Champions League 2010/2011

• A total of 24 teams will compete in the men’s division, 20 deriving from the aforementioned European Ranking plus four wild cards:

Hypo Tirol INNSBRUCK (AUT)
    Knack Randstad ROESELARE (BEL)
    Noliko MAASEIK (BEL)
    TOURS VB (FRA)
    AS CANNES (FRA)
    VfB FRIEDRICHSHAFEN (GER)
    Generali UNTERHACHING (GER)
    Olympiacos PIRAEUS (GRE)
    Panathinaikos ATHENS (GRE)
    Lannutti CUNEO (ITA)
    TRENTINO BetClic (ITA)
    Sisley TREVISO (ITA)
    PGE Skra BELCHATOW (POL)
    JASTRZEBSKI Wegiel (POL)
    Zenit KAZAN (RUS)
    Lokomotiv BELGOROD (RUS)
    Radnicki KRAGUJEVAC (SRB)
    ACH Volley BLED (SLO)
    CAI TERUEL (ESP)
    Fenerbahce ISTANBUL (TUR)

Four wild cards have been attributed to:
    CSKA SOFIA (BUL)
    Budvanska Rivijera BUDVA (MNE)
    Remat ZALAU (ROU)
    Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS)

The official denomination of all teams competing in the 2011 CEV Champions League will finalized before the Drawing of Lots scheduled for next June 25 in Vienna.

• Four wild cards have been attributed to:
    CSKA SOFIA (BUL)

Great award for the flare show last season :roll:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I am waiting a big suprise from Fenerbahce this season.Leonel Marshall and Ivan Milijkovic will play for Fener this season.Fener will do more transfers as women team.Good luck to all teams

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I am waiting a big suprise from Fenerbahce this season.Leonel Marshall and Ivan Milijkovic will play for Fener this season.Fener will do more transfers as women team.Good luck to all teams

Are you sure about Milijkovic? Cause I've read a text about him, that he might stay in Olimpiyakos for next season too..

• CEV granted a wild card to CSKA Sofia for a third year in a row! However, most of the players that reached the play-off phase of the IECL last year are expected to leave the club, so I don't know how reasonable the participation will be. I hope they can make a strong team and win at least 1 or 2 games, even though we really didn't deserve the invitation due to the accident with the flares.

• CEV granted a wild card to CSKA Sofia for a third year in a row! However, most of the players that reached the play-off phase of the IECL last year are expected to leave the club, so I don't know how reasonable the participation will be. I hope they can make a strong team and win at least 1 or 2 games, even though we really didn't deserve the invitation due to the accident with the flares.

Actually, the best players Nikolov, Todorov and Maiyo have contracts for the next season too and will leave only if they receive very good offers from strong teams. The captain Ivanov and Aleksandrov will probably stay as well. Also, as far as I know they are again trying to sign Fred Winters (the guy was close to a contract with CSKA last December), plus Salparov is very likely to return from Dinamo. I'm sure the team will be stronger than last season.

• DOL and European Volleyball Gala coming up this Friday in Vienna

2011 CEV Champions League

Luxembourg, June 22, 2010. A real highlight is coming up this
    Friday for the European Volleyball family with the Drawing of Lots for
    the next CEV Champions League taking place at the Platinum Vienna
    together with the traditional European Volleyball Gala organized in
    cooperation with the Austrian Volleyball Federation.

A total of 44 clubs will be competing in the 2011 CEV Champions League,
    with CEV being particularly proud to re-install a women’s division whose
    line up will comprise 20 teams, including a few real newcomers from
    Azerbaijan, Italy, Romania and Poland. The DOL will be carried out
    according to the provisions listed in the Official Regulations and
    taking into account the attributions of places descending from the
    European Ranking List.

CEV President André Meyer will exploit this unique opportunity to sum up
    the main facts and figures of the past season that finally confirmed
    Italy’s TRENTINO BetClic and Norda Foppapedretti BERGAMO as Europe’s
    best teams. Moreover, apart from some shows, the official logo of the
    2011 CEV European Championship – Men to be jointly organized in Austria
    and Czech Republic will be unveiled during the Gala and that special
    evening will feature also a short presentation of that event that will
    certainly be the major Volleyball happening for the year 2011.

The European Volleyball Gala – and the DOL for the next CEV Champions
    League – will start on Friday evening at 8.15 pm local time and will be
    broadcast by ORF Sport. Additionally live streaming will be available at
    www.laola1.tv

• 3rd POOL

Olympiacos PIRAEUS (GRE)
    JASTRZEBSKI Wegiel (POL)
    ACH Volley BLED (SLO)
    Budvanska Rivijera BUDVA (MNE)

6rd POOL

Hypo Tirol INNSBRUCK (AUT)
    Knack Randstad ROESELARE (BEL)
    Panathinaikos ATHENS (GRE)
    Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS)

GO OLYMPIAKOS!
    GO GREECE!

