Champions League 2009/2010

• Well, CSKA is better than Trento or Zenith for Resovia, but with this arrogant underestimation the polish team could get punished easily. CSKA now have 3 NT middle blockers, NT setter and Stefanov as a receiver, who played long years in Poland and was also in the NT. In home CSKA will win and if Resovie underestimate us it will be 3:0 with 51% for the next phase. Most probably Resovia will not underestimate CSKA and will loose 2:3 or 1:3, which unfortunately is enough since CSKA is a home team.

Olympiacos and Panathinaikos have very good campaign so far, really strong. Both can get the trophey, but I hope to watch final Trento - Skra with Winiarski, Wlazly and Kurek for SKRA, they will have chance to revenge for the 3:0 loss in Doha and I want to see their full quality in the final. Even if Trento loose such game it will be great to watch :set:

• Best Players for the Men’s League Round:

Best Scorer: Ivan Miljkovic (SRB/Olympiacos PIRAEUS)
    Best Spiker: Osmany Juantorena Portuondo (CUB/TRENTINO BetClic)
    Best Blocker: Marko Podrascanin (SRB/Lube Banca Marche MACERATA)
    Best Server: Clayton Stanley (USA/Zenit KAZAN)
    Best Receiver: Georgios Stefanou (GRE/Olympiacos PIRAEUS)

• Miljkovich, why am I not surprised :obey:

• Listen to the stars, Panathinaikos internationals Pawel Zagumny and Guillaume Samica!

Panathinaikos ATHENS is still in full contention for the National League and Greek Cup and after a very tough preliminary round will continue the campaign in the CEV Indesit Champions League with a double match-up against Dinamo MOSCOW of Russia in the Playoffs 12. These are very important results that definitely stress the devotion of the local officials and players who turned some difficulties in the pre-season into real motivation and additional strength.
    With the Champions League enjoying a short break, European champion Pawel Zagumny and France’s Guillaume Samica - who both joined Panathinaikos for the 2009/2010 season – agreed upon sharing their impressions and feelings in a very captivating and interesting interview. Special thanks are to be addressed to Penny Rontogianni, local Press Officer, who personally contributed this chat with the local superstars.

How would you describe your experience in the CEV Indesit Champions League?
    Zagumny: It is very exciting and I am very happy with our results in the prelims.
    Samica: It is an interesting, difficult and amazing competition! After the many international competitions that I joined with the French national team, the Champions League still maintains a very peculiar flavor.

Do you regret that you did not have this chance in the previous seasons?
    Zagumny: No, I do not have any special regrets. I always play with my national team at all top international competitions. I had also the chance to play both the CEV and Challenge Cup. But I think the name – Champions League – in a way already makes the difference…
    Samica: I also have no regrets since I simply did not have that chance in the past seasons. It is not that easy to compete at the same time in the National League, National Cup and European Cups. The schedule is so packed and demanding but I am very happy, we really have a very good team and we go on pretty well with each other. So… this is really an exciting moment for me and my Volleyball career!

Do you believe that Panathinaikos can reach the Final Four this year?
    Zagumny: This is a difficult question. We played really strong in the prelims except for the match against VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN. We had 4 victories in our pool but we still expect more to come! To qualify for the finals we have first to win against Dinamo MOSCOW and after that we’ll play Zenit KAZAN or our rivals of Olympiacos PIRAEUS. I think that if we stay focused, we can have a shot at the finals.
    Samica: It is my objective! I think that if we perform at our best, we can defeat any opponent. We are going to do our best and try to cruise to the finals.

Which are – in your opinion – the teams that will make it to the Final Four in Lodz?
    Zagumny: For sure TRENTINO BetClic will qualify for the finals. I see very good chances also for Zenit KAZAN but they will have to cope with Panathinaikos along their way! Also another Italian team, Lube Banca Marche MACERATA, if the guys there are in good shape, should not have too many troubles to clinch a spot for the finals.
    Samica: I prefer not to think about that for the moment. I hope Panathinaikos will make it and if not, then Dinamo MOSCOW. I also suppose that TRENTINO and FRIEDRICHSHAFEN may join the finals in Poland.

Is there any special message you would like to convey to all Volleyball die-hard fans?
    Zagumny: A very simple one. Come to the gym to see Volleyball matches because it is much better than football!
    Samica: For all of you the Champions League is a unique chance to see the very best Volleyball players in action. So, do not miss this opportunity!

source: CEV

• Love you guys :drink: .I really hope to see u next year playing again for my team because you are very good characters.

• I wish to PAO good luck in the Champions League, but in Greece it is time for Patra! :win:

• Is it true that tickets for the Final Four tournament in Lodz of the IECL are already on sale? Can anyone give a link or some more information about the procedure of buying tickets?

