Brazilian Superliga 2017-2018

• Since there's no official thread yet. I'll be posting here.

Have to say Rio SESC is impressive during the Copa De Ciudad Moron something like that.

They play rather drunk during the first set vs Bolivar but they gather themselves in time.

Thiaguinho is good but damn his blocking is off. Renan is reliable but sometimes he gets ball too low for him that he can't do nothing about.

The MBs played well.

Joao was the most stable OH. Mauricio got subbed off by someone. I forgot his name.

Brendle is a slight worry to me.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I forgot his name.

Probably Levi who played in France last year?! It's just a guess, I didn't watch it...but I thought he could play as a starter in this team.
    Btw, he is or was Robin DeKruifj's boyfriend.

• Probably Levi who played in France last year?! It's just a guess, I didn't watch it...but I thought he could play as a starter in this team.
    Btw, he is or was Robin DeKruifj's boyfriend.

It's not him. Levi and Tours defeated Trentino in CEV Cup final so I know his face.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Very very excited for the Brazilian Men's Superliga this season, it looks incredibly competitive!

-Sada Cruzeiro have to enter the season as favourites once again, but losing William (especially to a rival team) hurts a lot.
    -With the additions of Ivovic, Sole and Thales to go with Rapha, Wallace, Lucarelli, and Otavio, Funvic Taubate look fantastic and are in my opinion the closest to dethroning Sada.
    -The newcomers SESC look like strong at every position; a composition of Thaiguinho, Renan, Mauricio Borges, Levi Cabral, Mauricio Souza, Thiago Barth and Tiago Brendle can definitely challenge for the top spot in the Superliga, but I would rate them slightly below the top 2.
    -Losing Bruninho would be absolutely devastating in every scenario, other than this one where William is his replacement. Lucao and Douglas Souza remain, Lipe, Paese and Gustavo are the newcomers. Will also be interesting to see how Murillo fares at Libero- losing Serginho is a big loss.
    -After the top 4, Campinas look interesting with the addition of Vissotto and Corinthians look intriguing as well with former Sesi players Serginho, Riad and Fabio highlighting the squad.

All in all, the league looks highly competitive. I expect Sada and Taubate to challenge for the championship with SESC close behind.

• I see a lot of players from SESI last season now on Corinthians. Are they like sister teams? I'm liking the new ball, BTW.

No. It's just that Serginho (libero) played in Sesi for many years and invited many guys from there to form his new team: Riad and Sidão (MB), Fábio and Allan (OH/OPP), Rafa (S) are the ones I remember now. There is probably a few more.

• Is Murilo still suspended? I thought he got a ban after some test turned out positive twice...

#FreeBritney

• Thank you, Sydney! All those six players comprise almost half a team already. As of this writing, I'm watching the part in the semis between Corinthians and Campinas where Serginho is so livid against one of the table officials. I don't understand what is up, but I think he's displaying so much audacity...Oop! He just got red-carded.
    About the player movement from one team to another, is that leveling-scoring still followed? Like each player is worth a certain number of points and each team receives a cap on the total number of points all the players in their rosters add up to?
    BTW, I've never seen Fabio make so many points in one set! Or maybe it's just me.

No. It's just that Serginho (libero) played in Sesi for many years and invited many guys from there to form his new team: Riad and Sidão (MB), Fábio and Allan (OH/OPP), Rafa (S) are the ones I remember now. There is probably a few more.

• Thank you, Sydney! All those six players comprise almost half a team already. As of this writing, I'm watching the part in the semis between Corinthians and Campinas where Serginho is so livid against one of the table officials. I don't understand what is up, but I think he's displaying so much audacity...Oop! He just got red-carded.
    About the player movement from one team to another, is that leveling-scoring still followed? Like each player is worth a certain number of points and each team receives a cap on the total number of points all the players in their rosters add up to?
    BTW, I've never seen Fabio make so many points in one set! Or maybe it's just me.

Yeah, apparently one of the line referees told Serginho to f*ck off lol But I am not sure if that is all that happened...
    The ranking system is still a thing, by the way. Every player is still awarded points (from 0 to 7).

In regards to Fábio, he can be good when he wants to, but he is still soooo clumsy. He had a few good games in SESI last season, I am curious to see how he will do this time with Corinthians.

• Thank you, Saishu!
    BTW, who is Sada Cruzeiro's new setter? Watching William's magical sets in Sesi has lifted my spirits which was feeling a bit sad at his departure from Sada.
    Also, has Vissotto been away from volleyball? He looks a bit out of shape, and he seems to be half-hearted and only pretending to be trying. Or maybe it's just me. Haha!

• Thank you, Saishu!
    BTW, who is Sada Cruzeiro's new setter? Watching William's magical sets in Sesi has lifted my spirits which was feeling a bit sad at his departure from Sada.
    Also, has Vissotto been away from volleyball? He looks a bit out of shape, and he seems to be half-hearted and only pretending to be trying. Or maybe it's just me. Haha!

Sada's new setter is Uriarte!
    I think Vissotto played in Italy (Monza to be precise) for a while last season. I've never been a big fan of his, so I can't really say anything good. lol But it's still early in the season, perhaps he can perform well in the long run.

• Incidentally, could any of you guys from Brazil recommend a website that sells and internationally ships club volleyball jerseys? :-D

You'll probably find these jerseys on the websites or social medias of each club, especially the main clubs (Minas, Cruzeiro, Nestlé, Sesc...). But I know that this website also sells some stuff: https://loja.saqueviagem.com.br
    I'm sorry but I don't know if they ship internationally but it looks like they do :win:

• Taubaté was crowned Paulista champion last night for the fourth time in a row after beating Corinthians.

Meanwhile, Sada Cruzeiro beat Minas and got their eighth Mineiro championship title.