You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

nnnneil0929

Intermediate

• "nnnneil0929" is male
  • "nnnneil0929" started this thread

Favourite Team: Women's: Korea, Japan, Thailand, China, USA Men's: USA, Canada, & Korea

Favourite Players: Kim Yeon Koung, Risa Shinnabe, Saori Kimura, Nootsara Tomkom, Yang Hyojin, Nataliya Goncharova, Lonneke Sloetjes, Carli Lloyd, Jovana Stevanovic, Matt Anderson, Moon Sungmin, Gavin Schmitt, Taylor Sander, Tyler/TJ Sanders, Gord Perrin, Max Holt

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 10:43am

USA - NVA (National Volleyball Association)

USA has a pro league for men's volleyball now.
Article from wov: http://www.worldofvolley.com/News/Latest…nched-soon.html

Official website: http://nvausa.com/
FIGHTING! :super:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "nnnneil0929" (Nov 16th 2017, 11:33am)

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Favourite Team: USA (W/M) - BRA (W/M) - PUR (W/M)

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 12:49pm

I was coming here just to write about it. You were faster. :thumbsup:
"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
"...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
"Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
- Emma :heart: :love:

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 9:57pm

Security needs to be prioritized. USA has some very laxed gun laws that could be pretty bad for this league with less budget than your NBA,NFL, MLB and MLS.

And really? N-V-fucking-A? So original. :rolll:

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Naz, Gamze, Egonu, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa, Rachel Sanchez

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 10:57pm

Yaas, now we need a women's league! :drink:

tomen

Professional

• "tomen" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Favourite Players: Manon Flier, Zhu Ting, Jiang Chuan

Friday, November 17th 2017, 12:35pm

I feel that the reason why men's league is first is that USA people prefer women's league to men's one. It is an "experiment". :D
My favourite roster of Chinese
male NT:
S - Li Run-ming, Zhan Guo-jun
OP - Dai Qing-yao, Jiang Chuan
OH - Ji Dao-shuai, Xia Run-tao, Liu Li-bin, Zhang Chen
MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Chen Long-hai, Geng Xin
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning
OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing
MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li
L - Lin Li

My avatar is Jiang Chuan. I hope more persons love him.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Saturday, November 18th 2017, 2:39pm

I feel that the reason why men's league is first is that USA people prefer women's league to men's one. It is an "experiment". :D
I thought so, too :) But it doesn't matter right now, it's been in the air for so long that any experiment is worth the try. Let's see how the schedule and the format are going to look like, the website is also under construction. The one thing that bothers me is that it will never be taken seriously with those team names! Come on, they chose Team Pineapple! How are you going to recruit audience and sponsors if you have such a name?! By the way, does anyone know whether the idea is to have private, financially independent clubs, or is it going to start as an amateur, recreational league?

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Saturday, November 18th 2017, 2:52pm

I thought so, too :) But it doesn't matter right now, it's been in the air for so long that any experiment is worth the try. Let's see how the schedule and the format are going to look like, the website is also under construction. The one thing that bothers me is that it will never be taken seriously with those team names! Come on, they chose Team Pineapple! How are you going to recruit audience and sponsors if you have such a name?! By the way, does anyone know whether the idea is to have private, financially independent clubs, or is it going to start as an amateur, recreational league?

I agree. They need the franchises to make their own names, like Boston Celtics, Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons and so on did in their history.

Saturday, November 18th 2017, 3:02pm

Americans are not really into women`s sports, at least women`s are not taken seriously as men`s.

Just look at soccer, the women`s team have won World Cup and Olympics, while the men`s can`t even qualify. But the Men`s Soccer League is big and very successful while the women`s league is small and nobody really cares.

Look at basketball, you can`t even compare the men`s NBA and with the women`s WNBA, a lot of Americans does not even there is WNBA.

And same thing goes for American Football, Ice Rockey, Baseball. It is all men`s no women`s.