• Yes, but they sold out all in 22 hours :huh:

polish fans are INSANE :lol:
    i think there will be some more tickets for other teams fans, cus i've heard that some sectors tickets were not available on sale

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Trentino's fans are just annoying...
    keep on repeating that they will kick Roeselare's and Resovia's or Cska's asses easily and reach Lodz without problems...
    bah i really hope one of these 3 teams can make become real what Trento should deserve...be eliminated! with fans like that, who don't have respect for anybody, i don't know how Matey Kazyiski wants to stay there forever...

you can think to be stronger than your opponent, but respect is something you should always give...
    you should also learn that be a winner means first of all make congratulations to your opponent...

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• I think that if CSKA can beat Resovia and meet Trento, they will respectfully kick their buts :rolll:

• I hear good news from Polish players, Ahrem said that they are preparing for Trento now, the underestimation is brutal and the fog is strong :super:

• raylight where did you hear that?
    Akhrem should concentrate now on CSKA Sofia. It is going to be hard match. Poles must stop Mayo and other Bulgarian players and after this hard beattle which Resovia win he can think about Trento.
    I know that he was the best player of Iraklis in final Champions League with Trento but he should not talk that.

About Resovia Mikko Oivanen can't play in Stars Match of Polish League and Antiga from Skra have injury. Antiga will not play about 1 month.

Skra which hosts Final Four is going to play friendly matches with Sisley Treviso, Modena and VFB Friedrischafen

• Frоm obviously yellow Bulgarian Media :(

• Stupid CSKA fans, using flares inside a gym !

I'm pretty sure the CEV will like it a lot, and keep it in mind next time they'll give an IECL wild card ...

• These are minority football hooligans, volleyball fens all over the world are more intelligent as the sport volleyball is for more intelligent people :)

One should not generalize for 3000 based on 30 ;)

Congratulations to Resovia, they played very strong game as everyone expected. CSKA gave away two sets and started to play in the third, which was not enough in the absence
    of normal coach. I knew before the hit of Bonev for 22:23 in the 4th set that he will send it in the net - young player, with no international experience.

I like to thank to our middle blockers Todorov and Nikolov. The first one had moment of genius, the second played also very strong game. With their help CSKA made it out of the match without shame, only with regret for the first set wich was present for the Polish team (11 errors in one set is too much even for 16-year old players I think :mad: )

With normal coach and preparation this game would be ours, but with these circumstances it is for Resovia. I hope that their fens will keep the civilized tone in the dialog, we are all part of Old Europe, after all :bump:

P.S. Resovia has only 4 errors from 90 serves, what is the secret ?! :what:
    P.S.P.S. How can you beat someone, who doesn't make mistakes?

• :super:
    good for Resovia that they menage to win despite "flare affair" . IMO u have to be a complet idiot to fire a flare in a hall but that's not disscussion for this topic and for this time :)

eh i didn't like Resovia today. left wing work pretty badly i must say. normally both Akhrem and Wika are more effective , they made too much mistake today. however Resovia's MB played better than ussual xD

i was eager to see Todorov in action cus i've heard lots of possitive comments about him. he played very well in attack some of the spikes were really impressing :) but he could play better in the block i didn't count much kill block on his side. i please-somebody feed this guy he is like a twig xD and am i the only one or he is similar in phycical appearance to Kazyski :D

Edit: haha Todorov 5 blocks, i need to make appointment with my optician :lol:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• These are minority football hooligans, volleyball fens all over the world are more intelligent as the sport volleyball is for more intelligent people :)

One should not generalize for 3000 based on 30 ;)

OK, you're right about that.
    But there are many things bothering me in that matter.
    First of all, it looks like the flares had been burning quite a few time. In Tours, you can be sure that others fans would have kick the guy's butt and his flare out of the gym before security had to move a finger.
    Second, most of the fans kept singing all of the time. I can understand they are fans, but I know that in Tours, fans would have been too ashamed by this behaviour to keep singing.
    Third, the bulgarian TV kept showing the mood in the Hall in a way that I found kind of compliant. I had no chance to hear what kind of commentary they put on it, but I'm really wondering whether they were expressing regrets or not about the situation. And I don't know what Parvanov said on the TV and to the referees but somehow I did not have the impress that he was really mad about the people who used the flare.

Now, maybe I'm all wrong. Maybe people reacted quicker than it looked, maybe I missed a moment of deploration from the crowd when people got aware of the flare, maybe they came back to singing right after the problem was solve, because there was nothing else to do.
    But I must say than to me it did not really look like a handful of idiot behaving stupidly, but quite more like a whole crowd finding it more or less acceptable.