Teams of CL 2009/2010

• Jastrzębski Węgiel get a wild card. It means that Poland in CL will be represent by 3 teams: Skra Bełchatów, Resovia Rzeszów and Jastrzębski Węgiel.

Great!

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• oh my :white:
    that's great news. so Poland will be representet by 6 teams in Cl both in women and men competition that's awsome i think only Italy will have so many teams :drink:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• will poland participate in CL also with 3 women teams?

• yes DG is 3rd one

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• For Italy, the teams will be: Piacenza(champion), Trento(playoff finalist), Macerata(Italian Cup winner)

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• Here the 24 teams for the Champions league 2009/2010:

Hypo Tirol INNSBRUCK (AUT)
    Noliko MAASEIK (BEL) Knack Randstad ROESELARE (BEL)
    Jihostroj CESKE BUDEJOVICE (CZE)
    PARIS Volley (FRA) TOURS VB (FRA)
    VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN (GER)
    Olympiacos PIRAEUS (GRE) Panathinaikos ATHENS (GRE)
    Copra Nord Meccanica PIACENZA (ITA) TRENTINO Volley (ITA) Lube Banca Marche MACERATA (ITA)
    Budvanska Rivijera BUDVA (MNE)
    PGE Skra BELCHATOW (POL) Asseco Resovia RZESZOW (POL)
    Zenit KAZAN (RUS) Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS)
    Radnicki KRAGUJEVAC (SRB)
    CAI TERUEL (ESP) Unicaja ALMERIA (ESP)
    ISTANBUL B. Sehir Belediyesi (TUR)

Wild cards: PVC CSKA SOFIA (BUL) JASTRZEBSKI Wegiel S.A. (POL) ACH Volley BLED (SLO)

i only hope that Cev will make serious pools this time, not as last year..... :thumbdown:

• An other wild card to Bulgaria.

Are there not other countries who might benefit a team playing the champion's league ?

• I, as a Bulgarian, am very happy that Bulgaria was given the wild card again :) However, I should say that we don't really deserve it!!! 6 losses this season, average performance in most of the games, I really agree with Armel but I am happy we are given another chance! The curious is that CSKA is not the champion of Bulgaria :D The new champions of Levski decided to sell some key players this summer (at least expect so) and stepped down as a Bulgarian representative in the IECL 2009-2010! I am a Bulgarian and enjoy that CSKA will participate next year again, but let's face it - CEV could have chosen a third Russian team or a third Greek team instead! I just hope CSKA will perform better this year ^^

• I should say that we don't really deserve it!!! 6 losses this season, average performance in most of the games

Well it's not really what's matter in the end.
    The Czech and Serbian teams also recorded 6 defeats this season.

And I also believe that CEV want to use its wild card to develop volleyball (and club volleyball in this case) in some countries. So that's fine with me if all the wild card are not given to some third Greek, Polish, Russian or French teams every time (even if these are some teams who would most probably avoid losing 6 games in the competition).

But I'm sure that there are plenty of country in more or less the same position than Bulgaria (ie: with the possibility to develop volleyball by providing high level games including local teams) taht could benefit a wild card. Now maybe there are not a lot of clubs and countries wanting to pay for IECL expenses. Maybe CSKA Sofia was the best choice after all.

• Last year the wild-card was given to a portuguese team, Vitoria Sc, and they qualified for the 8th finals with 3 victories, so why don't reply this wild-card?
    mistery of the Cev...

• If I think in terms of "countries" I don't know whether Greece would deserve a wild card next season. But in terms of clubs, Iraklis definitely would...

• "All volleyball fans are extremely eagerly waiting for Friday night, as the traditional European Volleyball Gala will be staged in the magnificent Vienna’s Town Hall combined with the Drawing of Lots for the 2009/2010 CEV Indesit Champions League and CEV Cup. The event – which is set to start at 8 pm – will be live-televised, with ORF Sport Plus serving as host broadcaster and CEV partner LAOLA1.tv providing a live streaming at http://www.laola1.tv"
    CEV