Champions League 2008/2009

• That game took away from me all the joy of victory in Łódź... I hate when Poles plays like that against Russian teams in Russia - giving up before the game. Even when we have foreigners in the squad :down:

I don't think the problem lied in the mentality, Mariusz Wlazly is simply playing really bad recently, his attack statistics from last matches are horrifying, I have no idea what the cause is, maybe he's not feeling well, some injury problems, maybe it's something completely different (personal?), maybe just technical, but he certainly is going through a hard period.

13 Dec 2008 (Polish league) vs. Politechnika Warszawa (away match, won 3-2, Dobrowolski played the whole match as the setter and was elected MVP; Wlazly scored 10 pts: 2 blocks, 1 ace and 7 in attack with 36,8%, teams average was 44%):
    18 Dec 2008 (CL) vs. Iskra Odintsovo (away, lost 0-3, Wlazly scored 6 points in the whole game: 2 blocks, 1 ace and 3 in attack with 15%, team's average was 30%)
    21 Dec 2008 (Polish league) vs. Trefl Gdansk (home, won 3-1, Wlazly played first 2 sets, scored 9 pts: 1 block, 3 aces and 5 in attack with 28%, team's average was 53%. Trefl has injuries problems, they were playing without libero Marko Samardzic and without Bojan Janic).

• Allan van de Loo (Netherlands, outside attacker, age 34) played today for Friedrichshafen in the epic victory in Odintsovo versus Iskra (3-1). I had no idea he signed a contract with the Germans. In fact, I thought he is still playing for his former Noliko, but if that was the case, he would not have been allowed to play for Friedrichshafen tonight. Anyway, it's cool to see at least one group where all the four teams have equal chances to proceed!

And as we are on the topic "Friedrichshafen", why Robert Hupka is not playing at all this season... and where did Everaldo Castro Silva go? Not that Idi, van de Loo or Divis are bad choices. I just miss watching Hupka - one of the heros from two years ago!

• Van de loo played in dubai but he thought the competition wasn't strong enough, that's why he was looking for an other team.

He tested at some belgians teams too

• and in Group D extraordinary win for Paris over Kazan!
    now my team is in a very good position to finish in first place our pool. we only need two wins... :D

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

Yes, Robert Hupka is injured thats why Friedrichshafen signed contract with Allan van de Loo. Here is article on CEV's site http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/website/new…1/13336_EN.html

10x very much for the link, Justyna! Obviously, I have missed the article at CEV's homepage, that's why yesterday's appearance of van de Loo was a little bit surprising for me. But I like surprises anyway :)

• Allan van de Loo (Netherlands, outside attacker, age 34) played today for Friedrichshafen in the epic victory in Odintsovo versus Iskra (3-1). I had no idea he signed a contract with the Germans. In fact, I thought he is still playing for his former Noliko, but if that was the case, he would not have been allowed to play for Friedrichshafen tonight. Anyway, it's cool to see at least one group where all the four teams have equal chances to proceed!

And as we are on the topic "Friedrichshafen", why Robert Hupka is not playing at all this season... and where did Everaldo Castro Silva go? Not that Idi, van de Loo or Divis are bad choices. I just miss watching Hupka - one of the heros from two years ago!

Our gropu is definitely one of the most difficult: everybody manage to beat everybody. Yesterday's Freidrichshafen over Iskra made the situation in the group even more complicated. Skra needs desperatly to beat Panathinaikos today.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Skra Bełchatów - Panathinaikos Ateny 3:1 (25:21, 25:23, 17:25, 25:17) :win:

very importnad win . now we are almost sure to advance to next round :D it was very good match from both side lots of great digs match was on high level and that incredible atmospher-you can find it nly i Poland :cup:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Fenerbahce - CSKA Sofia 3 - 2 (27-25, 25-17, 21-25, 19-25, 19-17)

This is sooo sad :( CSKA was leading during the whole opening set and finally lost it... I did not watch the second set because they were simply awful... Then I continued watching from the third one till the end and I really feel desperate 10 minutes after the game is over :wall: The lack of experience is not an excuse for players like Pascual, Peev, Mayo and Svetozar Ivanov! Fenerbahce did not impress me at all despite the victory, but I, personally, think that the young team of Czestochowa deserves more the next round place... Apart from Billings, there was no one else to praise in the Turkish team... How can CSKA lose the tie-break when they were leading 14-12 ... :evil: I didn't plan to watch the game at all since they didn't even have 10 ready players, but what I saw cannot be excused!!! I hope they will learn some day...

Congratulations to Vitoria!!! This team appealed to me the first time I wacthed them against Dinamo in Moscow, I am very happy for their 3-0 win in the Czech Republic!

Congrats to Skra as well! I expected and predicted the 3-1 result!!!

