the NT next season. I wonder if Evandro will retire or if Wallace form continues .. In a way, it did help that he didnt play a lot of games after WCH so some teams may have never scouted him before the world league or olympics.

This could lead to two new opposites if they are trying to preserve Wallace for the next WCH or Olympics or prepare the team without him.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I've been either busy/tired or sick these past few days, so I haven't been able to update. I'll try to do it soon though!

If anyone's interested, Taubaté x Cruzeiro will be broadcast on CBV's Facebook tonight at 8PM (GMT-3).

• I'm not really able to update the results these next few days (will be able to do it for the playoffs though), so if anyone's interested, they can see the stats for each game HERE. Just scroll to the bottom and go up.

Standings after the regular season are:

1. Sada Cruzeiro
    2. Funvic/Taubaté
    3. SESI-SP
    4. Vôlei Brasil Kirin
    5. Montes Claros
    6. Minas Tênis Clube
    7. JF Vôlei
    8. Lebes/Gedore/Canoas

9. Bento Vôlei/Isabela
    10. Copel Telecom/Maringá
    11. São Bernardo
    12. Caramuru/Castro

• This is the first time JF Vôlei has reached the playoffs in Superliga, and with quite a good performance from the youngsters plus Renan. It's also Canoas' return to the playoffs after failing to reach them last season.
    • Best scorers can be found HERE. Renan Buiatti (OPP) from JF Vôlei led the season with 448 pts, followed by Wallace (OPP) fom Taubaté with 405.
    • Individual stats can be seen HERE. Just select the box under "RANKING POR FUNDAMENTO" and shuffle around, should be easy.
  • I'm not really able to update the results these next few days (will be able to do it for the playoffs though), so if anyone's interested, they can see the stats for each game HERE. Just scroll to the bottom and go up.

You don't have to get stressed by updating threads or posting results. Such an explanation and a variety of information + links do a perfect job, too :) Thanks!

• Oh well, that can't be good. I haven't heard anything about it yet in Brazilian media, but the club already had tons of problems to get funds for the season (they barely made it, as Kirin slashed their budget quite a bit), so I don't know. :S I'll post here if anything pops up anywhere.

Some minor news regarding this situation: the manager of the team was in a volleyball show a couple of weeks ago and mentioned that they're fully aware of negotiations between Brasil Kirin and Heineken, but when it comes to how it may affect the team, however, there hasn't been any talks yet. Meetings will take place during the next weeks all the way up to April in order to see what's gonna happen next season.

YavorD: Heh, thanks! Just don't feel right not updating the thread. Should be easier once the playoffs begin. :D

By the way, some interesting tidbits and insights from the last rounds of the league:

• Sada Cruzeiro lost their only match to Funvic/Taubaté using mostly their bench (only Filipe (OH) played from the starter squad). They were also meant to lose their game against SESI-SP just a few days before as they also entered the court with a mixed team, but SESI is just way too incompetent to win. :gone:
    • Lucarelli (OH) returned to court only in the last round, when Taubaté faced JFV. SESI, on the other hand, has a bunch of injured players: Serginho (L), Fábio (OH), Vaccari (OH) and Murilo (OH). Alan, backup OPP, played the last few matches as the second OH and imo that's a much better position for him. He jumps really high, has decent reception and spikes much better from position 4 than 2.
    • Superliga B is entering the playoffs and there are two teams with big chances to win: Sesc-RJ, the Giovane Gávio-led team that's put as the main favorite for the gold since before the league began, and Clube Jaó/Universo. I wouldn't be surprised to see both advance and Caramuru/Castro fall in the qualifier.
  • Playoffs finally begin tonight! Differently from the last seasons, both quarterfinals and semifinals will be played in best of 5 matches.

Here's the schedule for the weekend:

17/03 Sada Cruzeiro - Lebes/Gedore/Canoas (SporTV)
    18/03 SESI-SP - Minas Tênis Clube (RedeTV!)
    18/03 JF Vôlei - Funvic/Taubaté (SporTV)
    19/03 Montes Claros - Vôlei Brasil Kirin (SporTV)