Brazilian Superliga 2017-2018

• Brendle is losing it. Thales is looking better for Brazil. I wonder if there's a chance so Murilo could go to VNL or even the world championship as the second libero.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• SESI to the final. It's not really an upset. Just a bad match-up for SESC.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• And so William reaches the final again, this time with a different team. Great game by SESI as a whole, every single player did well. I'm particularly happy about Douglas' performance these last few matches, especially reception-wise.

Meanwhile, Sesc's performance dropped so much midway through the return matches in the preliminary phase that they could never really get it going again. 5 games against SESI, 5 losses. They never stood a chance. lol

• Thiaguinho is a good setter but he is just too limited physically. He can't fix bad reception and he can't really block well. Everaldo did that and had a good set 3 but he lacks Thiaguinho's skill. I think that's the difference. William is just better even if he's not that tall but he knows how to use every inch of his reach to control the ball properly into a good hit. It helps that he has Lucas. That should be noted.

I don't understand the choice of Gavio. I still believe Renan should play over PV. They have more chances to break away from SESI.

For Joao... I have a feeling he is quite injured and he is under minute restrictions. I won't even play Japa at all but he is probably in shape among all OHs.

#FreeBritney

• anyone can explain what happened during the end of the 4th semi final match against Sada VS Taubate? it seemed like there is a physical altercation going on. what happened to the end of the 3rd set where Taubate officials were going at it on court? it was really unfortunate. but shoutout to Sada for playing very well these last 2 games.

• anyone can explain what happened during the end of the 4th semi final match against Sada VS Taubate? it seemed like there is a physical altercation going on. what happened to the end of the 3rd set where Taubate officials were going at it on court? it was really unfortunate. but shoutout to Sada for playing very well these last 2 games.

The audience provoked Leal and he made some obscene gestures towards to them. Then the audience started yelling "GO BACK TO CUBA", which is very embarrassing and pathetic but not surprising considering the xenophobic middle-class Brazilian population. Then there was a big mess. Well, with Leal and Serginho on court this is never a surprise. They love this kind of confusion.

• Sada is in the final with three consecutive wins against Taubaté. Can't post anything else right now because Dante just played his last game and is giving his final interview and I'm emotional lmao

• Uriarte played great.

I always read fans telling how bad he is and they are hoping Fernando Kreling should play and become titular but people forget that William is a big loss for Sada. I have doubts Nico and Fernando will completely cover the hole left by William but I disagree that Nico should be benched. It was a great gamble by Mendez considering Kreling have more connection with his teammates at first but Uriarte will sooner or later give a better ball to his teammates, plus having a bigger block for their side... it's a no brainer and I'm glad it paid off for this series.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Anyone here knows the format of the final? Best of 3 or Best of 5?

Sada Cruzeiro-SESI SP

#FreeBritney

• It's best of 2 with possible golden set

So same as the female. Thanks for the clarification ,Sidney. :heart:

#FreeBritney

• So same as the female. Thanks for the clarification ,Sidney. :heart:

Yes, it is. I hope we see a GS. You're welcome

• Final series:

Sada 2x0 SESI (3x2 in both matches, tie break today was 22x20).

Sada/Cruzeiro wins its 6th title of the Superliga (5th in a row) in 12 years of existence.

MVP of the Superliga: LEAL (Sada) - this was his last year in Brazil
    MVP of the final match: Uriarte (Sada)
    Best setter: William (SESI)
    Best blocker: Simon (Sada)
    Best spiker: Leal (Sada)
    Best digger: Thiago Brendle (Sesc)
    Best receiver: Thales (Taubaté)

• I forgot best scorer - Wallace from Taubaté. Both players from Taubaté weren't there to receive their awards.