• Pool A: Zenit Kazań (RUS), AS Cannes (FRA), Generali Unterhaching (GER), CSKA Sofia (BUL)

Pool B: Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo (ITA), Noliko Maaseik (BEL), CAI Teruel (ESP), Radnicki Kragujevac (SRB)

Pool C: Olympiacos Pireus (GRE), Jastrzębski Węgiel (POL), ACH Volley Bled (SLO), Budvanska Rivijera Budva (MNE)

Pool D: Trentino BetClick (ITA), Skra Bełchatów (POL), VfB Friedrichshafen (GER), Remat Zalau (ROU)

Pool E: Lokomotiv Biełgorod (RUS), Tours VB (FRA), Fenerbahce Stambuł (TUR), Sisley Treviso (ITA)

Pool F: Panathinaikos Ateny (GRE), Knack Ranstad Roeselare (BEL), Hypo Tirol Insbruck (AUT), Dynamo Moskwa (RUS)

• Pool D- pool of death. Ahaha, great draw for Skra :D Trento, VfB :lol: I can't wait for those matches! We all know how good Skra was against VfB and Trentino defeated Skra last year on World Club Championship...it was 3-0. Upcoming Champions League will be the real test for Skra, I think they'll fail this test, not because I don't like them, but because they're not as good as many people think. Right now they're even weaker, because of their great coach- Nawrocki.
    About Jastrzębie...well...it's not the worst draw, but it's definitely not the easiest. It'll be really hard against Olympiacos, Bled also proved that they're pretty good team...hmm...we'll see what's gonna happen :)

• Yeah! Jastrzębski vs Olympiakos. I will be there, I will be! Without Czarnowski it won't be the same but there is still Yudin and Łomacz :D
    And Skra... It will be a big exam for this team. I hope they finally will win with Trentino.
    Panathinaikos vs Dynamo - I just wait for this!

• POOR Skra! :white:
    I think they will be hard to win over VfB either.In 08/09 season,they played awfully against vfb.
    Also,they are no used to beat the two 'GUNS' from Trento.

• Yeah! Jastrzębski vs Olympiakos. I will be there, I will be! Without Czarnowski it won't be the same but there is still Yudin and Łomacz :D
    And Skra... It will be a big exam for this team. I hope they finally will win with Trentino.
    Panathinaikos vs Dynamo - I just wait for this!

You'll be there too? :D lol I just can't wait for matches against Bled and Olympiakos ;)

• You'll be there too? :D lol I just can't wait for matches against Bled and Olympiakos ;)

Yeah, I will be!
    I hope Bled will play as good as last season or maybe better :D they're suprise-makers

• Pool D consists of two of the best teams in the world for sure - Trento and Skra, but Friedrichshafen without Grozer might be a different team. It's a tough and interesting pool, but for me the "pool of death" is Pool E. Many people consider D to be the strongest, but I don't agree. E is definitely the most balanced, each of these teams possesses the players to top the pool, Tours, Belgorod and Sisley are names in the modern history of the Chamions league, they ruled between 2003 and 2006, even though their squads are different from then. However, for me that's the strongest pool!

A known companion for CSKA - Zenit, but we will have chances to beat them only if they come for the last 6th round of the group stage :D Cannes is replacing Tours, comparing the pool with the last year's one, Generali Unterhaching doesn't have experience in the IECL, but they have a good team, so I guess they might become the main candidate for the second place unless CSKA or Cannes make some surprises.

The luckiest team in this year's edition is undoubtedly Cuneo :) they won't probably lose even a single game in their pool. Interesting games are expected in pools C and F, but we don't know yet how strong Olympiacos, Panathinaikos, Dinamo Moscow and Jastrzebski will be, they lost many key players already and haven't been very active on the transfer market, so I predict some surprises in these two pools!

• Yes, Skra is going to have tough way to the next round. Maybe VFB Friedrichshafen won't be that great, but all the teams in the pool should beat the team from Romania, so everything will decide between three great firms - Skra, Trentino and Vfb. It should be interesting.
    Jastrzębie has theoretically good draw, but I'm not sure if Jastrzebie is as good as in the last season. And they didn't manage qualifie to the playoffs after all and their performance was rather weak. I don't consider them as favorites in this pool.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D