You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Monday, October 9th 2017, 3:18pm

Maybe it's just me, but I really enjoyed watching Solé--he is just so consistent!

Is Sesi still eligible to move up to the Superliga?
Sesi will play Superliga and it's probably the third best team in the tournament, behind Taubaté and Sada.

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 11:56pm

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 2:16am

And Sada wins another title, water is wet, etc. :sleeping:

Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "saishuu" (Oct 12th 2017, 4:55am)

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 4:28pm

Taubate's coach must be out of his mind, why the hell is Dante starting over Ivovic? Bizarre.

• "Rains_of_Castamere" started this thread

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 4:58pm

Taubate's coach must be out of his mind, why the hell is Dante starting over Ivovic? Bizarre.

Ivovic had a serious ankle injury before the European Championship.

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 10:38pm

I learned why the arena was nearly empty, they had a Soccer Game which was supposed to be a "Classic" Fortaleza vs Ceara and they are big rivals, and the soccer game started only 1 hour later, the soccer stadium is close to the arena and a lot of people don`t go out when they have soccer game because the area becomes really dangerous.

Agguerro

Intermediate

• "Agguerro" is male

Favourite Team: Sada Cruzeiro, Brazil NT (M and F), China F team (2004-2008), Italy F team (2007), Chinese W team (current)

Favourite Players: Lucarelli, Cuban women's team 2000, Montano, Jacqueline, Fe Garay, Thaisa, Sheila, Fabiana, Logan Tom, Musavi, Sokolov, Fecundo Conte, Ngapeth, Del Core, Zhou Suhong, Anderson

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 9:37pm

Taubate vs Sesc

After two tough matches .. Taubate is not looking great... both opponents they played looked like well drilled squads and Taubate looked the opposite. Wallace is just not effective, Otavio is not playing well, serving is generally not on the same level as other teams etc etc. Hopefully they get it together and start playing some better volleyball. Personally think this team could do much better with a better setter.. no offence to Rapha but I dont think he carries this team well imo....

Really like the look of Sesc, they have a really good balance and discipline about the way they play - looking forward to seeing them against Sada

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 4:52am

After two tough matches .. Taubate is not looking great... both opponents they played looked like well drilled squads and Taubate looked the opposite. Wallace is just not effective, Otavio is not playing well, serving is generally not on the same level as other teams etc etc. Hopefully they get it together and start playing some better volleyball. Personally think this team could do much better with a better setter.. no offence to Rapha but I dont think he carries this team well imo....

Really like the look of Sesc, they have a really good balance and discipline about the way they play - looking forward to seeing them against Sada

Well Ok, either way u did offend Raphael ^^

I think Taubate will play better once Ivovic can play, Ivovic is a all-round player that can do everything. But I`m no surprised they lost for SESC, I was actually expecting Sesc to win. They have both Mauricio, Brendle, Renan and Thiago,&Jaao Rafael, and Paulo Victor was a big surprise for me today. They are a really strong team.
Wallace could and should play better, but it is not like they played bad, Sesc simply played better.

Uriarte is doing a GREAT job and Sole is playing very well as well.

Agguerro

Intermediate

• "Agguerro" is male

Favourite Team: Sada Cruzeiro, Brazil NT (M and F), China F team (2004-2008), Italy F team (2007), Chinese W team (current)

Favourite Players: Lucarelli, Cuban women's team 2000, Montano, Jacqueline, Fe Garay, Thaisa, Sheila, Fabiana, Logan Tom, Musavi, Sokolov, Fecundo Conte, Ngapeth, Del Core, Zhou Suhong, Anderson

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 9:55am

Well Ok, either way u did offend Raphael ^^

I think Taubate will play better once Ivovic can play, Ivovic is a all-round player that can do everything. But I`m no surprised they lost for SESC, I was actually expecting Sesc to win. They have both Mauricio, Brendle, Renan and Thiago,&Jaao Rafael, and Paulo Victor was a big surprise for me today. They are a really strong team.
Wallace could and should play better, but it is not like they played bad, Sesc simply played better.

Uriarte is doing a GREAT job and Sole is playing very well as well.

I meant that Rapha is a good setter, but just doesn't seem to me to be able to drive this team. I tohught the same last season as well. Watching Sesc and Sada play against them, you can see the energy and drive that the other teams seem to have and how the setters move the ball. I guess not having Wallace playing well also creates problems for him. I am also disappointing in how much he cant seem to be able to use Lucarelli effectively, and in the last matches you have been able to visibly see frustration on Lucarelli's face - frankly I think he is wasted in that team. You are right about Sole - he has made a real impact already as I thought he would. I know its still early, hopefully things will improve quickly. This year there are more about 5 teams that cold challenge for the top, with Sada still looking like favourites.

Mauricio Borges continues to impress me generally - I have always thought he is very underrated by a lot of Brazilians yet he is very important for that team.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 8:14pm

First round is over. Results and stats can be found here: http://superliga.cbv.com.br/resultados-masc

The standouts for me were Thiaguinho (S) and PV (OPP) from SESC-RJ. Thiaguinho in particular really impressed me with his fast setting and I'm looking forward to see what he does this season. João Rafael (OH) was also super solid and I'm more than happy to see him back in Brazil. :roll:

By the way, Montes Claros' coach was already fired after the defeat against Canoas (which is even more weakened this season). lol
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Monday, October 16th 2017, 5:06pm

That was an officiating errors fest! I thought the first referee's errors were too glaring.