Brazilian Superliga 2017-2018

• I am curious what happened to Joao Rafael. He is nowhere to be seen. Did an injury occur to him?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Lucarelli ruptured his Achilles tendon yesterday and is out for the rest of the season. The doctors from Taubaté hope he'll be able to come back for the finals, but I doubt it.

• 8th ROUND

11/25/2017 stats
    Montes Claros Vôlei 1x3 Sada Cruzeiro video
    Montes Claros Lisandro Zanotti (OH) 18, Alexander (OPP) 9, Tarcisio (MB) 8;
    Cruzeiro: Isac (MB) 19 -9 blocks, 71%-, Leal (OH) & Simon (MB) 14;
    MVP: Isac (MB)

EMS Funvic Taubaté 2x3 Vôlei Renata Campinas
    Taubaté: Wallace (OPP) 27, Ivovic (OH) 11 -83%-, Otávio (MB) 8;
    Campinas: Leandro Vissoto (OPP) 25, Diogo (OH) 23, Vini (MB) 14;
    MVP: Rodriguinho (S)

Ponta Grossa/Caramuru 2x3 Lebes Canoas
    Caramuru: Junior (OH) 12, Thales (MB) & Leonardo (OH) 10;
    Canoas: Aboubacar (OPP) 30 -60%-, Matheus (MB) 13, Robson (OH) 12;
    MVP: Aboubacar (OPP)

Corinthians-Guarulhos 2x3 SESI-SP video
    Guarulhos: Fábio (OH) 20, Rogério Mineiro (OH) & Sidão (MB) 15;
    SESI: Alan (OPP) 27 -62%-, Douglas Souza (OH) 18, Gustavão (MB) 9;
    MVP: Douglas Souza (OH)

Copel/Telecom/Maringá 2x3 JF Vôlei video
    Maringá: Alisson Bastos (OPP) 21, Wennder (MB) & Kaio (OH) 15;
    Juiz de Fora: Léo Nascimento (OH) 38 -58%-, Rammé (OH) 18, Rodríguez (OPP) 16;
    MVP: Léo Nascimento (OH)

• The Maringá x JF Vôlei was the most entertaining match of the league so far. It was SO GOOD!

Leozinho was a freaking beast, reaching 30+ points for the second time already this season. I also really liked Rammé from JF, but I've had my eyes on him since last season already - still think he has tons of potential and he's still super young.

Loved Johan's performance in Maringá as well. He came from the bench during the fourth set and was a monster at the net, blocking everything in the beginning of the tie-break. It was one of those games were I wish both teams could end with a tie.

Here's the match in case anyone wants to watch it. Highly recommended!

• I forgot which match, but just last week I saw Lorena being very angry with his coach. Was he slapped some disciplinary actions after that? I think he didn't start in the last two games.

Yes, he was suspended for two matches. A few days ago, he played as backup if I'm not mistaken.

• What a great game between Taubate and SESI. Probably the best of the season. Taubate should be grateful for having Ivovic free to play. Lucarelli's absence could've been the difference but it seems Douglas was also not playing good so the coach took him out of the gamw.

Sole played amazingly but I feel like Raphael did not use him more proactively. Otavio also fell victim to Raphael's hesitation at the latter sets. Raphael seem to be only giving the ball to them after his wing hitters made an error in attack.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Ivovic is killing it ...on both ends of the floor. Too bad Lucarelli got injured.

I would have to say Dante is not that bad for someone playing at that age. He's not that clinical anymore but he played fine. I guess it did help that Lucarelli and Ivovic plays the similarly so the effect of Lucarelli's absense was muted. Taubate could've been though. Hope Lucarelli comes back in time for the playoffs. :win:

#FreeBritney

• Watching the Montes Claros-Sesc match now. Alexandre Alemão is incorrigible. I think he's a lost cause already. Has he been struggling with an injury or something? Speaking of injuries, is Brendle down with one?
    Just out of curiosity: I noticed that the courtside announcer at Maringá's home stadium pronounces words differently (to my foreign ears, of course). Is that what is called "Portuñol"?

• Man! That Corinthians-Sesi match just wouldn't die (delayed reaction, I know; was just too busy at work; I don't mind backlogging on my Superliga fix, though)! :-D Fábio is growing on me and I like it that he doesn't seem to mind looking silly or whatever. I thought the fourth set was owed to his clutch performances in the dying stretch. Someone here.once said that he could do well if he wanted to do, and I believe that now. Now I'm waiting for Alan Patrick to be "unleashed." He looked still a bit green when I last saw him play long. I was rooting for Cortinthians so I was both irritated and amazed by William. Haha

• Man! That Corinthians-Sesi match just wouldn't die (delayed reaction, I know; was just too busy at work; I don't mind backlogging on my Superliga fix, though)! :-D Fábio is growing on me and I like it that he doesn't seem to mind looking silly or whatever. I thought the fourth set was owed to his clutch performances in the dying stretch. Someone here.once said that he could do well if he wanted to do, and I believe that now. Now I'm waiting for Alan Patrick to be "unleashed." He looked still a bit green when I last saw him play long. I was rooting for Cortinthians so I was both irritated and amazed by William. Haha

Fábio is having a great season! I wasn't a fan when he played for SESI, but he's grown a lot. I wish Alan Patrick could play more as well!
    Regarding the bolded part, that was probably Sidney lmao he's a big Fábio fanboy :gone:

Watching the Montes Claros-Sesc match now. Alexandre Alemão is incorrigible. I think he's a lost cause already. Has he been struggling with an injury or something? Speaking of injuries, is Brendle down with one?
    Just out of curiosity: I noticed that the courtside announcer at Maringá's home stadium pronounces words differently (to my foreign ears, of course). Is that what is called "Portuñol"?

Montes Claros is hopeless this season. Alemão is meh and I can't stand Lorena. I wish Zanotti were playing for another team, he's been doing really well.

Not sure about Brendle, but if it's an injury it's probably not serious as it hasn't really been brought up in Brazilian media.
    And yeah, that's probably what you'd call Portuñol lol You can also hear it whenever Leal gives an interview.