• Skra Bełchatów - Panathinaikos Ateny 3:1 (25:21, 25:23, 17:25, 25:17) :win:

very importnad win . now we are almost sure to advance to next round :D it was very good match from both side lots of great digs match was on high level and that incredible atmospher-you can find it nly i Poland :cup:

Yes, it was very important victory, cause the last match in Germany will be definitely very difficult. Now, we are in much better situation. :)
    Too bad, AZS Częstochowa lost against Iraklis 3-1. It wasn't bad game by Polish side, but Iraklis was a little bit better. Milyakov couldn't have played, so it was even more difficult to beat Greeks on their own soil. However, young Bartosz Janeczek replaced Milyakov well (although he made several stupid errors at the end). Also Bartman was playing on high level again. Though that defeat, AZS is still able to qualify to the next round.
    So, Poland-Greece 1:1 yesterday :whistling:

The most important 3:

• Apeldoorn-Piacenza 2-3(25-23, 25-23, 22-25, 14-25, 13-15)

the fourth set shows the real gap between the teams. we underestimated the opponents and we risked to loose...
    that's a good lesson to learn for the rest of the season.

• Ranking before last leg:

Pool A

Domex Tytan AZS Czestochowa - Fenerbahce Istanbul
    CSKA Sofia - Iraklis Thessaloniki

Pool B

Noliko Maaseik - Jihostroj Ceske Budejovice
    Vitoria SC - Dinamo Moscow

Pool C

Lube Banca Marche Macerata - Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Portol Palma Mallorca - Knack Randstad Roeselare

Pool D

Zenit Kazan - Piet Zoomers/D Apeldoorn
    Copra Nord Meccanica Piacenza - Paris Volley

Pool E

Beauvais Oise - aon hotVolleys Vienna
    ACH Volley Bled - Trentino Volley

Pool F

Panathinaikos Athens - Iskra Odintsovo
    VfB Friedrichshafen - PGE Skra Belchatow

• Amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing Friedrichshafen!!!!! These guys do know how to win important games in style :) Proved me right last week in Moscow and tonight at home. IECL definitely not the same without VfB!!!

What a pity for Panathinaikos! I think they deserved to win tonight but Giba was unstoppable on the other side of the court! It's not fair when teams like Panathinaikos get eliminated in favour of others not that impressive... At least PAO will have a chance to win CEV Cup... I wish I could see them in the 1/8-finals of IECL instead :(

And last, great AZS Czestochowa! Maybe their best match so far this year (not that I have watched them all :D )! I said it last week - in my opinion, they are better than Fenerbahce and deserved more the second place :) ...and proved me wrong for one previous pre-season prediction :)

I love the IECL!!!

• while watching VFB-Skra i was sooo pissed off. Skra was just horrible today. but i have to admit VFB is really wonderfull team their style of playing is so great they are playing beautifull volleyball great serve :obey: they are probably the best serving team in IECL.
    i'm happy that Czestochowa advance to next round . they will be probably elimitate in the next round but at least they qualify to play offs

• Just a final remark of today's games from my side. What happened in Sofia with Plamen Konstantinov during CSKA - Iraklis is simply disgusting! I was curious to hear Plamen's words after the game. I don't think our national team's captain deserves such an attitude even though he used to be a youngster in the rival volleyball club Levski! Curses (not only whistles) from the crowd to one of the best Bulgarian volleyball players ever are a sign of no respect, in my opinion :thumbdown: After all, these will be the same guys who will praise him tomorrow or in the near future for the consecutive victory or medal of the NT... Tonight, I would have preferred a half empty hall with spectators showing the deserved respect towards Plamen instead of the stupid gorillas and their vulgarism... despite the fact that they were supporting CSKA throughout the whole tournament, even tonight, when we had no chances to qualify anywhere anyway... That's why the NT plays in Varna where players like Baev (GRE), Zlatanov and Simeonov (ITA) are applauded and loved...

Sorry if this is not a post for this section...

• Anyone knows at what time will be the draw?

• Congratulations for AZS Częstochowa. Skra's performance was a real shame yesterday. :down: And I don't think VFB is THAT great. Panathinaikos beat them two times. And I suppose Germans won't succeed in the palyoffs...

The most important 3:

• Anyone knows at what time will be the draw?

at 5 pm in Vaduz(have no idea which country it is :D )
    i hope this time drawing of lots will be lucky for polish teams :heart:

• at 5 pm in Vaduz(have no idea which country it is :D )
    i hope this time drawing of lots will be lucky for polish teams :heart:

Capital of Liechtenstein. ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Skra Bełchatów - Dinamo MOSCOW

AZS Częstochowa - Copra Nord Meccanica PIACENZA

Itas Diatec Trentino - Portol Palma MALLORCA

Lube Banca Macerata - Fenerbahce ISTANBUL
    ACH Volley BLED (SLO) vs. Zenit KAZAN (RUS)

Noliko MAASEIK (BEL) vs. Iskra ODINTSOVO (RUS)

Knack Randstad ROESELARE (BEL) vs. VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN (GER)

VITORIA SC (POR) vs. Iraklis THESSALONIKI (GRE)

:whistle: