Brazilian Superliga 2017-2018

• Maybe it's just me, but I really enjoyed watching Solé--he is just so consistent!

Is Sesi still eligible to move up to the Superliga?

Sesi will play Superliga and it's probably the third best team in the tournament, behind Taubaté and Sada.

• Taubate's coach must be out of his mind, why the hell is Dante starting over Ivovic? Bizarre.

Ivovic had a serious ankle injury before the European Championship.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I learned why the arena was nearly empty, they had a Soccer Game which was supposed to be a "Classic" Fortaleza vs Ceara and they are big rivals, and the soccer game started only 1 hour later, the soccer stadium is close to the arena and a lot of people don`t go out when they have soccer game because the area becomes really dangerous.

• After two tough matches .. Taubate is not looking great... both opponents they played looked like well drilled squads and Taubate looked the opposite. Wallace is just not effective, Otavio is not playing well, serving is generally not on the same level as other teams etc etc. Hopefully they get it together and start playing some better volleyball. Personally think this team could do much better with a better setter.. no offence to Rapha but I dont think he carries this team well imo....

Really like the look of Sesc, they have a really good balance and discipline about the way they play - looking forward to seeing them against Sada

• After two tough matches .. Taubate is not looking great... both opponents they played looked like well drilled squads and Taubate looked the opposite. Wallace is just not effective, Otavio is not playing well, serving is generally not on the same level as other teams etc etc. Hopefully they get it together and start playing some better volleyball. Personally think this team could do much better with a better setter.. no offence to Rapha but I dont think he carries this team well imo....

Really like the look of Sesc, they have a really good balance and discipline about the way they play - looking forward to seeing them against Sada

Well Ok, either way u did offend Raphael ^^

I think Taubate will play better once Ivovic can play, Ivovic is a all-round player that can do everything. But I`m no surprised they lost for SESC, I was actually expecting Sesc to win. They have both Mauricio, Brendle, Renan and Thiago,&Jaao Rafael, and Paulo Victor was a big surprise for me today. They are a really strong team.
    Wallace could and should play better, but it is not like they played bad, Sesc simply played better.

Uriarte is doing a GREAT job and Sole is playing very well as well.

• Well Ok, either way u did offend Raphael ^^

I think Taubate will play better once Ivovic can play, Ivovic is a all-round player that can do everything. But I`m no surprised they lost for SESC, I was actually expecting Sesc to win. They have both Mauricio, Brendle, Renan and Thiago,&Jaao Rafael, and Paulo Victor was a big surprise for me today. They are a really strong team.
    Wallace could and should play better, but it is not like they played bad, Sesc simply played better.

Uriarte is doing a GREAT job and Sole is playing very well as well.

I meant that Rapha is a good setter, but just doesn't seem to me to be able to drive this team. I tohught the same last season as well. Watching Sesc and Sada play against them, you can see the energy and drive that the other teams seem to have and how the setters move the ball. I guess not having Wallace playing well also creates problems for him. I am also disappointing in how much he cant seem to be able to use Lucarelli effectively, and in the last matches you have been able to visibly see frustration on Lucarelli's face - frankly I think he is wasted in that team. You are right about Sole - he has made a real impact already as I thought he would. I know its still early, hopefully things will improve quickly. This year there are more about 5 teams that cold challenge for the top, with Sada still looking like favourites.

Mauricio Borges continues to impress me generally - I have always thought he is very underrated by a lot of Brazilians yet he is very important for that team.

• First round is over. Results and stats can be found here: http://superliga.cbv.com.br/resultados-masc

The standouts for me were Thiaguinho (S) and PV (OPP) from SESC-RJ. Thiaguinho in particular really impressed me with his fast setting and I'm looking forward to see what he does this season. João Rafael (OH) was also super solid and I'm more than happy to see him back in Brazil. :roll:

By the way, Montes Claros' coach was already fired after the defeat against Canoas (which is even more weakened this season). lol

• Monstrous first-round stats for JF Volei's OH Leonardo Nascimento. He received most of the time for his team, finished with 63% in attack, 4 blocks, and 32 points. Impressive! He's only 22, right? I will look forward to watching him, had never heard of him before.

• I hope Rio can challenge Sada somehow....

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Monstrous first-round stats for JF Volei's OH Leonardo Nascimento. He received most of the time for his team, finished with 63% in attack, 4 blocks, and 32 points. Impressive! He's only 22, right? I will look forward to watching him, had never heard of him before.

Most Brazilian coaches agree he's a big talent, but I was truly shocked at his stats once I saw them. Really impressive. And it's his first season as a starter! He was only a backup in Sada these last few years. He's also been with the youth NTs for years now - guess this is his chance to prove he's worth it.

• Does anyone have a link for SRSC-RJ Corinthians match? I have one but the quality is very bad.

#FreeBritney

• Rio looks strong.I wish they shown the Sada Cruzeiro match instead but I guess this would do.

#FreeBritney

• 7th ROUND

11/18/2017 stats
    Minas Tênis Clube 0x3 Sada Cruzeiro
    Minas: Felipe Roque (OPP) 13, Yordan Bisset (OH) 12, Flávio (MB) 10;
    Cruzeiro: Yoandy Leal (OH) 14, Simón (MB) 13, Evandro (OPP) 9;
    MVP: Robertlandy Simón (MB)

Vôlei Renata Campinas 1x3 SESI-SP video
    Campinas: Matheus (OPP) 19, Diogo (OH) 8, Vini (MB) 6;
    SESI: Alan (OPP) 25, Lipe (OH) 17, Douglas Souza (OH) 13;
    MVP: Alan (OPP)

JF Vôlei 0x3 SESC-RJ video
    Juiz de Fora: Raphael (OH) 13, Rammé (OH) 8, Franco Drago (OPP) 6;
    Rio de Janeiro: Renan Buiatti (OPP) 15, Maurício Borges (OH) 12, Japa (OH) 6;
    MVP: Japa (OH)

Montes Claros 2x3 EMS Taubaté Funvic video
    Montes Claros: Alexander (OPP) 18, Tarcísio Guinter (MB) 16 -5 blocks-, Isbel Mesa (MB) 11 -5 blocks-;
    Taubate: Wallace (OPP) 24, Marko Ivovic (OH) 13, Sebastian Solé 12 -71%-;
    MVP: Ivovic (OH)

Lebes/Canoas 3x1 COPEL/TELECOM/Maringá video
    Canoas: Leandro (OPP) 20, Rodrigo (OH) 15, Matheus (MB) 13;
    Maringá: Alisson (OPP) 17, Ialisson (MB) 13, Alexandre (OH) 12.

PONTA GROSSA/CARAMURU 2 x 3 CORINTHIANS-GUARULHOS video
    Caramuru:
    Guarulhos:

• Renan's attitude to the game is very worrying. He needs to play more cooly in the face of frustration. What he shown in today's match is not something to be applied if you are playing a team sports as tightly knitted as volleyball.

#FreeBritney