USA - NVA (National Volleyball Association)

• Security needs to be prioritized. USA has some very laxed gun laws that could be pretty bad for this league with less budget than your NBA,NFL, MLB and MLS.

And really? N-V-fucking-A? So original. :rolll:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Yaas, now we need a women's league! :drink:

I feel that the reason why men's league is first is that USA people prefer women's league to men's one. It is an "experiment". :D

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I feel that the reason why men's league is first is that USA people prefer women's league to men's one. It is an "experiment". :D

I thought so, too :) But it doesn't matter right now, it's been in the air for so long that any experiment is worth the try. Let's see how the schedule and the format are going to look like, the website is also under construction. The one thing that bothers me is that it will never be taken seriously with those team names! Come on, they chose Team Pineapple! How are you going to recruit audience and sponsors if you have such a name?! By the way, does anyone know whether the idea is to have private, financially independent clubs, or is it going to start as an amateur, recreational league?

• I thought so, too :) But it doesn't matter right now, it's been in the air for so long that any experiment is worth the try. Let's see how the schedule and the format are going to look like, the website is also under construction. The one thing that bothers me is that it will never be taken seriously with those team names! Come on, they chose Team Pineapple! How are you going to recruit audience and sponsors if you have such a name?! By the way, does anyone know whether the idea is to have private, financially independent clubs, or is it going to start as an amateur, recreational league?

I agree. They need the franchises to make their own names, like Boston Celtics, Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons and so on did in their history.

• Americans are not really into women`s sports, at least women`s are not taken seriously as men`s.

Just look at soccer, the women`s team have won World Cup and Olympics, while the men`s can`t even qualify. But the Men`s Soccer League is big and very successful while the women`s league is small and nobody really cares.

Look at basketball, you can`t even compare the men`s NBA and with the women`s WNBA, a lot of Americans does not even there is WNBA.

And same thing goes for American Football, Ice Rockey, Baseball. It is all men`s no women`s.

The Mens National Team are able to play World League and other tournaments in different states besides California and still attract 5-10k fans, while the women`s only play the GP in California, if they play elsewhere nobody will show up. ( GP 2015 were played in Nebraska, and had OK attendance but they had help from the Local University to attract fans).

There`s really no women`s sports on the TV besides gymnastics.

another example, even when it comes to tennis the men`s events are more popular than women`s, even tough USA does not even have any male among the top players, while the women`s they have a bunch.

• Omg ahahaha Team Pineapple! :rolll: my favorites right away xD

In german we have the expression that whenever you make a 4th place or win a meaningless match, that you have won "the golden pineapple"... :lol:

My favourite surely is Chicago "Lights Out". Will remember this for the next fun tournament 8)

• In german we have the expression that whenever you make a 4th place or win a meaningless match, that you have won "the golden pineapple"... :lol:

My favourite surely is Chicago "Lights Out". Will remember this for the next fun tournament 8)

you are probably not familiar with the city of Chicago. There`s meaning behind every name.

"Lights out Chicago"
    During their migratory season, millions of birds representing hundreds of species fly through our city on their way to their summer or winter homes. Lights from tall buildings can disrupt these migratory paths, causing birds to circle buildings repeatedly. As a result, many of them die from exhaustion or after colliding with a building.

The Lights Out program encourages the owners and managers of tall buildings to turn off or dim their decorative lights. The Chicago Audubon Society manages the Lights Out program along with the Building Owners and Managers Association, the National Audubon Society, and the City of Chicago.

Since 1995, Chicago’s tall buildings in the Loop have served as an example to the nation as they save 10,000 birds’ lives annually by participating in the Lights Out program. In addition to saving migratory birds, building owners have realized direct benefits, including decreased energy and maintenance costs.

• You are right, i was not aware of this. Thanks for enriching my common knowledge . But still i think its a cool name. I already hear the chants "Lights Out" after a successful stuff block :box:

Lets see where this all goes. In order to persuade the first/second tier US players to leave Europe and play NVA, they would need steady progress in sponsorships and public interest. I don't see this happening short/mid term but good luck anyway :super:

• Day 1 match of the showcase is live.

https://youtu.be/qe1TBTM5M9I

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• So bad in all departments.

I wonder how long did these two teams practice together?

#FreeBritney

• If we compare this league to the others, we make a huge mistake: most of the leagues in the world have more than half a century od history. This is just NVA day 1. And it's a showcase tournament, so the teams will play better at the real NVA Championship.