Brazil - Superliga 2016/2017

• I have to say this playoffs postseason is boring.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I have to say this playoffs postseason is boring.

Yep. Sada is gonna win it all, so who cares at this point.
    By the way, we'll have two matches today:

In approximately 15 minutes, Sesc-RJ and Clube Jaó/Universo will face off in the League B final. The game can be watched in this link.
    Sesc-RJ is the Giovane Gávio-led team that's supposed to win and hire quite a few familiar faces for the main league next season. Jaó/Universo is the underdog with a bunch of youngsters from Brasil Kirin's junior teams and the only team that managed to beat Sesc-RJ in the regular season. So the match should be at least mildly interesting.

Lastly, the second game between SESI-SP and Funvic/Taubaté will take place tonight. I'll update the results of this second round of semifinals once it's all over.

• Sesc-RJ is the champion of Superliga B after beating Jaó/Universo by 3-0 (25/15, 25/20, 25/23), thus earning the spot for Superliga next season. This is the first time the state of Rio de Janeiro has a team in the elite division since RJX/RJ Vôlei closed doors in 2013/2014.

• Semifinals Round 2:

Vôlei Brasil Kirin - Sada Cruzeiro 1-3 (21/25, 19/25, 25/21, 22/25)
    MVP: Yoandy Leal (OH) stats

SESI-SP - Funvic/Taubaté 2-3 (23/25, 25/21, 25/18, 19/25, 13/15)
    MVP: Ricardo Lucarelli (OH) stats

Semifinals Round 3:

Funvic/Taubaté - SESI-SP 2-3 (35/37 (!!!), 25/21, 25/19, 21/25, 10/15)
    MVP: Théo Lopes (OPP, 31 points!) stats

Surprisingly we're going to a 4th game in the Taubaté x SESI clash. I didn't watch today's match, so I can't really say much about it unfortunately. Théo seems to have had an incredible night - if I'm not mistaken, this is only the second time a player scored over 30 points in the league this season (the other one was Bisset, from Minas).

Third (and potentially last) game between Sada Cruzeiro and Brasil Kirin will take place tomorrow.

• Semifinals Round 3:

Sada Cruzeiro - Vôlei Brasil Kirin 3-0 (25/12, 25/18, 26/24)
    MVP: Filipe Ferraz (OH) stats

Sada is the first finalist. Shocker!

ETA:

• Semifinals 4th Round:

SESI-SP - 1-3 Funvic/Taubaté (17/25, 19/25, 25/22, 22/25)
    MVP: Ricardo Lucarelli (OH) stats

Taubaté has advanced to the final! First ever Superliga final for them after almost getting it last year.

Sada Cruzeiro and Funvic/Taubaté will battle for the title on May 7th.

• Sada Cruzeiro defended their title!
    It's their fifth Superliga title, fourth in a row.

Sada Cruzeiro - Funvic/Taubaté 3-1 (25/22, 25/22, 18/25, 25/19) stats

• Individual Awards:

Best setter: William Arjona (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best scorer: Wallace Souza (Funvic/Taubaté)
    Best server: Evandro Guerra (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best spiker: Yoandy Leal (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best digger: Serginho Nogueira (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best blocker: Renan Buiatti (JF Vôlei)
    Best receiver: Bob Dvoranen (Montes Claros)
    Fan favorite: Raphael Oliveira (Funvic/Taubaté)

MVP: Evandro Guerra (Sada Cruzeiro)