The Mens National Team are able to play World League and other tournaments in different states besides California and still attract 5-10k fans, while the women`s only play the GP in California, if they play elsewhere nobody will show up. ( GP 2015 were played in Nebraska, and had OK attendance but they had help from the Local University to attract fans).

There`s really no women`s sports on the TV besides gymnastics.

another example, even when it comes to tennis the men`s events are more popular than women`s, even tough USA does not even have any male among the top players, while the women`s they have a bunch.

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Naz, Gamze, Egonu, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa, Rachel Sanchez

Saturday, November 18th 2017, 3:04pm

Omg ahahaha Team Pineapple! :rolll: my favorites right away xD

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Saturday, November 18th 2017, 3:24pm

In german we have the expression that whenever you make a 4th place or win a meaningless match, that you have won "the golden pineapple"... :lol:

My favourite surely is Chicago "Lights Out". Will remember this for the next fun tournament 8)
never mess with your setter......

Saturday, November 18th 2017, 5:32pm

In german we have the expression that whenever you make a 4th place or win a meaningless match, that you have won "the golden pineapple"... :lol:

My favourite surely is Chicago "Lights Out". Will remember this for the next fun tournament 8)

you are probably not familiar with the city of Chicago. There`s meaning behind every name.

"Lights out Chicago"
During their migratory season, millions of birds representing hundreds of species fly through our city on their way to their summer or winter homes. Lights from tall buildings can disrupt these migratory paths, causing birds to circle buildings repeatedly. As a result, many of them die from exhaustion or after colliding with a building.

The Lights Out program encourages the owners and managers of tall buildings to turn off or dim their decorative lights. The Chicago Audubon Society manages the Lights Out program along with the Building Owners and Managers Association, the National Audubon Society, and the City of Chicago.

Since 1995, Chicago’s tall buildings in the Loop have served as an example to the nation as they save 10,000 birds’ lives annually by participating in the Lights Out program. In addition to saving migratory birds, building owners have realized direct benefits, including decreased energy and maintenance costs.

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Tuesday, November 21st 2017, 2:58pm

you are probably not familiar with the city of Chicago. There`s meaning behind every name.

"Lights out Chicago"
During their migratory season, millions of birds representing hundreds of species fly through our city on their way to their summer or winter homes. Lights from tall buildings can disrupt these migratory paths, causing birds to circle buildings repeatedly. As a result, many of them die from exhaustion or after colliding with a building.

The Lights Out program encourages the owners and managers of tall buildings to turn off or dim their decorative lights. The Chicago Audubon Society manages the Lights Out program along with the Building Owners and Managers Association, the National Audubon Society, and the City of Chicago.

Since 1995, Chicago’s tall buildings in the Loop have served as an example to the nation as they save 10,000 birds’ lives annually by participating in the Lights Out program. In addition to saving migratory birds, building owners have realized direct benefits, including decreased energy and maintenance costs.
You are right, i was not aware of this. Thanks for enriching my common knowledge . But still i think its a cool name. I already hear the chants "Lights Out" after a successful stuff block :box:

Lets see where this all goes. In order to persuade the first/second tier US players to leave Europe and play NVA, they would need steady progress in sponsorships and public interest. I don't see this happening short/mid term but good luck anyway :super:
never mess with your setter......

brahmin

Master

• "brahmin" is male

Favourite Team: USA Men NT, USA Women NT, Japan Women NT

Friday, November 24th 2017, 5:31pm

Lloy Ball's team even in the National Championship (for clubs) in the past has been called Team Pineapple.

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Friday, December 8th 2017, 7:51pm

Day 1 match of the showcase is live.

https://youtu.be/qe1TBTM5M9I

Friday, December 8th 2017, 7:54pm

So bad in all departments.

I wonder how long did these two teams practice together?

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Friday, December 8th 2017, 8:28pm

If we compare this league to the others, we make a huge mistake: most of the leagues in the world have more than half a century od history. This is just NVA day 1. And it's a showcase tournament, so the teams will play better at the real NVA Championship.